Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1073306 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.24-r2
« Reply #2250 on: March 05, 2015, 02:32:40 am »

With all three of these things I have managed to add persistent wounds (although in about 10% of my trials the damage was undone and the wound removed, but that may have been because the wound healed, or there is another check somewhere that I am unaware of for certain wounds).
Silly question, but did you check the has_breaks under flags2?

I ask because I've done basically the reverse of what you're talking about and until I flip the non-body flags I either keep flashing the wounded tile indicator, can't hold things, or can't stand up (even if you lose a limb and revert the wound totally, until you put stance/grasp count back to 2 you don't get the use returned), oh and the vision/breathing flags, but I forget if those are flags2 or flags3.

So it seems adding wounds to units is at least possible, now the issue is getting correct values for everything. I could definitely use some help in that department. What would be awesome is if anytime you are playing and one of your units gets a cool wound you could post all the values. Or if you have a fort that has lived through a bunch of different sieges and monster attacks I can go through the units (both alive and dead) and get a set of wounds, ranging from stubbed toes to torn in half. My hope is to build a, sort of, wound database, that I can use in modding and scripts to simulate an adventuring system inside of fortress mode.

I'll grab screenshots next time I get a cool wound worth keeping and try to preserve the values for ya, I did that with facial hair recently since my old urist mclegendary save was before I knew you could add beards to dorfgirls so world-gen dorfgirls lack them. I found out mclegendary got married shortly before I actually grabbed him for adventuring and decided to include his wife in the adventure but she lacked a beard. A rather kludgey way to do it is to simply scramble the style/lengths by changing the race in gm-editor, when you unpause (fort mode) or move/step time forward (adventure mode) you revert to your original race with your hair styles within normal ranges for your civ.

I was trying to figure out more about how to tweak the parts specifically and did some comparing with the males around her, ended up putting together a little cheatsheet with the values:
Code: [Select]
very short neatly combed sideburns
very long double braided moustache
very long neatly combed beard
long double braided hair

tissue_style    tissue_style_id         tissue_style_type       tissue_length
1               2                       39                      150
1               2                       39                      150
2               0                       37                      156
2               1                       38                      246
-1              -1                      -1                      -300000
2               3                       36                      137
2               3                       36                      137

Tissue style and style type don't change for dorfs from the same civ, looks like the first two values are sideburns, third is moustache, fourth is beard, five and six are always -1/-30000 (though these are 1 and 2 for beardless dorf girls, while the last four are missing entirely, body hair maybe?), then seven and eight are hair, with the tissue style and length parts under their respective headings.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 02:43:19 am by Max™ »

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: March 05, 2015, 01:25:07 pm »

With all three of these things I have managed to add persistent wounds (although in about 10% of my trials the damage was undone and the wound removed, but that may have been because the wound healed, or there is another check somewhere that I am unaware of for certain wounds).

I ask because I've done basically the reverse of what you're talking about and until I flip the non-body flags I either keep flashing the wounded tile indicator, can't hold things, or can't stand up (even if you lose a limb and revert the wound totally, until you put stance/grasp count back to 2 you don't get the use returned), oh and the vision/breathing flags, but I forget if those are flags2 or flags3.

Yes, there are a couple other flags and other things that need to be changed for more serious wounds. Interestingly enough the logic for the stance/grasp tags are kind of weird.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: March 06, 2015, 03:56:28 am »

stuff
Stonesense reads and supports all of the hair styles, and displays them. I've forgotten how we did it, but a read through the source should prove helpful.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: March 06, 2015, 12:38:04 pm »

Yes, there are a couple other flags and other things that need to be changed for more serious wounds. Interestingly enough the logic for the stance/grasp tags are kind of weird.
Oh lord yeah they are, the order you flip mos twounds doesn't matter much, but doing stance/grasp before wounds reverts every time.

