Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: In the middle of time, in the land of nostalgia...  (Read 6884 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: In the middle of time, in the land of nostalgia...
« Reply #90 on: March 10, 2014, 02:44:05 am »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #91 on: March 10, 2014, 02:58:35 am »

Whenever he's off-duty.

By the way, that episode was one of the funniest in terms of Spock doing ridiculous things while Kirk enjoyed making Spock do ridiculous things.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #92 on: March 10, 2014, 03:15:45 am »

Yeah. I think I, Mudd takes the cake though (at least, of all the ones I've watched).
Quote from: Spock
I... love... you. But! I hate you.

This scene is probably my favourite out of the whole series. The ending is a bit lame, though.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #93 on: March 10, 2014, 12:21:51 pm »

Why didn't they just *start* with the paradox? Seems like it would have saved them a lot of time. On the other hand, we wouldn't have enjoyed the mime show that way.

In other news, check out what I found at the secondhand bookshop today. I've never read a Star Trek novel, but this was too good to pass up, especially for the price!

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 10, 2014, 12:43:30 pm »

In other news, check out what I found at the secondhand bookshop today. I've never read a Star Trek novel, but this was too good to pass up, especially for the price!
I think I read a few of those when I was younger. Quality varies of course. One was this one, that was ok I think, but I don't remember if it was, despite the title, Spock-centric enough to fuel your Spockophilia.  ;)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #95 on: March 10, 2014, 01:31:43 pm »

Well, I just got a DMCA notice in my email because some asshole working for IFPI has decided that I'm breaking the law by uploading an obscure track from a record released in the 60s which, as far as I know, is not even for sale any longer (The Way I Feel by Leonard Nimoy). I guess they might have re-released it as a CD, but seriously. I'm not losing the record company any money. If anything, I'm alerting other people to the presence of a Leonard Nimoy album they most certainly didn't know about before seeing that post.

They threatened me with deletion of my account if I ever do something so traitorously horrific as posting a technically-still-copyrighted file ever again. Nevermind the fact that the artist involved doesn't care at all. Or the fact that all it takes to get this warning and have your files deleted is for someone to "allege" that you have violated copyright. They don't even have to fucking prove it.

So now I'm all kinds of pissed off at the way the world is going these days. I'm considering leaving Tumblr and moving my blog elsewhere. Ever since they were bought by Yahoo, suddenly everyone is getting these DMCA notices, and there are new "promoted" posts and ads all over the site that were never there before.

Can anyone recommend a good site for an art blog? Also, anyone got any funny pictures or vids to cheer me up?

Here's the modified post, in case anyone is interested. I replaced Consilium with "Spies Are Reading My Blog" by David Rovics, who releases all his songs under Creative Commons and survives exclusively on name-your-own-price sales and donations.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #96 on: March 10, 2014, 01:36:47 pm »

wordpress.com might work.

And even if the tribbles have been posted before, they're worth posting again:
Spoiler: Tribbles! (click to show/hide)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #97 on: June 19, 2014, 01:42:45 am »

Arise, thread, you are needed! Do You Wanna Kill Some Rebels?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]