Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1078699 times)

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.19-r1
« Reply #1680 on: December 17, 2014, 10:26:33 pm »

That works, thanks.
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

Vndetta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: December 18, 2014, 03:58:14 pm »

I recently struck up a discussion on the Gameplay Questions forum about finding a way to pinpoint what has caused a unit to be "Horrified" at that particular moment in-game. Currently there are no announcements and the only way to figure it out is through process of elimination - I usually end up save-scumming and removing nearby corpses, stopping fights or stopping butchering when my scared merchants implode. Can DFHack access this information? How difficult would it be to implement something like "deathcause" but for fear reactions? I'm more than willing to contribute effort, though I don't know much of anything about how it works.

Also, I recently saw a screenshot somewhere of a unit list that showed Pregnant status. It looked like the DFHack window but I can't seem to find it again. Did I imagine this? Is there any way to see if a unit (creature or dwarf) is pregnant?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: December 18, 2014, 04:13:37 pm »

1. Well, it tells you what causes them to be horrified pretty explicitly, say, "watching x die".
2. Easily, if unit.relations.pregnancy_timer>0 then unit is pregnant.

end

Vndetta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: December 18, 2014, 04:40:02 pm »

1. Well, it tells you what causes them to be horrified pretty explicitly, say, "watching x die".
2. Easily, if unit.relations.pregnancy_timer>0 then unit is pregnant.

end

1. True, although my dwarves all have dozens of these thoughts at all times, and it's not quite accurate since they get the same thought from seeing something die right then as they do from walking past its corpse in the refuse stockpile three years later. Plus, you can't see the thoughts of merchants or non-dwarves.
2. Neat! How would one go about using this in-game? I saw a "relations" line in the gm-editor plugin but had no idea how to interpret it. It said something like "0x16fa3468" on a random dwarf.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: December 18, 2014, 04:45:39 pm »

1. Thus why they're overcome by horror. Getting a regular reminder of the horrors of the world by seeing festering corpses in the pile.
2. Yes, that's because it's a structure. Press enter on it.

Vndetta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: December 18, 2014, 04:51:11 pm »

2. Yes, that's because it's a structure. Press enter on it.
Woo! Dunno why I didn't think of that. That's got me wanting to figure out how to make a script for a Pregnancy GUI. It will be a nice and relevant project to learn, as I'm about to pop out an actual baby sometime this week ;) Thanks for the help!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: December 18, 2014, 04:53:20 pm »

I would make it right now (the data structures are hella simple), but then I realized that the relative simplicity of the data involved makes it a good learning experience, so I'll just let you do that.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: December 19, 2014, 05:30:28 pm »

So I'm not sure if I have asked this before. It crossed my mind awhile ago and just again now. I have been playing with the in game gui capabilities a bit and it made me realize that we could put better descriptions and information about creatures and items. Now I can do this already by having a separate button for checking this "enhanced" description, but I was wondering if it is possible to set it up so that instead of opening the standard description page when viewing a unit, it instead opens my custom page?

To be more clear, I am thinking about being able to display the descriptions properly formatted, where putting something like NEWLINE means that you will get a new line. And possibly even allowing descriptions on items through an external file.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: December 19, 2014, 06:42:55 pm »

Could it be possible to force the game to display more colors than the 16 included?

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: December 19, 2014, 07:25:44 pm »

So I'm not sure if I have asked this before. It crossed my mind awhile ago and just again now. I have been playing with the in game gui capabilities a bit and it made me realize that we could put better descriptions and information about creatures and items. Now I can do this already by having a separate button for checking this "enhanced" description, but I was wondering if it is possible to set it up so that instead of opening the standard description page when viewing a unit, it instead opens my custom page?

To be more clear, I am thinking about being able to display the descriptions properly formatted, where putting something like NEWLINE means that you will get a new line. And possibly even allowing descriptions on items through an external file.

Custom viewscreen are possible. manipulator replaces the V-P-L interface and it does it by overriding viewscreens. There might be an lua interface for GUIs but I forget how powerful it is.

Could it be possible to force the game to display more colors than the 16 included?

Based on what I know it would be far more difficult than it's worth.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: December 19, 2014, 08:11:54 pm »

The GUI lua interface is pretty damn powerful.

Also, darn. Oh well, it was just a minor idea.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: December 19, 2014, 08:25:07 pm »

Hmmm, I might have to try and work on a better system for descriptions. It would be really nice to be able to have an in-depth description that is easy to read.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1692 on: December 19, 2014, 08:39:01 pm »

It's one of the planned things that I still don't have time to do.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: December 19, 2014, 09:37:29 pm »

Do you mean something like rendermax? If you mean using arbitrary colors for interface elements (particularly DFHack-generated ones), that should be possible using a similar strategy (subclassing df::renderer). Unfortunately, there's currently no safe way to use multiple custom renderers, so it wouldn't be possible to combine this with rendermax. I'm thinking of implementing a more centralized way to add custom renderers, which could make this and additional colors easier to implement (possibly from Lua as well).
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 09:44:08 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: December 19, 2014, 11:53:15 pm »

No, not interface elements, actual materials. Have spatters be the correct STATE_COLOR and what-not. That's what I want it for, at least. It just seems a shame that those tokens aren't really actually used.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 360