Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1078917 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.42.06-r1
« Reply #4245 on: May 05, 2016, 10:14:37 pm »

There isn't a 0.42.04-r1 DFHack release. What are you using? I remember testing that feature at some point in the 0.42 series and seeing it work, though.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

kane_t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4246 on: May 05, 2016, 11:03:19 pm »

Does anybody know why the modtools/force script can't start a diplomat event?  Or, alternatively, where the data on wars and conflicts is stored.  I was hoping to end a war (against my civilisation) by just spawning in a diplomat event, but it just doesn't seem to happen.

indyofcomo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4247 on: May 06, 2016, 09:35:11 am »

There isn't a 0.42.04-r1 DFHack release. What are you using? I remember testing that feature at some point in the 0.42 series and seeing it work, though.
Oh, silly me. That's the version number of LazyNewb I'm using. So the dfhack it has is 0.42.04-alpha2.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4248 on: May 06, 2016, 12:26:23 pm »

okay got throwing to work so I figured why not recreate Golf strangely I kept throwing my musical instrument per stroke
http://www.truimagz.com/host/rumrusher/folder1/Golf-might-be-doable-now.gif
which then I threw a stone throne around and then notice something wonderful about tagging the same item with projectile prompts
and tested this with a corpse.
http://www.truimagz.com/host/rumrusher/folder1/telekinesis-Corpse-explosion.gif
so uhh telekinesis.lua is set up.

at least now I can scratch off itemshotgun off the Dfhack todo list.
Oh good lord.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 12:44:28 pm by Max™ »

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4249 on: May 06, 2016, 01:01:54 pm »

okay got throwing to work so I figured why not recreate Golf strangely I kept throwing my musical instrument per stroke
http://www.truimagz.com/host/rumrusher/folder1/Golf-might-be-doable-now.gif
which then I threw a stone throne around and then notice something wonderful about tagging the same item with projectile prompts
and tested this with a corpse.
http://www.truimagz.com/host/rumrusher/folder1/telekinesis-Corpse-explosion.gif
so uhh telekinesis.lua is set up.

at least now I can scratch off itemshotgun off the Dfhack todo list.
Oh good lord.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I meant to comment on this before, but is there a reason you chose the falling/minecart projectile mechanics over the shooting mechanics? I currently split my projectile scripts allowing you to chose which one you want, but if falling/minecart is always better then I might just remove the choice to simplify the script.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4250 on: May 06, 2016, 04:42:03 pm »

Masterwork's return has given me the modding bug, so I'm probably going to have a spate of questions over the next few weeks. I'm a DFHack newb, so please pardon my naivete.

• Can one mod a civ's sites to change type once they reach a certain size?
  • In the same vein, can savegame data be forged so as to give a civ with [DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:PLAYER_FORTRESS] custom sites?
  • And finally, is it possible to force a regional interaction, such that, for example, the presence of an invading army causes the dead to rise?

Thanks in advance!
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4251 on: May 06, 2016, 04:43:47 pm »

1. I'm pretty sure no.

2. No; in general, world site stuff is basically infeasible to mess with, and custom sites are probably the infeasible of anything.

3. I'm not sure it could be done on the current region if that region doesn't have an interaction already, but I haven't messed around with interaction instances.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4252 on: May 06, 2016, 04:44:27 pm »

1. I'm pretty sure no.

2. No; in general, world site stuff is basically infeasible to mess with, and custom sites are probably the infeasible of anything.

3. I'm not sure it could be done on the current region if that region doesn't have an interaction already, but I haven't messed around with interaction instances.
Thanks!
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

kuertee

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4253 on: May 07, 2016, 08:42:01 am »

Hey all, was wondering...

Is there a script that would export the local fortress map into an English readable text file (e.g. XML)?

Or is there a tool that can extract it from the world.SAV file?

Thanks.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4254 on: May 07, 2016, 09:23:01 am »

Oh, silly me. That's the version number of LazyNewb I'm using. So the dfhack it has is 0.42.04-alpha2.
I can't reproduce the issue. Are you waiting for some time for the room to be reassigned? (It won't happen instantly, but it should happen within an in-game day or so.)

Edit: Also, is the noble in question a citizen?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4255 on: May 07, 2016, 12:28:52 pm »

So looking at tasks that are hardcoded that can't be done with a custom reaction I have
Code: [Select]
Butcher a dead animal (maybe a script which enters arena mode and hits the butcher key?)
Extract from dead animal
Capture a live land animal
Milk Creature
Shear Creatue
Capture a live fish
Engrave memorial (not sure about this one)
Melt Item (can be done, but doesn't handle the fractional bars and such, script should be able to replicate)
Prepare meal (not sure about this one)
Collect Sand
Collect Webs
Collect Clay
Are there any other I am missing, or are there any I have that people think could be done with scripts? Obviously I think they could all be "done" with scripts, but I was thinking about replicating the exact features not just, sand bag is created, remove some sand from map.

I already have a powerful set of scripts that replicate melt item. The current version actually does a much better job than vanilla does, as it returns exactly the same number of bars/wafers as were used to make the item. Partial bars are handled globally, but that's because I was lazy, not because it isn't possible to do it per-workshop.

The latest version of these scripts are included with Rubble, see "Libs/Melt Item" and "User/Melt Item".
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4256 on: May 07, 2016, 01:25:31 pm »

1. I'm pretty sure no.

Thanks!
to be honest this is my next project attempt figuring out how to copy and paste playerfort details to another site and or designing custom npc sites to replace the pregen ones.
hmm this is a weird bug but looks like line edit doesn't work with keybinding script some how skips the process.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 02:09:09 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

indyofcomo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4257 on: May 07, 2016, 09:45:03 pm »

I can't reproduce the issue. Are you waiting for some time for the room to be reassigned? (It won't happen instantly, but it should happen within an in-game day or so.)

It's for my mayor position, and yes they are citizens. I am not sure how much time happens between, it's not an announcement I notice.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4258 on: May 08, 2016, 06:48:11 am »

It's for my mayor position, and yes they are citizens. I am not sure how much time happens between, it's not an announcement I notice.

There, fixed for ya. Thanks for making me laugh though! Your comment being insides someone else's quote.
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4259 on: May 08, 2016, 07:59:00 pm »

I meant to comment on this before, but is there a reason you chose the falling/minecart projectile mechanics over the shooting mechanics? I currently split my projectile scripts allowing you to chose which one you want, but if falling/minecart is always better then I might just remove the choice to simplify the script.
Soft landings I think are the main reason. Not having thrown items destroyed automatically.
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 360