Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1077157 times)

nomad_delta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.13-r1
« Reply #1035 on: September 29, 2014, 05:49:42 pm »

Does anyone know whether the stockpile "autodump" portion of Falconne's "UI Improvement Plugins" ever got updated for DF2014?  When I hit [q] on a stockpile I see the Shift-T for auto-trade and Shift-M for auto-melt from that stockpile and those are working great, but I don't see shift-D to set auto-dump from that stockpile.  It's supposed to look like this, but the auto-dump line is missing:

http://i.imgur.com/piJ06yt.png

Here's a link to the original thread for Falconne's plugins, not sure where the current versions included with the latest version of dfhack came from: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=119575.0

Thanks!

--nomad_delta

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: September 29, 2014, 06:02:36 pm »

How do I view my adventurers reputation while in an adventure game? Or rather, can I?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.10-r1
« Reply #1037 on: September 29, 2014, 08:26:42 pm »

Hi again everyone...

First, does anyone know the answer to this, or should I just risk creating a rift in the time-space continuum? :)
I have a question about customizing the spawn script: How can you tell "what time it is" to set the spawned creature's birth time exactly?  In my case, the creature comes into being the moment the script is called (no backdated birthdays), so unit.relations.birth_year=df.global.cur_year gets the year right.  Is it unit.relations.birth_time=df.global.curr_year_ticks to set the birth time?  The historical figure data seems to want hf.born_seconds and I'm not sure how "ticks" relate to "seconds" here.

Second, I thought I could spawn a tame creature by assigning it the same civ as the player.  It shows up as "Tame" on the units screen, but "Not tame" on the Z/Animals screen.  Is it possible to fiddle with the little bugger's tameness as he's being spawned?

Edit: Well for the first question, df.global.cur_year_tick runs without errors, though I don't know how to check the creature in detail to see if it really is just moments old.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 10:54:22 pm by Dirst »
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: September 29, 2014, 08:42:33 pm »

If I understand my search results correctly, this screen is from stackflow, right?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
No, this is the "gui/room-list" script, accessible (by default) by pressing Alt-R when viewing a building. If you're using Windows and meant to press "R", it's possible that the "Alt" key is stuck - pressing and releasing it should fix the problem.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

breadman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: September 29, 2014, 10:59:07 pm »

Does anyone know whether the stockpile "autodump" portion of Falconne's "UI Improvement Plugins" ever got updated for DF2014?

No, it hasn't.  It can be compiled in its current state, but would need a bit of work, just like stockflow, autotrade, and automelt did, to play nicely with the new behavior of the stockpile links.  I haven't done that, out of apathy, though I have found Falconne's source code for it.  I'm curious; what would an auto-dumping stockpile provide for you that minecarts don't?
Quote from: Kevin Wayne, in r.g.r.n
Is a "diety" the being pictured by one of those extremely skinny aboriginal statues?

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: September 30, 2014, 08:26:35 am »

interaction-trigger does not work in the arena AFAIK, probably for the same reason most tick-based repeating loops don't.

I'm testing it in adventure mode though. Should the commands that I posted work, or are they completely wrong?

Also, how would I go about launching scripts every time a new region is loaded? I'm writing a script that should log the beliefs of any historical figures the player meets, but I have no idea how to automate the launching of the script. I'm not sure if "region" is the right term, but I need to the script to run whenever a new historical figure might be loaded.

Actually I think it has trouble in just adventure mode. It does things by searching through combat logs so unless your name is "you" it doesn't find the adventurer. I'll fix it when I can.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: September 30, 2014, 10:55:35 am »

interaction-trigger does not work in the arena AFAIK, probably for the same reason most tick-based repeating loops don't.

I'm testing it in adventure mode though. Should the commands that I posted work, or are they completely wrong?

Also, how would I go about launching scripts every time a new region is loaded? I'm writing a script that should log the beliefs of any historical figures the player meets, but I have no idea how to automate the launching of the script. I'm not sure if "region" is the right term, but I need to the script to run whenever a new historical figure might be loaded.

Actually I think it has trouble in just adventure mode. It does things by searching through combat logs so unless your name is "you" it doesn't find the adventurer. I'll fix it when I can.

It also doesn't seem to be functioning in the arena, at least for me, whenever I try and initialize it it gives the "not enough actors" error. It's possible (or should I say probable) that I have done something wrong, but I haven't managed to get it to work yet.

