Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1079467 times)

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.13-r1
« Reply #1125 on: October 15, 2014, 09:16:56 am »

Is there any way to execute a script when world gen starts?

Also, how would I go about freezing DF, doing some stuff, and then resuming the game? Does dfhack.with_suspend(f[,args...]) do anything like this? How would I go about using this? :)

Currently there is no way of doing that.

DF is already frozen during Lua script execution.

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: October 15, 2014, 09:26:49 am »

Is there any way to execute a script when world gen starts?

Also, how would I go about freezing DF, doing some stuff, and then resuming the game? Does dfhack.with_suspend(f[,args...]) do anything like this? How would I go about using this? :)

Currently there is no way of doing that.

DF is already frozen during Lua script execution.

Alright, thank you. :)
I love this community. Somebody asks "hay guise how do i tame shark", and then everybody is like "why don't we fling sharks at things with complex mechanical devices?".

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: October 15, 2014, 02:33:50 pm »

thegamemaster1234 has entered a fey mood!
thegamemaster1234 claims a MacBook Pro!

thegamemaster1234 was unable to satisfy his requirements...

thegamemaster1234 has gone insane!

^^
me after trying to get masterwork to work on osx using dfhack 34.11r5, since r4 never got an osx version for some reason, while ALL VERSIONS BEFORE (AND AFTER) IT GOT ONE. im a little mad at that.
every time a world is loaded while dfhack is being used causes a segfault. only happens while using masterwork raws.
I don't know what dfhack would be trying to access, but I do have this bit from the end of stderr.log, if that helps:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I've been trying to get masterwork to, well, work on osx for quite a while now, originally it was a matter of "everything that uses eventful plugin doesn't work because too outdated," but now it's "crashes with unknown explanation every time worlds are loaded."

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: October 15, 2014, 02:39:21 pm »

r4 wasn't exactly an official release, but here's an OS X build.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: October 15, 2014, 03:21:34 pm »

r4 wasn't exactly an official release, but here's an OS X build.
Thanks, that seems to have taken a step in the right direction as twbt is working correctly now, yet there's still strange segfaults whenever worldgen starts to create caves; from this I assume this means that somehow dfhack is going all weird when creating certain civs.

I really hope I can find a solution to this mess.

EDIT: After turning off all civs but dwarves... that doesn't change anything. There's also no error logs or anything, just a cryptic segfault 11.
Turning off caves doesn't do anything either, so I still don't have any idea what this means. All I know is that right after genning minerals it immediately crashes.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 03:48:49 pm by thegamemaster1234 »

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: October 15, 2014, 04:19:08 pm »

You should probably post masterwork problems in the masterwork area of the forums, meph added things to dfhack that would cause df to crash at some point if you used the wrong version of dfhack.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: October 15, 2014, 05:07:43 pm »

You should probably post masterwork problems in the masterwork area of the forums, meph added things to dfhack that would cause df to crash at some point if you used the wrong version of dfhack.
Huh, I didn't know that. Do you know what things specifically, and if they're not in the source code/can be fixed manually? I only posted this here because dfhack is a big part of mdf and it seems odd that it would only crash upon using masterwork RAWS... which is strange, as the raws are not code but rather a large compilation of various tags. If I wanted to present this problem on the mdf forums, where should I put it? It's not race- or gui- specific, and the mac version thread is old, so I don't really know whether or not to create a new thread.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: October 15, 2014, 05:41:52 pm »

If you're using the right version of DFHack, any MDF crashes are most likely MDF-related (not DFHack-related).

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: October 15, 2014, 06:03:16 pm »

Huh, I didn't know that. Do you know what things specifically, and if they're not in the source code/can be fixed manually? I only posted this here because dfhack is a big part of mdf and it seems odd that it would only crash upon using masterwork RAWS... which is strange, as the raws are not code but rather a large compilation of various tags. If I wanted to present this problem on the mdf forums, where should I put it? It's not race- or gui- specific, and the mac version thread is old, so I don't really know whether or not to create a new thread.

It's not that strange they add in new materials/minerals and a whole much of things and some of those things could use dfhack files I'm really not sure what your issue is but find the mac post in that section or make a new post. If you post in the mac thread then anyone who has posted there will see it when they look at new replies to your posts and so it's more likely that they will see it. MDF has things in the raws which use dfhack so it's not weird that it might crash with a different version than it was "shipped" with. Like the vanilla dfhack which hasn't been modified to include the dfhack stuff, I understand that someone over there uploads mac versions of MDF but you'd get better information over there.

Pyro627

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: October 16, 2014, 05:02:14 pm »

I've found a not-so-small bug with the digv command.

When you designate a vein to be dug with digv, it'll designate the vein's tiles for digging without checking to see if the vein has been replaced by something else during map generation. Specifically, I've noticed this with the obsidian walls of volcanoes; using digv will tell your dwarves to dig right into to the side of an active volcano.
Here's a tip, though... Use Russian characters in your WPA5 passphrase. If your spontaneous AI is anything like my spontaneous AI (not as aggressive as yours, good conversation, but actually worse than me at chess*), it can't handle any character outside of the CODEPAGE 437 list.

*I hope. It could just be lulling me into a false sense of security.

wickys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: October 17, 2014, 10:34:34 am »

Is there any way to paint grass on underground tiles?

the tiletypes command only gives me sand if I input soil.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: October 17, 2014, 10:49:09 am »

The cavegrasses grow once you've broke through to a cave then you can seal it up and the grasses will still continue to grow.

wickys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: October 17, 2014, 11:34:51 am »

Hmm okay.

Also: the revflood command doesn't seem to work when I use it.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: October 17, 2014, 01:59:05 pm »

revflood seems to work for me. What exactly is the problem?

The cavegrasses grow once you've broke through to a cave then you can seal it up and the grasses will still continue to grow.
You can also use "feature" to trigger a cavern discovery (allowing grass to grow) without actually breaching a cavern.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: October 17, 2014, 02:17:13 pm »

But then you don't get the unexpected like a troll breaking a door from the caverns and your dwarves ignoring it and it ignoring your dwarves while you are thinking oh s$%& cause you have no military but he is just interested in peace. Then becomes dog chow.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 360