Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1090263 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.24-r5
« Reply #3915 on: March 06, 2016, 04:37:44 am »

sorry for referring to 0.40.26 still but tele-dwarves kinda cause babies to be abandoned, random babies lying around most of the time.  either they don't hunger/thirst or my absolute laziness waiting for the right phase of game to "be normal" on one of my worlds keeping teledwarf on is having dwarves provide... but they're perfectly fine and even grow up.
Considering the way teledwarf works (by checking every unit on every tick to see if they're pathing, then teleporting them to the path destination should there be one), that doesn't surprise me in the slightest. "Teleporting" here refers to a process where all occupancy flags at the beginning and ending locations are set up properly for the new positions, the teleporting unit's laying-down flag is set as appropriate for if there's a standing creature at the destination, and the teleporting creature's position is set to the destination. Note that none of that accounts for babies, which I have no idea how the game keeps track of babies being held (some sort of general ref?)
babies are counted as riding the mothers, I believe.

Quoting for the benefit of a bug report - https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/issues/835

If someone could upload a small save with a dwarf carrying a baby that would save developer time a bit fixing it.
oh yeah funny thing about carry mechanics you can technically teleport the rider to anyone's backs if you slap the mount flag on the unit and change the rider's mount relationship to that unit with the mount flag on.
once the mount moves the rider will instantly teleport to the rider. you could also stack riders and mounts on top of each other this way. sadly there can be only 1 mount but many riders... or something to that degree last I remember gm-editor manipulations.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3916 on: March 06, 2016, 05:15:39 am »

Hmmm, haven't been able to get any useful output from the error logs but could someone else check and see if trying to make (in adventurer mode for sure, not sure about fort mode, no fort saves) a:

figurine
with a new image specified
of a historical figure

Doing so crashes with:
Code: [Select]
./dfhack: line 66: 23167 Segmentation fault     
(core dumped) setarch i386 -R env LD_PRELOAD="$PRELOAD_LIB" ./libs/Dwarf_Fortress "$@"
Every time I try so far, actually even if I try to do it for a historical figure direct OR for a specify new > historical figure, it crashes. Multiple saves too.

Just checked to see if it was because of having cull historical figures and no, doesn't seem to be that.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 05:22:37 am by Max™ »

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3917 on: March 06, 2016, 08:57:29 am »

Is there a plugin that shows the stockpile of metal ores and metal/charcoal bars?
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

Hesperid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3918 on: March 06, 2016, 11:01:53 am »

Yeah bind a hotkey to run "stocks show" and then you just have to type in b a r s and it lists all your different metal bars nicely.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3919 on: March 06, 2016, 12:34:37 pm »

There's also gui/dfstatus, which I think is bound to Alt+I in the main fortress mode view. It displays bar totals, and you can customize the bars it shows in <DF>/dfhack-config/dfstatus.lua, but I don't think it supports ores at all. (I also don't think it takes stockpiles into account, but it could.)
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3920 on: March 06, 2016, 02:05:19 pm »

-snip-
Thanks for the answer. I guess I misunderstood it then. Is there any script that allows for multiple possible results? What I mean is: the reaction is run, with X% chance of effect A, and Y% of effect B.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3921 on: March 06, 2016, 02:25:03 pm »

-snip-
Thanks for the answer. I guess I misunderstood it then. Is there any script that allows for multiple possible results? What I mean is: the reaction is run, with X% chance of effect A, and Y% of effect B.

If you want a "cumulative probability" where if there's a 10% chance it happens exactly every 10 times then you can use reaction-product-trigger using DF's built-in partial product system. If you want an independent probability each time, you can do something like

modtools/random-trigger -outcomeListName myOutcomeList -weight 1 -command [ devel/print-args "outcome 1" ]
modtools/random-trigger -outcomeListName myOutcomeList -weight 2 -command [ devel/print-args "outcome 2" ]
modtools/reaction-trigger -reactionName MY_REACTION -command [ modtools/random-trigger -outcomeListName myOutcomeList -trigger -preserveList ]

Every time MY_REACTION completes, it will print "outcome 1" with probability 1/3 and "outcome 2" with probability 2/3, and it will never print both at once.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3922 on: March 06, 2016, 05:53:51 pm »

So apparently my crashes are related to the vanilla bug, but they aren't consistent across saves. All of the saves in the folder I'm playing were made fresh for 42.06 to use the new reactions. One of them works fine with ./df or ./dfhack, but the others crash.

