Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1078587 times)

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.16-r1
« Reply #1500 on: November 21, 2014, 01:28:08 am »

OSX | DFHack 0.40.16-r1 with Stonesense
How did you compile Stonesense? I haven't been able to compile it on any platform since the emotion changes in 0.40.14.
Naive happiness patch. It runs, and feels as stable as usual on osx, but that's not too much. :)
Apparently I wasn't watching that repo, so I never noticed that PR. Thanks!

Edit: Also, how did you create that package? It appears from the filename that you used something other than "make package".
I made it "by hand", (tar -jcvf), didn't know there's a make command for that. live and learn.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: November 22, 2014, 12:07:59 am »

I had a question about poking reactions with DFHack.  Is it possible to intercept the reaction (either through reaction-trigger or some other hook) and look at or manipulate the reagents?

The idea is that certain rough gems might contain a "seed," and the process of extracting the seed would ruin the gem.  I'd like the player to get the gem back if the dice decide there is no seed in there, but not get the gem back if he/she gets a seed.

Since rough gems don't have names or quality levels or anything, it'd be fine to consume the original in the reaction and pop either a replacement rough gem or a seed in its place.  Ideally, I'd like the produced rough gem to be invisibly different from a mined rough gem (maybe setting it as "rotten" or something) so that the player can't repeatedly inspect the same gem.  "Rotten" or "undisturbed" would be nice because those can be excluded by reagent modifiers... it requires a [REAGENT:rough gem:1:ROUGH:NONE:INORGANIC:MY_MATERIAL][UNROTTEN].

Also, there is a typo in line 57 of modtools/reaction-trigger.lua: the "restul" should be "result".  I think it went under the radar because no one actually uses \\TARGET_ID.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: November 22, 2014, 09:05:13 am »

Yeah, it's almost possible with reaction trigger but currently there's no way to tell if a thing in the building was just created or if it has been there a while.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: November 22, 2014, 11:35:09 am »

https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/blob/master/Lua%20API.rst#eventful
Thanks!  This will take a bit of research, but it sounds like exactly what I needed.  Hopefully I can figure out how to make an inorganic "rotten" or "disturbed" without breaking the in-game text too much.

For future reference, is there any prospect of getting a \\REAGENT_LIST or \\PRODUCT_LIST for reaction-trigger?
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: November 22, 2014, 11:41:44 am »

At some point there will be.

Mokkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: November 22, 2014, 12:05:02 pm »

First thanks for all the good work.

Second, I have probably scewed something up, so ill ask here for help.
changeitem no mather what command and whit a item chosen by K and placing cursor over it (a log lying on a stockpile) or T over a building results in "No item selected in the UI" "No Item selected"

Running Dwarf fortress 0.40.16 whit DF-Hack 0.40.16-r1 and Phobeus graphics, OS Win7 Pro (Norwegian). Fort is from the release whit stepladders.

Second, is there a way in df-hack to make a dwarf no longer like harps, or change its like of harps to robes? that royal is getting rather pissed and I rather get mandates for usefull stuff.. ;) (heard of something called gui\gm-editor but it just gives a errormessage about no valid target when using K button over dwarf.

Any info i can give that can help whit for the changeitem problem?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: November 22, 2014, 12:41:42 pm »

Are you using the DFHack console or the command-prompt plugin (Ctrl-Shift-P)?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: November 22, 2014, 12:59:47 pm »

item chosen by K and placing cursor over it (a log lying on a stockpile) or T over a building results in "No item selected in the UI" "No Item selected"
Could this be the cause?

Mokkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: November 22, 2014, 01:05:07 pm »

Are you using the DFHack console or the command-prompt plugin (Ctrl-Shift-P)?
not the promt in Df, the console. (its the window that looks like good old MS-Dos..

Mokkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: November 22, 2014, 05:04:45 pm »

item chosen by K and placing cursor over it (a log lying on a stockpile) or T over a building results in "No item selected in the UI" "No Item selected"
Could this be the cause?
It seems to be that for the changeitem, I on a gamble, replaced my symbols.xml whit that one (after spending 10 min to figure out where it was).. and now changeitem info worked.. (not tried rest yet).

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: November 23, 2014, 08:54:44 am »

I'm sorry, but DFHack still seems to crash when item-trigger is used like this: modtools/item-trigger -itemType ITEM_SHOES_PIPBUCK -onEquip -command [ modtools/add-syndrome -syndrome "PipBuck" -target \\UNIT_ID ]

If you wish, here is a crash dump.
When does it crash? Immediately after calling it or when they equip it or unequip it? Arena or fort mode?
Immediately  after unpausing in Fortress Mode.
Not wanting to sound impatient, but is there any progress on this bug?
I do stuff, I guess

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: November 23, 2014, 12:18:21 pm »

First thanks for all the good work.

Second, I have probably scewed something up, so ill ask here for help.
changeitem no mather what command and whit a item chosen by K and placing cursor over it (a log lying on a stockpile) or T over a building results in "No item selected in the UI" "No Item selected"

Running Dwarf fortress 0.40.16 whit DF-Hack 0.40.16-r1 and Phobeus graphics, OS Win7 Pro (Norwegian). Fort is from the release whit stepladders.

Second, is there a way in df-hack to make a dwarf no longer like harps, or change its like of harps to robes? that royal is getting rather pissed and I rather get mandates for usefull stuff.. ;) (heard of something called gui\gm-editor but it just gives a errormessage about no valid target when using K button over dwarf.

Any info i can give that can help whit for the changeitem problem?

If changeitem isn't working, I don't know what you can do to a current game.

What I do when a new release comes out, is to add reactions so that I can make each of the "random" items (instruments and crafts) at the crafting workshop, allowing me to meet the nobles' needs without wasting a lot of materials for random outputs.

Urist McLovesBoats, "I said I wanted a toy boat, not a toy hammer. Idiots! I rule over idiots!"

Add this to the end of reaction_other.txt RAW
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Then in the entity_default.txt file, I add the following after [PERMITTED_REACTION:ADAMANTINE_WAFERS]:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

P.S.  You could add other reactions to cover the other materials that crafts, instruments, and toys can be made from, but rock is good enough for me. :D
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 01:34:20 pm by Billy Jack »
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: November 23, 2014, 12:35:01 pm »

The problem mentioned is that changeitem can't locate items, not that it can't modify them.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: November 23, 2014, 01:21:15 pm »

"devel/pop-screen" should dismiss a screen like that.

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 360