Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1073325 times)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.24-r3
« Reply #2955 on: July 31, 2015, 08:59:12 am »

Are there any plans for a new DFHack release soon?  It's already the longest changelog in years, and there's a lot of stuff in there I'd like to be the default before Meph reboots Masterwork in a month or so.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: July 31, 2015, 09:44:14 am »

There's a rough list here of things I'd like to see finished, and expwnent wants to finish his create-unit script. I'm not aware of any changes that would affect MDF, though, so Meph ought to be able to update MDF's version of DFHack without too much trouble if it's necessary. I'm a bit hesitant to base DFHack releases around the development cycle of one mod.

Also, changelog length isn't a great metric because we only recently started listing all changes and bugfixes (well, "recent" being at some point in the 0.40 series, so 0.40.24-r3/r4 are probably the largest releases since then).
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 09:47:28 am by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: July 31, 2015, 10:16:38 am »

There's a rough list here of things I'd like to see finished, and expwnent wants to finish his create-unit script. I'm not aware of any changes that would affect MDF, though, so Meph ought to be able to update MDF's version of DFHack without too much trouble if it's necessary. I'm a bit hesitant to base DFHack releases around the development cycle of one mod.

Also, changelog length isn't a great metric because we only recently started listing all changes and bugfixes (well, "recent" being at some point in the 0.40 series, so 0.40.24-r3/r4 are probably the largest releases since then).

Fair enough.  I only mentioned MW because I've dealt with more version-based issues than I want to before, even if it's just working out what the interface on something should look like.  For my own sake, there's some stuff I won't have to maintain or document anymore (currently manually pulled from the develop branch).  The other metrics I checked were the master - develop diff, which seems pretty significant, and closed issues and pulls.

I do think a release soon would be good though, and there can always be another when the next round of work is done...
 Donations here.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #2958 on: August 01, 2015, 12:36:02 pm »

Hey guys, I don't suppose anyone's made a 'fog of war' mod for fortress mode?

Coming here from the archaeology thread, (again), figured FoW would make fortress-mode expeditions more immersive, (and all-around better than adv-mode expeditions).

btw thanks letho & scam.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: August 03, 2015, 07:03:25 am »

Did you know it's possible to do

Code: [Select]
w=dfhack.gui.getCurViewscreen() ; w.child=df.viewscreen_legendsst:new() ; dfhack.gui.getCurViewscreen().parent=w

and get a fully functional Legends screen? There was couple question about how to get more info about outer world recently. The only thing you can't use ESC to close the screen, instead, use

dfhack.gui.getCurViewscreen().breakdown_level=2

Someone needs to make a convenient script, if there's no already.

Can somebody do this?  I can even use exportlegends.lua as usual!  It's amazing  :D
 Donations here.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: August 04, 2015, 05:27:55 pm »

Question about lua programming.

So I know you can create functions like normal where you have a fixed number of variables and variable positions
function func(arg1,arg2,arg3)
 blah
end

func(X,Y,Z)

And you can create functions that use keyword like arguments
function func(options)
 name = options.name or 'this is a name'
 blah = options.blah or 'this is blah'
end

func{name='foo',blah='bar'}

But can you create functions that combine these two? For instance, could I do
function func(arg1,arg2,arg3,options)
 blah
 name = options.name
end

func(X,Y,Z,{name = 'name'})

Basically I am wondering if you can simulate functions with keyword arguments like in Python (and other programming languages)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: August 04, 2015, 05:58:57 pm »

Lua's keyword-like function parameters are not given any special privileges like in, say, Python. They are nothing more than tables. The function{foo=bar} syntax is just syntactic sugar for function({foo=bar}).

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: August 04, 2015, 07:02:50 pm »

That last example you gave is valid, by the way.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: August 09, 2015, 04:07:37 pm »

I asked in the general modding thread and got no reply, so I'm guessing this is a DFHack thing or impossible.  Can a creature (or creature class) be made especially vulnerable to a specific weapon?  In this case I'm working on a stone megabeast, and for flavor reasons I'd like them to take extra damage from picks.

If it works out nicely I might back-port it into The Earth Strikes Back as well.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: August 09, 2015, 04:17:55 pm »

no

it should be possible to do it with DFHack... but it would probably be using the onAction event so that the velocity can be increased on that particular enemy

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: August 09, 2015, 07:25:39 pm »

I figured it would be something like that.  Might do it anyway if there's a simple way to reference the creature class of the target, plus either filter events on the weapon type or reference that during the attack.  Shouldn't be too bad a hit on FPS.

For a completely unrelated feature, is there a way to wink an item out of existence?  My vision for the megabeast is to "animate" nearby boulders, which really means destroying the boulder and spawning a creature in the same tile.  The creature then has a corpse item of that kind of boulder to keep everything logical.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: August 14, 2015, 08:20:13 am »

Just thought I'd point out the significance of a few minor unlabelled things I noticed whilst using gm-editor:

unit.flags3
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

df.global.ui_advmode

unit.inventory[y]

df.world.nemesis.all[y].figure.info.relationships.anon_1[z]
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: August 14, 2015, 08:27:22 am »

Thanks! That sort of thing is good to mention here as well, but I'll get those added.

Severedicks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: August 14, 2015, 09:37:34 am »

Getting an error at compile time on remotefortressreader.cpp:
despite having updated RemoteFortressReader.proto, did I miss anything?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: August 14, 2015, 09:43:42 am »

library/xml on the develop branch isn't pointing to the latest df-structures commit with those enum names added.

Edit: it's up-to-date now.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 09:48:14 am by lethosor »

Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 360