Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1077316 times)

Eko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r5
« Reply #225 on: July 22, 2014, 06:39:01 pm »

Registered here to ask if there was any information available about how I can help get those obscure structures found.  I have a small amount of experience dealing with structures and memory, pointers and such.  Enough that I think I know what to look for. 

Is there perhaps a quick guide, or a helpful person who could throw a quick pointer my way to get started?

I've found that without all the scripts, DF seems more convoluted than normal.  I need my dfhack back.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 23, 2014, 12:43:43 am »

Registered here to ask if there was any information available about how I can help get those obscure structures found.  I have a small amount of experience dealing with structures and memory, pointers and such.  Enough that I think I know what to look for. 

Is there perhaps a quick guide, or a helpful person who could throw a quick pointer my way to get started?

I've found that without all the scripts, DF seems more convoluted than normal.  I need my dfhack back.
Afaik almost everything is done now. We (and i mean they) are working on bringing plugins (and maybe scripts) up to date now.
If you are really interested in helping try visiting irc channel (but be patient - timezones). The idea is that there is a tool in linux that lets easily check structures by "how they look" and a malloc patch to figure out sizes. And in windows there is disassembly. Offsets and structures are held in: https://github.com/DFHack/df-structures

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #227 on: July 23, 2014, 04:00:04 am »

If you guys have a file that tracks which plugins are up-to-date, I could update the script to reflect that.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 23, 2014, 07:47:14 pm »

If you look at plugins/CMakeLists.txt in DFHack:develop and count how many lines are commented out that should tell you how many plugins need updating.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 23, 2014, 08:42:01 pm »

If you look at plugins/CMakeLists.txt in DFHack:develop and count how many lines are commented out that should tell you how many plugins need updating.
It's in quietust:develop at the moment. edit: reword
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 10:58:32 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 23, 2014, 09:29:51 pm »

For now. As people fix things, they'll get merged into DFHack:develop.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 23, 2014, 10:42:44 pm »

Last time I checked, DFHack:develop doesn't have much.

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 24, 2014, 01:28:36 am »

Hello everyone.

I decided that Adventure Mode inventory screen could be improved a lot, so I started writing a DFHack plugin.
I started by reimplementing the default screen to expand to whole window, but later I got a lot of new ideas.
After 5 days of working on it I have pretty much finished the display part.

Here is what I got so far:
Screenshots on Imgur

- first screenshot shows DF default inventory screen for comparison.
- second one shows my AdvInventory plugin with items in default order
- Third one shows the plugin with items in sorted order.

If anyone is wondering, the "EIW" flags will show whether the item can be eaten, interacted or worn.
(all screens are from DF 0.34.11 because I am waiting for new DFHack before I move development to DF 0.40)

Hope you like it :)

As I said the display part is practically finished but there is almost no interaction with it yet. Only Sorting, Tab and ESC keys work at the moment, not even scrolling the list does. So there is still much work to do.
And there is even more work to do to support all the actions, because my plan is to eventually allow all actions like Eat, Put, Remove, Throw etc. to be available from this one screen.
I plan to release a version with basic functionality once the new DFHack ready, and then continue work on more advanced fuctions.

Rafal99 / Carabus
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 01:51:17 am by Rafal99 »
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

Felgard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 24, 2014, 06:07:56 am »

woho with that link and some shoehorning,ctrl-c,ctrl-v and one sledgehammer i got dfhack to work with 40.04

And no i wont uppload since my version is probably very unstable but if you whant it and know how it works get quietust dfhack and then the do the usually inti, update and so on but don't build instead pull the df-structures from https://github.com/DFHack/df-structures/ and replace the contents in library/xml with it

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 24, 2014, 09:03:42 am »

Hello everyone.

I decided that Adventure Mode inventory screen could be improved a lot, so I started writing a DFHack plugin.
I started by reimplementing the default screen to expand to whole window, but later I got a lot of new ideas.
After 5 days of working on it I have pretty much finished the display part.

Here is what I got so far:
Screenshots on Imgur

- first screenshot shows DF default inventory screen for comparison.
- second one shows my AdvInventory plugin with items in default order
- Third one shows the plugin with items in sorted order.

If anyone is wondering, the "EIW" flags will show whether the item can be eaten, interacted or worn.
(all screens are from DF 0.34.11 because I am waiting for new DFHack before I move development to DF 0.40)

Hope you like it :)

As I said the display part is practically finished but there is almost no interaction with it yet. Only Sorting, Tab and ESC keys work at the moment, not even scrolling the list does. So there is still much work to do.
And there is even more work to do to support all the actions, because my plan is to eventually allow all actions like Eat, Put, Remove, Throw etc. to be available from this one screen.
I plan to release a version with basic functionality once the new DFHack ready, and then continue work on more advanced fuctions.

Rafal99 / Carabus
I... It's beautiful. Even if DFHack doesn't put it in (I hope they will), if you have your own threads, I'd like a link so I can subscribe.
I've always felt for years that adventure mode could use a UI overhaul.

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 24, 2014, 09:16:55 am »

I... It's beautiful. Even if DFHack doesn't put it in (I hope they will), if you have your own threads, I'd like a link so I can subscribe.
I've always felt for years that adventure mode could use a UI overhaul.
Thank you :)
I will make a release thread once I get all the basic functionality in. I will be sure to notify you when it happens.
As for including in DFHack thats the plan eventually but I will want the plugin to be mostly feature-complete and playtested properly first.
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 24, 2014, 09:48:39 am »

woho with that link and some shoehorning,ctrl-c,ctrl-v and one sledgehammer i got dfhack to work with 40.04

And no i wont uppload since my version is probably very unstable but if you whant it and know how it works get quietust dfhack and then the do the usually inti, update and so on but don't build instead pull the df-structures from https://github.com/DFHack/df-structures/ and replace the contents in library/xml with it
A much simpler way (instead of creating a separate clone of df-structures) is to change to library/xml and run "git checkout master".
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 24, 2014, 10:01:06 am »

Is the plan to have the whole DFhack plugin list migrated to 0.40 at once before you release it?
Or can we get a barebones version with fastdwarf, reveal, autodump, etc before then?

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

dree12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 24, 2014, 11:41:15 am »

Is the plan to have the whole DFhack plugin list migrated to 0.40 at once before you release it?
Or can we get a barebones version with fastdwarf, reveal, autodump, etc before then?

I think it would be a good idea to release shortly after 0.40.05 if possible, since that release incorporates most binary patches. Then, the binary patches can be omitted from DFHack so as not to create unnecessary confusion.

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 25, 2014, 01:17:05 pm »

[Signature]
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 360