Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1077391 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.19-r1
« Reply #1575 on: December 05, 2014, 06:32:20 pm »

Hi sorry for Newb question, but something in DFHack is replacing some of the standard menu keyboard commands, any advise on how to switch them off?

'm' for military brings up some kind of Dwarf preference menu, seems interesting but I want my military screen back.
'p'- 'p' brings up a message "no buildings nearby" instead of making a weapons pile (other piles seem to work OK).
'q' - 'r' on beds makes a bedroom like it's supposed to but there's an extra screen 'no owner assigned' which doesn't seem to do anything and I have to press escape to get rid of it. Really annoying for assigning a bunch of bedrooms (I suspect I'm just misunderstanding a clever DfHack system for reducing micromanagement here - would like to turn it off though as I'm used to the vanilla version).

None of the above are defined in DfHack.ini which is mostly Alt+commands. Have Dwarf manipulator, Search and TWBT enabled in case that makes a difference. Using 4.19. The above only started happening on installing DFHack yesterday.

DFHack is surely a fantastic utility which enhances all sorts of aspects of the game, but what with the trend of packaging it with starter noob packs nowadays, having the menu not do what it says it does seems a great way to discourage any new Dwarf Fortress players.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 06:36:44 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: December 05, 2014, 06:54:44 pm »

Hi sorry for Newb question, but something in DFHack is replacing some of the standard menu keyboard commands, any advise on how to switch them off?

Because DF uses an old SDL version, the 'alt' key gets stuck occasionally.  Press and release the 'alt' key so it gets the keyup signal, and it should be fine.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: December 05, 2014, 07:57:40 pm »

Because DF uses an old SDL version, the 'alt' key gets stuck occasionally.  Press and release the 'alt' key so it gets the keyup signal, and it should be fine.

Problem solved. Thank you very much!
Now off to play with my new shiny Dwarf manipulator... :)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: December 05, 2014, 09:28:42 pm »

Here is a Linux build (apologies for the delay there).

I'm uploading an OS X build now and starting a build on Linux.
Uhmm: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jl2wlb8832o13bg/dfhack-0.40.19-r1-Darwin.zip

Forgot to post it earlier.
Thanks! Expwnent has uploaded that to Github.

I don't believe this has anything to do with the SDL version, although you could try upgrading to 1.2.15. It may be a conflict with other utilities, a problem with how DFHack handles keybindings, or a problem with DF itself. Speaking of this, could you (or anyone else on Windows) try to reproduce it without any utilities and post your findings in the report?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

ancistrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: December 06, 2014, 05:30:45 am »

I skimmed the readme, but I cant figure this out:
what is that line displayed in the bottom right corner that looks like 0:0:0:0:3:27:14 ?

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: December 06, 2014, 05:35:50 am »

Happiness, measured in the amount of dwarves in that state. That's one of Falconne's old UI plugins that got folded into the majority version.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: December 06, 2014, 10:36:56 am »

Hmmm, works great, but I'm not having any luck figuring out what to do to enable stonesense (or twbt, though I think I know where to look to fix that) as in it doesn't even show up in the ls -a, help, or ? prompts though it has what should be all the right files in place. Is the linux version not working yet?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: December 06, 2014, 11:44:38 am »

If you're using the build from https://github.com/lethosor/dfhack/releases/tag/0.40.19-r1, Stonesense is definitely included. (I even managed to get the overlay to work for a frame.) Are there any Stonesense-related messages when DFHack starts, such as "can't load stonesense"? What distro are you using? 32- or 64-bit?
Also, TwbT is not included with DFHack. If you want to use it, you'll need to download it separately from the TwbT thread.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: December 06, 2014, 01:40:28 pm »

Can't load plugin /fee/fi/.df19/hack/plugins/stonesense.plug.so

64 bit arch

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: December 06, 2014, 01:48:05 pm »

Is there anything mentioning Stonesense in stderr.log?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: December 06, 2014, 02:03:53 pm »

Just that and the "stonesense is not a recognized command" stuff when I tried to invoke it directly through the command line.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: December 06, 2014, 02:16:25 pm »

Had the wrong twbt in btw, so that does work, still getting the same stuff for stonesense though, can't load plugin /path/to/.df19/hack/plugins/stonesense.plug.so which is weird since all the rest work fine.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: December 06, 2014, 02:36:47 pm »

Is there anything before the "Can't load plugin" line in stderr.log? What does running "grep -i stonesense stderr.log" return?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: December 06, 2014, 02:49:44 pm »

This, but I figured it wasn't related since the libpng errors usually prevent the game from loading at all, much less loading with all the bells and whistles:

libpng12.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: December 06, 2014, 03:18:48 pm »

If that doesn't occur if you move stonesense.plug.so out of the plugins folder, it is related - Allegro (and Stonesense) has a number of dependencies that aren't required by DF or DFHack. Do you have a 32-bit libpng installed?

Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 360