Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1077414 times)

0ink3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.19-r1
« Reply #1710 on: December 22, 2014, 12:40:49 am »

Can someone tell me where the custom profiles for the dfhack stockpiles command are stored ? (for purpose of backing up etc...)

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: December 22, 2014, 01:34:30 am »

Should be <df folder>/stocksettings

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: December 22, 2014, 09:27:57 am »

Putting aside the problems I've had with the version of advfort altered by Warmist, how usuable is the default version included with dfhack?

I reinstalled dfhack and tried to make a workshop. This is what I got:

However a whole list of buildings was output to the dfhack console.

[EDIT] One thing that might be relevant is that my computer thinks I'm Japanese. That is the Windows Locale is set to Japanese. Normally that would make little to no difference to the functioning of software, but it does mean that the default 8-bit plain text character encoding differs slightly.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 09:58:01 am by ptb_ptb »
()==[:::::::::::::>

0ink3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: December 22, 2014, 04:09:09 pm »

Should be <df folder>/stocksettings

Thanks heaps !

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: December 22, 2014, 06:59:43 pm »

ptb: none of those buildings listed are workshops

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: December 22, 2014, 07:03:18 pm »

ptb: none of those buildings listed are workshops
Er, yes, yes some of them are. Everything from Carpenters down are. In any case that doesn't really change the point of my questions. Namely, 'Advfort - does it work? And can I build workshops with it?'

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: December 23, 2014, 04:06:02 am »

Putting aside the problems I've had with the version of advfort altered by Warmist, how usuable is the default version included with dfhack?
Not usable at all. Included in dfhack version has two major bugs: does not list any workshops (due to me commiting a version with experimenting on list filtration for deon) and not having new "action" mechanic that is used in new df (due to me not knowing enough about it to implement).

Er, yes, yes some of them are. Everything from Carpenters down are. In any case that doesn't really change the point of my questions. Namely, 'Advfort - does it work? And can I build workshops with it?'
Oh and yes old version prints out all possible buildings (again for filter development). It's really strange how it does not work for you. I'll have to look into it more closely. Maybe something todo with locale, but it's really unlikely...

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: December 23, 2014, 05:11:37 am »

It's really strange how it does not work for you. I'll have to look into it more closely. Maybe something todo with locale, but it's really unlikely...

It would be great if you could look into it. If it helps I succeeded in building a tannery.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: December 23, 2014, 07:07:39 am »

Is it possible to get the exact material of a tile from a lua script?
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

DonPerotti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: December 23, 2014, 09:12:10 pm »

is it posible to install this version on 0.40.22? i mean that was posible with Dwarf therapist but i dont know if they work same way
This is a C++ program, all craftsmanship is of the shoddiest quality, it menaces with poor code and lack of documentation: Dwarf Fortress Heightmap Translator: https://github.com/CrainFartor/Dwarf-Fortress-Heightmap-Translator

(it takes a .bmp and outputs a .txt with a preset for one of the values of world gen)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: December 23, 2014, 09:46:08 pm »

No. Using symbols.xml from here might make DFHack recognize the DF version, but most useful offsets will be missing unless you're using OS X. (You could try copying the 0.40.20 offsets into the 0.40.22 section for your platform, although I have no idea if this is safe on other platforms.)
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: December 24, 2014, 12:34:40 am »

Anyone? I asked before elsewhere and was ignored there too (a long time ago), could I at least get a yes or no?
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: December 24, 2014, 01:35:11 am »

Anyone? I asked before elsewhere and was ignored there too (a long time ago), could I at least get a yes or no?

I'm not sure if it is possible to get exact material (it should be, but I'm not aware how to do it). I do have a script that changes a tile to a specific inorganic (but it has some issues recognizing ramps and open grass and etc...)

The relevant code is
Code: [Select]
function findMineralEv(block,inorganic) -- Taken from Warmist's constructor.lua
 for k,v in pairs(block.block_events) do
  if df.block_square_event_mineralst:is_instance(v) and v.inorganic_mat==inorganic then
   return v
  end
 end
end
function set_vein(x,y,z,mat) -- Taken from Warmist's constructor.lua
    local b=dfhack.maps.ensureTileBlock(x,y,z)
    local ev=findMineralEv(b,mat.index)
    if ev==nil then
        ev=df.block_square_event_mineralst:new()
        ev.inorganic_mat=mat.index
        ev.flags.vein=true
        b.block_events:insert("#",ev)
    end
    dfhack.maps.setTileAssignment(ev.tile_bitmask,math.fmod(x,16),math.fmod(y,16),true)
end
function changeType(x,y,z,material,dur)
 local mat
 if material ~= 'clear' then
  mat = dfhack.matinfo.find(material)
  set_vein(x,y,z,mat)
 else
  clear_vein(x,y,z)
 end
end
You'll notice that the heart of it comes from Warmist, so he would probably be a better person to ask than me.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: December 24, 2014, 02:33:28 am »

That most had stuff I knew about (the way veins are stored) but it was interesting to see how it works in practice, that may be helpful.
I have this feeling that the only way to get a tile material will be very complicated and hard to do (else there would be a function to do that already).

DonPerotti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: December 24, 2014, 02:48:10 am »

No. Using symbols.xml from here might make DFHack recognize the DF version, but most useful offsets will be missing unless you're using OS X. (You could try copying the 0.40.20 offsets into the 0.40.22 section for your platform, although I have no idea if this is safe on other platforms.)

Thanks anyway, i guess i will just wait until it is finally released for last version even though toady keeps updating the game like once a day (wich is kind of awesome since last time i played this for a long time i made like 20 fortresses in 0.34)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 02:49:45 am by DonPerotti »
This is a C++ program, all craftsmanship is of the shoddiest quality, it menaces with poor code and lack of documentation: Dwarf Fortress Heightmap Translator: https://github.com/CrainFartor/Dwarf-Fortress-Heightmap-Translator

(it takes a .bmp and outputs a .txt with a preset for one of the values of world gen)
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 360