When I try ./df for the crashing ones I get this instead of the usual segfault message though:
[xcb] Unknown request in queue while dequeuing
[xcb] Most likely this is a multi-threaded client and XInitThreads has not been called
[xcb] Aborting, sorry about that.
Dwarf_Fortress: xcb_io.c:179: dequeue_pending_request: Assertion `!xcb_xlib_unknown_req_in_deq' failed.
./df: line 6: 32410 Aborted                 
(core dumped) ./libs/Dwarf_Fortress "$@"

So... that's weird.

Edit: correction!

One of the saves which I can make figurines in with ./df does not work when I launch with ./dfhack:
./dfhack: line 66:   899 Segmentation fault     
(core dumped) setarch i386 -R env LD_PRELOAD="$PRELOAD_LIB" ./libs/Dwarf_Fortress "$@"

I took this after launching with ./df:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I get the above segfault when I try the same thing with ./dfhack.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 05:59:17 pm by Max™ »

plenum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3923 on: March 06, 2016, 08:13:43 pm »

Have anyone tried (or know how) to change savagery/evilness of fort map? Is it even possible (easy) with DFHack?
Protect diversities: biological, ecological, cultural.
This yields colorful future to our (grand)children.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3924 on: March 06, 2016, 09:12:50 pm »

Why would you want to do that? It wouldn't change wildlife or regional interactions.

plenum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3925 on: March 06, 2016, 11:23:30 pm »

I would do that to make game a bit more fun, when my embark becomes a bit less vulnerable. Besides, for me it's not easy to do such a worldgen, which would satisfy all interests at once...

I was hoping to find way to make fort environment more aggressive at some point - at least for animals, that appear on surface. Yes, I know, it's possible to find evil in underground caverns, but still, is it possible?
Protect diversities: biological, ecological, cultural.
This yields colorful future to our (grand)children.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3926 on: March 06, 2016, 11:51:53 pm »

Technically?

...maybe.

Easy without ruining your save?

No.

There are a lot ofspots you have to find and make sure are changed to avoid: loading crashes, saving crashes, units entering map crashes, weather crashes, units leaving map crashes, death crashes, birth crashes, seasonal growth crashes, and many more.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3927 on: March 07, 2016, 07:42:20 am »

-snip-

If you want a "cumulative probability" where if there's a 10% chance it happens exactly every 10 times then you can use reaction-product-trigger using DF's built-in partial product system. If you want an independent probability each time, you can do something like

modtools/random-trigger -outcomeListName myOutcomeList -weight 1 -command [ devel/print-args "outcome 1" ]
modtools/random-trigger -outcomeListName myOutcomeList -weight 2 -command [ devel/print-args "outcome 2" ]
modtools/reaction-trigger -reactionName MY_REACTION -command [ modtools/random-trigger -outcomeListName myOutcomeList -trigger -preserveList ]

Every time MY_REACTION completes, it will print "outcome 1" with probability 1/3 and "outcome 2" with probability 2/3, and it will never print both at once.
I think I understand. Thanks.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3928 on: March 07, 2016, 09:25:38 am »

When constructing in advfort I've been finding foreign objects in the material selection. For example when building floors underground, I found glumprong logs as the first selection. There aren't any glumprongs on the ground, in my inventory, or in the entire biome. I also accidentally built aboveground floors with pear wood blocks when I haven't made any, and there are no pear trees around to make them from. These non-existent logs and blocks are selectable from random tiles, usually a few of them in a row.

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3929 on: March 07, 2016, 03:58:35 pm »

Yeah bind a hotkey to run "stocks show" and then you just have to type in b a r s and it lists all your different metal bars nicely.

That is helpful, but I'd like to be able to understand with a glance if it's more convenient to smelt hematite or limonite, for instance
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!
My fucking armok, you broke the game.
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 360