Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1077163 times)

breadman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.24-r5
« Reply #3735 on: February 10, 2016, 01:15:36 pm »

So autocut definitely needs to notice that rough gems are forbidden or marked for dumping before creating tasks to cut them, and it also needs to be able to notice that some other task, such as a mood, has taken the gem.
Sorry about that; I now have a potential fix that I'll submit after testing.  Meanwhile, as has been noted, you can link one stockpile to the workshop(s), while keeping a few gems in an unlinked stockpile for moods.

Enabling the plugin should not also enable the workshop order IMO, as automatically cutting rough gems is a big change from vanilla behavior with potentially serious downsides for moody dwarves.  (I've had a few comments on this in the Starter Pack thread too)
It makes sense when the only people enabling it are those who intend to do so.  Apparently, that's not the case, so I can also leave it disabled by default.  It can be enabled on a per-world basis easily enough.

(And to think, there was a concern at one point that gems wouldn't be getting auto-cut quickly enough...)

So am I right in assuming that in regards to gem cutting:

1. The new Autogem starts enabled with the Starter Pack install of DFHack?
2. I can stop using a workflow setup where I start with cutting any old gem and then while setting up a Workflow changing it from the specific gem I selected to using "gem of any type"?

or

3. Autogems cut all gems, yes? So perhaps I should keep on with my current method as at least I can link up a stock pile and more easily prevent gems I do not want cut from being cut?
I can't speak to #1, but yes, autogems should render such a workflow hack obsolete.  Autogems does respect stockpile links, so it only cuts all gems if you have an unlinked workshop.

What are the current settings for autogem and how are they changes?  My mod uses rough gems as reagents, so I'll need to include instructions on turning this off entirely and/or how to systematically exclude several types of rough gems from automatic cutting.
Currently, it can be enabled or disabled on two levels:
First, the enable and disable commands on the DFHack command line or in a configuration file;
Second, the o-W "Current Workshop Orders" screen.
In addition, stockpile links can be used to limit a workshop to cutting only certain types of gem.
I'm open to ideas for other configuration options, as long as they're easy to use.
Quote from: Kevin Wayne, in r.g.r.n
Is a "diety" the being pictured by one of those extremely skinny aboriginal statues?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3736 on: February 10, 2016, 01:41:29 pm »

What are the current settings for autogem and how are they changes?  My mod uses rough gems as reagents, so I'll need to include instructions on turning this off entirely and/or how to systematically exclude several types of rough gems from automatic cutting.
Currently, it can be enabled or disabled on two levels:
First, the enable and disable commands on the DFHack command line or in a configuration file;
Second, the o-W "Current Workshop Orders" screen.
In addition, stockpile links can be used to limit a workshop to cutting only certain types of gem.
I'm open to ideas for other configuration options, as long as they're easy to use.
Thank you, this is helpful.  Wishlist items would be
1. command-line parameters to -exclude specific gem materials (either by token or by material ID number, I'll make it work either way).
2. Workflow-like reserves, ideally on a per-gem basis.

A modder could be put these into the onLoad.init script to keep things tidy.  My intuition is that the former would easier to code (just skip over the job-spawning if the material is on the exclude table).

autogem -exclude [ "HIDDEN AMBER OPAL" "HIDDEN AMETHYST" "HIDDEN AQUAMARINE" ]
autogem -reserve [ [ DIAMOND_FY 5 ] [ EMERALD 10 ] ]
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3737 on: February 11, 2016, 09:45:02 am »

In other news, I found a bug in modtools/create-unit.lua for DFHack 0.42.05-r1

I can only spawn wild animals if I change line 440 from

elseif args.civId and tonumber(args.civId) then

to

elseif args.civId and tonumber(args.civId) and tonumber(args.civId) ~= -1 then

This skips over nemesis creation for creatures in civ -1 and runs without errors, but I'm not sure if all of the loose ends are properly tied up.  I can get one of the animals named then save and reload, but not sure how else to test for save consistency.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3738 on: February 11, 2016, 06:32:06 pm »

As an update, it appears that spawned critters become insubstantial after a save and reload.  This particular one has earned a name and is thus a historical figure.  After reloading, there are dozens of pages of dwarves' attacks passing through the creature and the creature's attacks deflecting off of clothing.  Prior to saving, the creature had the beginnings of an impressive kill list.
Just got back, updating:

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3739 on: February 11, 2016, 09:45:06 pm »

As an update, it appears that spawned critters become insubstantial after a save and reload.  This particular one has earned a name and is thus a historical figure.  After reloading, there are dozens of pages of dwarves' attacks passing through the creature and the creature's attacks deflecting off of clothing.  Prior to saving, the creature had the beginnings of an impressive kill list.

What a bug though.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #3740 on: February 12, 2016, 05:03:37 pm »

Sooo... ETA on 42.06?
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

funkydwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3741 on: February 12, 2016, 05:22:41 pm »

It was inevitable...

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3742 on: February 13, 2016, 01:47:13 pm »

No guarantees. We're working on it.

(By "we" I mean Quietust.)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3743 on: February 13, 2016, 01:57:45 pm »

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the color scheme (the data loaded from "data/init/colors.txt" on the fly? If so I want to make a script that allows mods to use custom color schemes without needing to install them separately (why? Take a look at this.)
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3744 on: February 13, 2016, 02:10:26 pm »

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the color scheme (the data loaded from "data/init/colors.txt" on the fly? If so I want to make a script that allows mods to use custom color schemes without needing to install them separately (why? Take a look at this.)
Yes.
See df.global.enabler.ccolor.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3745 on: February 13, 2016, 02:13:52 pm »

Awesome!

Coming soon: Advanced color palette script for total conversion mod authors!
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3746 on: February 13, 2016, 04:04:30 pm »

gui/settings-manager allows editing colors in-game, by the way.
(Edit: autocorrect)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 05:20:29 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3747 on: February 13, 2016, 04:11:10 pm »

I see that in the docs, but nowhere else...

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3748 on: February 14, 2016, 05:21:31 pm »

You mean it's not included in DFHack? It should be bound to alt-s on the title screen, I think, but it's hard for me to check at the moment.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3749 on: February 14, 2016, 05:28:05 pm »

I mean I can't find it on the repo.
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 360