Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Dragon Ball XdX (Applications and OOC) (IC made)  (Read 11158 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Ball XdX (Applications and OOC)
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2014, 02:48:36 pm »

Here is what I have for a sheet so far. Sorry bout the mess. It is still on a copy I made of the template:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mgO9TehyGqIXh4JW6G2_N8yg2T6nGhcsExTKYzL4n4I/edit

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2014, 03:01:04 pm »

The Poseidon Sphere reminds me of a technique from Digimon X-Evolution. Have you watched that film? I think it had a similar name, too.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2014, 03:05:51 pm »

Never got into Digimon.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2014, 04:12:13 pm »

Here, look up Wargreymon X.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2014, 09:25:52 pm »

It has two Slots that can be filled, (There isn't a stat for remaining Ki energy I have noticed), each slot stores what I presume is 300 ki, but the second slot one can only be filled by using the level 2 technique, which requires either a power level of 340, Using Ki release to lower the exertion cost, Or By Spending an additional 2 minutes to charge it. But at their current level they can only release 20 percent of that, the remainder is lost.

So max is 300 ki for the current version of the batteries?  Also, you may want to mention that the charge time may be increased or decreased.

Also, I think I am going to by tying remaining Ki energy to exertion.

How will the Dragon-balls work. (If they Can even be obtained outside of plot necessity?)

1 wish following the same rules as the main series dragons do (you're going to be having your own unique so the parallel stories thing won't mess up wishes).

How exactly does magic work in this? Like, ki allows for shooting of lasers and such. Does mgic allow me to shoot fireball? Conjure icicles? Grant wishes? What?

Ki works within reality's laws, Magic warps reality's laws.

Here is what I have for a sheet so far. Sorry bout the mess. It is still on a copy I made of the template:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mgO9TehyGqIXh4JW6G2_N8yg2T6nGhcsExTKYzL4n4I/edit

Could you change Posidon Sphere to:

Name: Poseidon Sphere I
Charge Time: Variable
Effect(s): (Modify the wording to fit, but put the gist of this in there)  Maximum energy able to be contained is the user's affinity multiplied by the number of minute intervals of charge; may be transferred to another person without loss of energy; can be absorbed to boost other attacks for a minute
Exertion: 15

Later versions could have shorter intervals.

Final note to everyone: unless you want your attacks to be assigned the default damage (1 before multiplier of power), please include how much the base damage of the attack would do in them.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2014, 11:47:50 pm »

Could you change Posidon Sphere to:

Name: Poseidon Sphere I
Charge Time: Variable
Effect(s): (Modify the wording to fit, but put the gist of this in there)  Maximum energy able to be contained is the user's affinity multiplied by the number of minute intervals of charge; may be transferred to another person without loss of energy; can be absorbed to boost other attacks for a minute
Exertion: 15

Later versions could have shorter intervals.

Done

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2014, 12:30:47 am »

It has two Slots that can be filled, (There isn't a stat for remaining Ki energy I have noticed), each slot stores what I presume is 300 ki, but the second slot one can only be filled by using the level 2 technique, which requires either a power level of 340, Using Ki release to lower the exertion cost, Or By Spending an additional 2 minutes to charge it. But at their current level they can only release 20 percent of that, the remainder is lost.

So max is 300 ki for the current version of the batteries?  Also, you may want to mention that the charge time may be increased or decreased.

I am completely reworking my current Move-set, as it is getting too complex, along with the fact that I really botched some math on exertion. charging is now delegated to one technique and the charge time is now zero, However, the technique now has an exertion of (0.2K)+1 with K being my current Ki, so it will always have a charge time of at least one minute. Using the next level of The technique requires a new level of battery. and allows the next level of it's respective "Ki release". in this version, the batteries can only store his current power level in Ki, and won't receive any more due to safety features, and have two slots like before.

Also, could you specify how exertion will work into remaining energy? Ki and Mystic both. Will we just have 20% of our power level/Mystic  in Exertion points, or is there a more complete system you have in mind?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 12:33:51 am by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2014, 02:12:43 am »

Mind being more specific on the 'Magic warps reality's laws' thing? What attacks would I have access to?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2014, 07:57:22 pm »

Mind being more specific on the 'Magic warps reality's laws' thing?

You can create wormholes where none previously existed, create an area of space that would output greater energy than was put into it, decrease, increase, or reverse gravity gravity, amplify or reduce velocities, amplify or reduce densities, refocus light, fold space, etc.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2014, 06:50:16 am »

So...
Can I shoot of fireballs?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2014, 11:30:42 am »

So...
Can I shoot of fireballs?

They'd would be made of plasma rather than fire, but through use of the second thing I listed, yes.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2014, 12:06:27 pm »

Hmm...
Bending the laws of reality. So, I could also in theory create a pocket dimension, yes?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2014, 12:14:21 pm »

Hmm...
Bending the laws of reality. So, I could also in theory create a pocket dimension, yes?

Bending space would allow you to make a bubble of space with a pinprick sized hole.  Effectively a pocket dimension.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2014, 06:57:23 am »

Almost done chaacter, just finishing the last few techniques.
Also, Magic uses Magic Affinity instead of Power Level for Exertion, right?

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2014, 07:12:35 am »

Hmmm, this seems interesting, I'll see what I can whip up, maybe a sandwich, also is my Australian timezone okay?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9