stuff
Stonesense reads and supports all of the hair styles, and displays them. I've forgotten how we did it, but a read through the source should prove helpful.
Wait, I wasn't here at the time, you also helped make stonesense?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: March 06, 2015, 12:39:26 pm »

Wait, I wasn't here at the time, you also helped make stonesense?
Japa is... impressive.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: March 06, 2015, 12:42:14 pm »

[SPEAKER:TRANS_NAME] is dumbfounded for a second. A legend, here? I have been a poster for part of a year of my life, Japa, will you lead me to glory and a warrior's death?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: March 06, 2015, 11:37:52 pm »

Nah, I used to be an adventurer like you, until I took an arrow to the knee.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: March 07, 2015, 12:11:07 pm »

I now want to stab you. When's the next flight to India Whiterun?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: March 07, 2015, 01:07:08 pm »

so.... you got married? Good on ya.
though back to DFhack news. I have no idea how buildings pop up on site, though I can sure as hell manipulate the current site buildings.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: March 07, 2015, 01:46:38 pm »

I just discovered two thing that may be DFHack bugs.

1) item-trigger constantly spams the console with errors (something about a nil value), at least it doesn't crash anymore.
2) Adding a reaction to a hardcoded building with eventful adds the reaction all right, it's just impossible to do it (it always shows red).

EDIT: Oh, and I had a statue with an image of "`./stocksettings' of Ace" on it in one of my forts, sometimes the persistence API is awesome!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 05:15:05 pm by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: March 07, 2015, 09:46:35 pm »

so.... you got married? Good on ya.
though back to DFhack news. I have no idea how buildings pop up on site, though I can sure as hell manipulate the current site buildings.
Considering the way things reload layout/connections when you zone in/out of say, a dorf fort, perhaps you could find something useful at the boundary of the changing portion?

The area under the above-ground fortress seems to scramble the layout when it unloads from memory, while the portions which extend beyond it underground remain as they are, hence the occasional "spawned in a fortress with no exit" or the reverse "found abandonded fort with supposed beast and no access to it" bugs.

How do you access the building properties to edit them?

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: March 07, 2015, 11:32:27 pm »

1) item-trigger constantly spams the console with errors (something about a nil value), at least it doesn't crash anymore.

What exactly does it say and what inputs did you give it?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: March 09, 2015, 12:50:37 pm »

After seeing about the 700th person make this mistake (with myself earlier on that list), would it be possible for someone with better coding skills than mine to make a quick error-checker for raws?  Just scan the files on launch and when a world is generated to make sure each raw has a file name, internal name, and OBJECT: tag that match.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: March 09, 2015, 02:30:20 pm »

After seeing about the 700th person make this mistake (with myself earlier on that list), would it be possible for someone with better coding skills than mine to make a quick error-checker for raws?  Just scan the files on launch and when a world is generated to make sure each raw has a file name, internal name, and OBJECT: tag that match.
Should be simple enough. What exactly should the OBJECT: check involve? Most vanilla files appear to be named according to the objects they contain (e.g. inorganic_other.txt contains [OBJECT:INORGANIC]), but I'm not sure if this holds true for mods.
Edit: Here is something. It doesn't work in the arena yet, unfortunately.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 03:41:51 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: March 09, 2015, 03:56:44 pm »

Should be simple enough. What exactly should the OBJECT: check involve? Most vanilla files appear to be named according to the objects they contain (e.g. inorganic_other.txt contains [OBJECT:INORGANIC]), but I'm not sure if this holds true for mods.
Edit: Here is something. It doesn't work in the arena yet, unfortunately.
Thanks.  Off the top of my head, I'm pretty sure that the matching should be:

Filename: x_y.txt
Internal name: x_y
[OBJECT:X]

The idea is just to put a warning in the console if a modder forgets to put some or all of the heading in a raw file, so it'd need to be a lightweight thing that could be more or less always-on.

Edit: X is usually but not always just the uppercase of x.  You seem to have nailed the exceptions in your script... good job!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 03:58:30 pm by Dirst »
Just got back, updating:
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 360