Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Tweaks 'n' Such [v40.05] v1.5 Fear the Badger  (Read 24068 times)

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

oh_no

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile

Since I'm so indecisive about my own changes, I'll just make your changes the main weapon file Bloax.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

The max 3 level tweak for trees is really going to be a fort saver, that's assuming you have cavern trees set thus way too?
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Slax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Definitely some cool stuff going on here.
Now to stalk the thread for updates...

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would suggest making a thread in Mod Releases for this, since it's rather silly to keep it floating out here.

oh_no

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The OP can move the entire thread and change the name of the first post, even better for keeping things tidy.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile

Well I guess the post I thought I made didn't go through. I'll be waiting on the next update before I do any real changes since Toady seems to be stomping all sorts of stuff. I can move the topic then or now, I'd prefer to do it once I update though.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile

Some updating done, Toady's squashed quite a few of the things that were previously hotfixed with raw stuff. Will look into what to do from here, suggestions especially welcome at this point.

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile

Have you tried tweaking the unusable plants?  From what I've done of it, simply rigging a new reaction for fruit-plants gives usable fruits.  Something like this,

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:PROCESS_FRUIT_GROWTH]
[NAME:collect fruit from plant]
[BUILDING:FARMER:CUSTOM_F]
[REAGENT:plant:1:PLANT:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[HAS_ITEM_REACTION_PRODUCT:FRUIT]
[UNROTTEN]
[REAGENT:bag:1:BOX:NONE:NONE:NONE] <--  might need to leave this out because of issues with bags
[EMPTY]
[BAG]
[PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:GET_ITEM_DATA_FROM_REAGENT:plant:FRUIT]
[PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:bag]
[SKILL:PROCESSPLANTS]

with the appropriate item reaction product for the fruit-bearing plant.  You can do something similar with other growths (artichokes etc.). 

Or even better, make one reaction for all seed-bearing growths, with the item reaction product token as PLANT_GROWTH or similar. Also, the vanilla "process plant to bag" reaction should produce seeds, which you could co-opt for any other plant growths without seeds.  (That reaction above is just the same reaction without seeds, since fruits contain the seed)

Also, underground vermin populations are really high.  In my medium-size 150 year old world have I ten times as many bats as roaches and rats.  Though it is because caverns extend through the whole globe, even below oceans where overworld vermin don't live, and there are three layers of them, so balancing that might be more complicated.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 12:07:10 am by samanato »

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Tweaks 'n' Such [v40.05] v1.5 Fear the Badger
« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2014, 12:23:24 am »

What's that "new metals" in the change log?
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2014, 12:24:37 am »

What's that "new metals" in the change log?

It's the mithril from Masterwork.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2014, 01:00:34 am »

Ah, I'm regenning in 40.05 so I'll see how this affects my game...
Sorry Obok, Onget, Reg, Rimtar, Vabok, Kib and Dumat...

conductorbosh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2014, 11:03:32 am »

What files should I use if I want the creature and other tweaks, but do not want any new metals?

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2014, 07:24:34 am »

The Discipline skill and Maxage addition changes some creature files that are also changed in [0.40.05v02] Phoebus' Graphic Set (Obsidian fix & Compatibility with 0.40.04). The following download is a zip of four files that can be placed in \raw\objects so that you can use both at the same time.

http://speedy.sh/HbUaA/tweaks-with-pheobe-patch.zip
()==[:::::::::::::>

Hefateus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 05, 2014, 08:00:37 am »

PTW
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]