Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1077105 times)

wickys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.13-r1
« Reply #1140 on: October 17, 2014, 04:12:33 pm »

revflood seems to work for me. What exactly is the problem?

The cavegrasses grow once you've broke through to a cave then you can seal it up and the grasses will still continue to grow.
You can also use "feature" to trigger a cavern discovery (allowing grass to grow) without actually breaching a cavern.

It just doesn't hide any tiles. I did a failproof test by building a wall behind a natural wall and nothing got hidden. Like this: http://i.imgur.com/L8mm2.jpg

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: October 17, 2014, 04:17:39 pm »

Gotta chime in with another WORKS4ME. I do the exact same thing and revflood does the job fine. Something's not right here.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: October 17, 2014, 04:22:35 pm »

I have a bit of a request for the pros here, I'm running into a town related crash in adventure mode, though specifically I want to see if I can save this savegame, especially since that adventurer is underground and thus, kind of stuck.

Basically, I'm just wondering if you guys can somehow salvage that specific savegame, but providing some insight into what's causing the crash would be of help to Toady One.

I might be able to get out by saving every ten steps or something.

I'm using Peridexis's starter pack r1.

Edit: Okay, I got out by saving every ten steps. Seems that once the trouble spot got offloaded, it stopped crashing, I think.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 05:10:57 pm by smjjames »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: October 17, 2014, 04:29:39 pm »

revflood seems to work for me. What exactly is the problem?

The cavegrasses grow once you've broke through to a cave then you can seal it up and the grasses will still continue to grow.
You can also use "feature" to trigger a cavern discovery (allowing grass to grow) without actually breaching a cavern.

It just doesn't hide any tiles. I did a failproof test by building a wall behind a natural wall and nothing got hidden. Like this: http://i.imgur.com/L8mm2.jpg
I'm pretty sure that's expected behavior, since there's no way to make an underground room with constructed walls without revealing the adjacent natural walls (assuming they exist).
Edit: revflood appears to be using something similar to the tile visibility algorithm used by DF, if I understand correctly: https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/blob/develop/plugins/reveal.cpp#L393
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 04:34:38 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

wickys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: October 17, 2014, 08:49:28 pm »

http://i.imgur.com/tH4HQgG.png

The little area I walled off to the left doesn't get filled in by revflood.

I dont know whats wrong.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: October 17, 2014, 11:45:39 pm »

How would one go about expanding the embark tools plugin? 

In my major mod, smelter reactions are all custom reactions with additional reagents to the ore itself.  For example, tetrahedrite smelting needs a flux in rough green glass which you can get in several ways, lead and tin ores need another coal bar to reduce the oxide, and ironworking is done entirely outside of the smelter.  This means, metal ores are no longer considered as such by the vanilla game, so that they no longer appear on the embark screen as "Shallow Metal" and "Deep Metal". 

I want to restore something like that to the embark screen, which I think would work in a similar way to the sand indicator.  As groundwork I've prefixed all the ore names with METAL_ORE_ (so, METAL_ORE_HEMATITE and so on).  How would such a script work, so that for example, the string to search would be "METAL_ORE_"? Ideally I would like for it to work like vanilla (with plurals and depth and all) though that is too much wizardry for me (I can't into DFHack programming  :()
I'm not sure if samanato ever got an answer, but I was hoping to make a variation of the sand indicator for my mod as well, to indicate the presence of "living stone" (a set of several minerals added by the mod).  Ideally, I'd like the player to be able to filter locations by its presence, but that's probably beyond my limited coding capabilities.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Wooster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: October 18, 2014, 08:06:55 am »

How do I get prospect to work before embarkation?

At both the embark selection and points allocation stages, if I Ctrl-Shift-p and type prospect (or prospect all, etc.), all I get is, "Map is not available!" in red text. Is there something I need to do beforehand to make the map open to dfhack?

I'm running dfhack 0.40.13 (though this has happened in previous 0.40 releases as well) in Ubuntu 14.04 / Linux Mint 17.
Unofficial Lazy Newb Pack 43.03, Dwarf Mode only
Favourite utilities, mods and hacks: TWBT and Stockpile Settings Management; Masterwork Dwarf Fortress
Ubuntu 14.04 / Mint 17

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: October 18, 2014, 08:34:34 am »

I know this isn't the right version of dfhack, but the previous dwarfhack forums are locked so I have to post my question here.

I seem to be having a problem  using the plugin syndrome trigger
Spoiler: MY INTERACTION (click to show/hide)

It looks correct so I have no idea whats wrong (I did enable syndrometriger in the init file). I'm using the r4 version of 34.xx
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 09:05:25 am by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: October 18, 2014, 09:04:32 am »

How do I get prospect to work before embarkation?

At both the embark selection and points allocation stages, if I Ctrl-Shift-p and type prospect (or prospect all, etc.), all I get is, "Map is not available!" in red text. Is there something I need to do beforehand to make the map open to dfhack?

I'm running dfhack 0.40.13 (though this has happened in previous 0.40 releases as well) in Ubuntu 14.04 / Linux Mint 17.

You need to run "prospect all" in the DFHack console (i.e. not the in-game command prompt). "prospect" expects the top viewscreen to be the embark selection screen, and the command-prompt plugin creates its own viewscreen above the current viewscreen.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Wooster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: October 18, 2014, 09:23:01 am »

You need to run "prospect all" in the DFHack console (i.e. not the in-game command prompt). "prospect" expects the top viewscreen to be the embark selection screen, and the command-prompt plugin creates its own viewscreen above the current viewscreen.

Ah! Thanks, that's brilliant.
Unofficial Lazy Newb Pack 43.03, Dwarf Mode only
Favourite utilities, mods and hacks: TWBT and Stockpile Settings Management; Masterwork Dwarf Fortress
Ubuntu 14.04 / Mint 17

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: October 18, 2014, 03:04:03 pm »

I know this isn't the right version of dfhack, but the previous dwarfhack forums are locked so I have to post my question here.

I seem to be having a problem  using the plugin syndrome trigger
Spoiler: MY INTERACTION (click to show/hide)

It looks correct so I have no idea whats wrong (I did enable syndrometriger in the init file). I'm using the r4 version of 34.xx

Nevermind it just turned out that slayrace doesn't work with syndrometrigger and syndrome trigger doesn't work in the object testing arena. Once I inputted the commands I actually wanted to use and started a testfort everything worked
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: October 18, 2014, 06:39:22 pm »

I cannot see why slayrace wouldn't work with syndrometrigger.

wickys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: October 18, 2014, 06:50:16 pm »

http://i.imgur.com/tH4HQgG.png

The little area I walled off to the left doesn't get filled in by revflood.

I dont know whats wrong.

Nobody knows what's wrong with the command?

My base looks ridiculous with having long swindling halls that were mineral veins. Can't obscure them :(

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: October 18, 2014, 06:55:44 pm »

My best guess is that constructed walls aren't treated as terrain that blocks visibility.

wickys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: October 18, 2014, 07:16:47 pm »

My best guess is that constructed walls aren't treated as terrain that blocks visibility.

Oh my god you're right.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 360