Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1079441 times)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.24-r3
« Reply #2400 on: April 03, 2015, 12:31:59 pm »

(by Lua hooks I meant reaction hooks, sorry for the confusion)

I agree that putting it after call_native wouldn't make much sense, but it would have preserved compatibility.

My big problem is the lack of mention in the change log and the documentation that wasn't updated. Change logs are holy items that MUST be up to date at all times, else you risk irate users who suddenly have mods stop working for no apparent reason.

Edit: Typos are the bane of civilization.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 12:33:30 pm by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: April 03, 2015, 02:15:35 pm »

You're right. I'm sorry. I should have documented it better. At least it has better functionality now. modtools/reaction-product-trigger should be able to replace all existing Lua hooks.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: April 03, 2015, 03:09:43 pm »

Now I feel bad, want a hug expwnent?

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: April 04, 2015, 12:43:03 pm »

Aw, shucks.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: April 05, 2015, 12:51:44 am »

How would I use gm-editor to transport my adventurer from the fast travel screen? I have a broken save I'm trying to recover to playability, but I'm stuck in fast travel so I can't directly select my character, and I can't leave fast travel without crashing. I can't guess the lua command required to target my character, but it's probably obvious to anyone who doesn't need documentation. Could someone please inform me?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: April 05, 2015, 12:54:49 am »

I have no freaking idea.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: April 05, 2015, 01:05:41 am »

Yeah I'm stumped there too, I was trying to figure out what the "fast-travel status" was myself a while back, I'm sure there's a string you can give it that will open up a particular unit in the editor, but I'm not sure how you would actually pull it out of travel mode...

Can you move in travel mode at all? If you could get to a site you can retire at it should unretire you out of travel mode right, or is that part of the problem?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: April 05, 2015, 01:14:52 am »

You're not a unit in the map screen, you're an army.

And I've only been able to find the player army when on the city travel screen.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: April 05, 2015, 01:26:36 am »

Can you move in travel mode at all?
I've tried everything; the answer is no. This question wouldn't be here if I could. The character's coordinates should be accessible somewhere, shouldn't it? I can browse armies, but none of the coords there match the format I expected.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: April 05, 2015, 02:18:18 am »

Hmmm, I was poking around at different stuff from the API, which string did you use to pull up armies btw?

Oh, and I felt it important to ask if you can move at all because I've had saves where I was able to move a bit but when I tried to leave travel mode it would crash, but I never tried to see if I could retire to recover them as it hadn't came to me at the time.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: April 05, 2015, 07:45:10 am »

"df.global.world.armies" and "df.global.world.army_ controllers". But I don't see anything that identifies them. None of these number lengths max unit id's.

Yeah, I can't even move a single tile. I tried all directions and sneak mode. I think it's because I'm over a corrupted unit and it may be trying to ambush me to bring in me into the local area. That's why I think if I could just change my world position to another tile and reload, I could come out of fast travel and try another approach.

EDIT: Historical figure #176278, is actually in the list at #176281. unitid (#148006) is also saved here, but not much else that the unit data would be constructed from. Current soul has a different unitid (#147918). squad id 487, no indication of army id there.

What is the heirarchy for referencing a historical figure?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 09:00:17 am by Uzu Bash »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: April 05, 2015, 03:35:33 pm »

oh hey I have a script for finding such adventurer army...

Code: [Select]
for k,v in pairs(df.global.world.armies.all) do
if v.unk_48[0]== true  then
print(k)
end
end

this will print out a code that looks up the army in the global world armies list.
all you need to do next is to say use the search function in gm-editor to locate the army.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: April 05, 2015, 04:17:25 pm »

Thanks, that worked at least output something! I was trying to use gm-editor's built-in function command, but couldn't get the syntax. At least I recognize my char's nemesis id at the top of army 1c, but the rest of these numbers are completely unfamiliar. How do I interpret these pos? They're not region or world coords.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2413 on: April 05, 2015, 05:30:34 pm »

has the makeown script been updated yet?
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: April 05, 2015, 05:42:21 pm »

Does it work?
Also, it's a tweak (i.e. part of the tweak plugin), not a script - you'll want to use "tweak makeown".
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 360