Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: DwarfFamily  (Read 39016 times)

Ltan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: DwarfFamily
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2017, 10:19:15 am »

I really hate to necropost, but I made a few changes to the program and wanted to know if I could post them to git as a new branch perhaps?

Things I added:

All of the header and footer lines needed to work with gramps and other genealogy programs.
GIVN and SURN fields that split the NAME at the first and last words in the name string.
Added / around the surname/ last name in the string to flag that as the surname.

It is a bit cludgy as I don't really know Java and used Google to figure out what I needed for these additions.

Let me know if the changes are wanted or not?

Morphyum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2017, 02:27:36 pm »

Have you forked on github? Then just submit a merge request. Else pm me and I give you my email and look into the code. If everything else is still running fine I see no problem integrating your chances since I am not really working on this project anymore, considering I haven't started DF in over a year.

Ltan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2017, 03:10:07 pm »

Done. 

Oh...  I think that commit has it to where it will store the .ged file inside the legends folder where the .xml file is imported from.  It also names the file the same name as the legends file.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 03:13:55 pm by Ltan »

Morphyum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2017, 10:14:03 am »

Ok Version 0.4 is uploaded on DFFD and edited the description, thanks Ltan :)

Ltan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2017, 02:40:52 pm »

Not a problem at all Morphyum!  Was a nice little bit of learning for me, and a program that I will get some use out of :D
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]