Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 57

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Forgotten IC Thread  (Read 48450 times)

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fire Emblem on Forums: The Forgotten IC Thread
« on: June 19, 2014, 06:32:13 pm »

~~~~~Rules~~~~~
Even though most of you are veterans to FEF, I'll list the rules for those who aren't.

Questions and general OoC discussion are to be posted in the OoC thread, not here.

"Use colored text for PC speech."
   Use italics to indicate thoughts.   
Normal text for descriptions and/or fluff.
   Bold text for actions.

3. Posting Order:
Oustside of Battle: Players-> GM as needed -> Players...
In battle:Player/s -> GM -> Player/s... Until end of Player Phase -> GM posts Enemy Phase -> GM posts for allies -> Turn End -> Repeat until map is cleared.

No posting unless GM mentions you or your character! You will be notified by bold text at the bottom of a GM's post if you can post.

~~~~~Table of Contents~~~~~
Nope, nothing to see here.

OoC Thread

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Forgotten IC Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 06:34:19 pm »

Prologue: A Chance Encounter
~~~

Sarles, a town located on the Karlt-Itola border. Usually a town of trade and commerce, that has since changed with war in Karlt. Goods rarely flow into the town nowadays and recently both deserters from the Karlt army and bandits alike have tried to take the town on numerous occasions. Sarles' leaders have tried to appeal to the local nobles for support but they refused, saying all their troops were busy doing more important things, like guarding the shipments of their artifacts.

Because of such, Sarles has taken to hiring several groups of mercenaries. However, many of them proved to be cowards and fled at the first sign of trouble, happy with the half of their pay they recieved in advance. Godhand has proved they are no such cowards and have played a part in repelling both parties. However, with rumors of a larger force approaching even more mercenaries have fled, leaving Godhand as one of the few remaining mercenary companies.

A tall, blonde man in brown armor walked into the inn on the west side of Sarles, The Blue Vine, followed by a group of seven people. He led them to the tables in corner and placed a map on the table, a closeup of the town, and pointed at the west most area. 

"Alright, we've been assigned to the west side of town today. If any of them show up, whether they be bandits or deserters, we're the first line of defense and the last thing they see. This should be routine by now, I'd hope."

He moved his hand west until it hovered over the woods to the southwest.
"If they come, they're likely to come from this direction so I would like at least one of you keeping watch. Other than that, you're free to do pretty much whatever, within reason of course, so long as you stay nearby."

//Gorog the Destroyer, Aneira, Ekul Miskar, Hilde Sartore, Alexios Eusebius, Lian-Ziu and Martyn are in!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 11:19:30 am by F.O.E. »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 06:38:00 pm »

Aneira fiddled with her strung bow as their boss talked to them. Stretching slightly, she slumped against the wall as he finished.

"Hmmph, I've got no problem keeping an eye out. Wouldn't mind some company though."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 06:52:08 pm »

:"I'll come along! It's never a bad idea to have one of us healers helping watch, after all."
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 06:57:24 pm by Powder Miner »

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 07:04:27 pm »

A young woman stretched as she looked down at the map, one eye open for a moment before relaxing her arms again.
: "Careful those don't become your famous last words, Alexios. Can't quite heal thyself if you're turned into an arrow cushion." The young woman laid her hand casually on the hilt of the sword hanging from her belt.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 07:06:28 pm »

"Alrighty then Alexios, I'll welcome you along for sure. Hopefully you won't be needing to heal me much. I'd like to think I'd learned to take care of myself a bit better than that."

Kelsper

• Bay Watcher
  • Them the eyes of evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 07:07:51 pm »

Hilde stood unwavered as her boss laid out the map and today's plans. Routine, yeah, and unimpressive.

"Ahh, looks like ah right piece of pish! We'll be done in time fer tea, nae worries."
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 07:12:50 pm by Kelsper »

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 07:15:08 pm »

The cloaked man within the group shrugs, leaning on his spear as he peers down on the map.

"I suppose we have our watchmen, then. Leaves me free to doublecheck the fire-fighting supplies before I get back to helping the Greywoods repair the northern barricades. Still..."

He shoots a glance at Hilde.

"Normal or not, this is serious.  We've lost most of the other groups and we need the proper defenses in place if we don't want bandits getting through and hitting the storehouses.  The people will need the food and coin come winter.  And I assume most of us would rather like to receive the rest of our pay."

Kelsper

• Bay Watcher
  • Them the eyes of evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2014, 07:18:31 pm »

"Ah, yer just ah big girl's blouse, Martyn. We're nae like they other dafties."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2014, 07:21:56 pm »

:"I'm not going to get turned into a pincushion, Lian. Besides, even if I did, I've got my relic!"
Alexios wriggled his glowing, glass-gauntleted fingers.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2014, 07:24:00 pm »

Rolling her eyes at the two bickering over the seriousness of the situation, Aneira yawned and stood up.

"Oh, get a room you two. Lets head out Alexios, we should get somewhere we can keep an eye on the woods."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2014, 07:25:53 pm »

:"Alright! I'm following you."

Kelsper

• Bay Watcher
  • Them the eyes of evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2014, 07:27:35 pm »

Hilde turned around towards Aneira with a retort.

"Aye, yer the one gaeing onna date with girly-boy, Aneira. Maybe ye shouldnae be telling me to getta room."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2014, 07:28:57 pm »

The young woman, Lian, yawned and moved to follow alongside Alexios and Aneira.
: "Wait up, I'm following too. You need a close quarters fighter if things do get dicey." Lian angled her head over to Martyn with a smirk, not even acknowledging Hilde, "I'm sure our resident idea guy can keep the logistics handled."
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 07:30:28 pm by CrimsonEon »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2014, 07:33:22 pm »

"Please. He's the one who volunteered. I would've said yes to any one of you. I just figured you two could work out some of that tension before a fight."

"Anyways, Alexios, lets go. And you're welcome to join us Lian. Should be a nice little party now."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 57