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: September 30, 2014, 01:23:42 pm »

Is there a protocol to get a script/tool added to the main install?  I've got a couple ideas I'd like to try out (and learn myself some lua or ruby) and it would be nice to get them included in future versions (assuming I ever get them to that point and they would be useful).  I don't really see any documentation on "so you want to help develop for dfHack"...

nomad_delta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: September 30, 2014, 02:03:09 pm »

Does anyone know whether the stockpile "autodump" portion of Falconne's "UI Improvement Plugins" ever got updated for DF2014?

No, it hasn't.  It can be compiled in its current state, but would need a bit of work, just like stockflow, autotrade, and automelt did, to play nicely with the new behavior of the stockpile links.  I haven't done that, out of apathy, though I have found Falconne's source code for it.  I'm curious; what would an auto-dumping stockpile provide for you that minecarts don't?

Mostly the ability to automagically dump everything from my indoors refuse pile down the garbage chute (80z's down straight into the magma bath with all of those useless goblin clothes!) ... without having to learn how to use mine carts.  :D

I hadn't even considered using minecarts to do it.  I've just been manually sweeping the refuse pile with d-b-d whenever it gets full.

I suppose this would probably be a good time for me to learn how to use minecarts, eh? :P

Also: was it you that recompiled and updated the other plugins like automelt for the new version? If so, or if you've done any other work on dfhack at all -- thank you so much! dfhack makes my entire Dwarf Fortress experience much more enjoyable, and I really appreciate it.

--nomad_delta

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: September 30, 2014, 02:57:01 pm »

Is there a protocol to get a script/tool added to the main install?  I've got a couple ideas I'd like to try out (and learn myself some lua or ruby) and it would be nice to get them included in future versions (assuming I ever get them to that point and they would be useful).  I don't really see any documentation on "so you want to help develop for dfHack"...
Most people make a PR (once a script is ready for inclusion), although this thread and #dfhack on irc.freenode.net also work. In order to make a PR, you'd need to fork DFHack/dfhack on Github, create a new branch from the "develop" branch, add your script to it and create a PR based on "DFHack:develop" (i.e. the develop branch of DFHack/dfhack).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: September 30, 2014, 03:01:39 pm »

How do I view my adventurers reputation while in an adventure game? Or rather, can I?

Anybody know anything on this?

Then again, relationships (and many other things) are really broken right now in adventure mode.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: September 30, 2014, 03:23:02 pm »

Most people make a PR (once a script is ready for inclusion), although this thread and #dfhack on irc.freenode.net also work. In order to make a PR, you'd need to fork DFHack/dfhack on Github, create a new branch from the "develop" branch, add your script to it and create a PR based on "DFHack:develop" (i.e. the develop branch of DFHack/dfhack).

PR == Pull Request

Just in case you didn't know.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: September 30, 2014, 03:28:37 pm »

make sure to update NEWS

breadman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: September 30, 2014, 04:49:36 pm »

Mostly the ability to automagically dump everything from my indoors refuse pile down the garbage chute (80z's down straight into the magma bath with all of those useless goblin clothes!) ... without having to learn how to use mine carts.  :D

I suppose this would probably be a good time for me to learn how to use minecarts, eh? :P

This seems like a perfect application for them, yes.  They're really not that bad, though setting up tracks can be a bit finicky.

Also: was it you that recompiled and updated the other plugins like automelt for the new version? If so, or if you've done any other work on dfhack at all -- thank you so much! dfhack makes my entire Dwarf Fortress experience much more enjoyable, and I really appreciate it.

Just those three, along with a few other small fixes.  The real credit goes to those who wrote and maintain the core system; I'm nowhere near the top of the list of contributors.
Quote from: Kevin Wayne, in r.g.r.n
Is a "diety" the being pictured by one of those extremely skinny aboriginal statues?

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: September 30, 2014, 06:50:13 pm »

This seems like a perfect application for them, yes.  They're really not that bad, though setting up tracks can be a bit finicky.

Note that minecarts can do what he wants without a single bit of track. 

Minecart Quantum Stockpiles.  You just need a track stop set to dump toward the chute, and a single minecart with one stop and no depart rules.

It's fairly easy, and it's a good way to start learning minecart mechanics.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 360