Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1079134 times)

YAHG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r5
« Reply #285 on: August 06, 2014, 09:15:53 am »

Is there a program out there that will let me see what layer a cavern starts? Similar to reveal.

Dwaven radar works decently, but it wont find the top of the cavern.

ajshell1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 06, 2014, 11:05:26 am »

I can't wait for DF Hack to get updated. I'd like my prospector tool. XD
Me too. That and digv. I didn't realize how much I depended on those two commands until now.
Also, I would like to thank expwnent (and anybody else working on this project) for updating this mod. You have my sincere gratitude now, and you will have even more when the process of updating is done.
Schist happens.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 06, 2014, 11:51:56 am »

Several questions

1. Is there a variable that keeps track of when a fort was started?
2. We used to able to force invasions, is that going to be possible in the new version?
3. If so, was it only invasions of races that exist on the map?
4. If I use spawnunit to mimick an invasion will the game hate me for creating 20+ units at once?
5. Is there an eventful command to run at every week or season start? (I know I can use the callback function to set configurable time delays and such, but just wondering if there is another method)
6. There were some other questions I thought about, but they now seem to have escaped my mind. Will edit this post if I think of them.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #288 on: August 06, 2014, 11:59:32 am »

3. If so, was it only invasions of races that exist on the map?
4. If I use spawnunit to mimick an invasion will the game hate me for creating 20+ units at once?
3. Yes, the civ had to exist.
4. No, I spammed units quite heavily while testing, and sometimes I embarked with 7 warlocks spawning 4 minions each, which was no problem at all.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 06, 2014, 12:00:42 pm »

Excellent, see my scripts thread for my idea and why I am asking all the questions :)

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 06, 2014, 10:43:21 pm »

Question about custom announcments;

What are the types and flags for
Code: [Select]
dfhack.gui.makeAnnouncement(type,flags,pos,text,color[,is_bright]And what is the "slot"
dfhack.gui.addCombatReport(unit,slot,report_index)

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 07, 2014, 08:07:24 am »

Generic dfhack question: how do I assume direct control of one of my dwarves in fort mode, and start adventuring as him/her?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 07, 2014, 08:35:00 am »

It's not guaranteed to work perfectly, but this should work (in a fortress):
mode set <return>
2 <return>
Then assume control of a creature and run:
mode set <return>
1 <return>
I'm not sure if doing this will corrupt your save or not if you attempt to save, so be sure to make a backup of your region folder.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #293 on: August 07, 2014, 10:52:59 am »

Is there a spawnunit equivalent or version for r5? I couldnt find one anywhere. I did write warmist a while ago, who directed me here: https://gist.github.com/warmist/8563110 but it does not run with r5.

::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 07, 2014, 04:04:23 pm »

Warmist is working on it for the next release but may or may not finish in time. As far as I know there isn't one for r5.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 07, 2014, 07:08:04 pm »

There has been a very long delay since 0.40.01 was released, and most of that's my fault at this point. I probably could have gotten a release done sooner if I had been more on top of things. To everyone waiting, I am sorry.

I'm going away for a long weekend, but when I get back I intend to do a release of whatever we have at the time for the most recent version we can at the time. Nothing is 100% with real life stuff of course, but probably Tuesday, very probably on or before Wednesday.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #296 on: August 07, 2014, 07:10:58 pm »

Take as much time as you need. :)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 07, 2014, 08:10:24 pm »

in other news I'm working on ghosts and what you can do with them knowing that now they are hellishly bugged.
hopefully assigning them jobs or pointing them to migrants/invaders/who ever would be in the works.
who wants a ghost army?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 07, 2014, 08:12:45 pm »

Thank you for keeping up on this utterly amazing utility program.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 07, 2014, 08:23:34 pm »

Enjoy your weekend. We know it's a lot of work trying to keep up with the frequent releases, and we appreciate that you're doing it. Whatever you're able to release next week will be wonderful. Thanks!

Keith
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 360