Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1078588 times)

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.42.06-r1
« Reply #4350 on: June 04, 2016, 02:40:57 pm »

In the 40.24 version of DFHack there was a plugin or script that allowed you to switch game-mode in game. Does anyone remember its name and whether or not it's available for 42.06?

"Game mode" as in  "fortress mode" and "adventure mode"?

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4351 on: June 04, 2016, 02:45:16 pm »

In the 40.24 version of DFHack there was a plugin or script that allowed you to switch game-mode in game. Does anyone remember its name and whether or not it's available for 42.06?

"Game mode" as in  "fortress mode" and "adventure mode"?
Ja, as well as Arena Mode (which was, in fact, necessary for properly switching.)
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4352 on: June 04, 2016, 04:14:08 pm »

"mode"
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4353 on: June 04, 2016, 08:31:12 pm »

How far is the DFhack update progress anyway? The usual? 1-3 months?
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4354 on: June 04, 2016, 08:33:10 pm »

"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4355 on: June 05, 2016, 08:34:57 am »

This talk of mode reminds me:

What happened to DFusion? In case people have forgotten:
DFusion - a lua based plugin system (integrated into DFHack)

I can barely find DFusion mentioned on the DFHack documentation site. About all I can find is a mention in NEWS: Changelog, where it says:
DFusion: legacy script system, obsolete or replaced by better alternatives

This was under the "DFHack future" heading and, from this, I can only assume that DFusion was removed after DFHack 0.40.24-r5 (the heading below it). Correct? I find this sad. :(

The "replaced by better alternatives" part suggests, to me, that DFHack still has alternatives to allow at least some of the same functionality as DFusion. Granted, there is mode. But, I'm having trouble finding scripts or plugins to do some of the DFusion stuff I'd like to do.

Mostly, I'm interested in Rumrusher's "Adventure Tools" (aka, "adv_tools") for DFusion, as mentioned here:
>> Change adventurer
>> Make creature follow
>> Toggle ghostliness
>> Toggle hostile
>> Wagon mode
>> Change flag
>> Teleport
>> Ressurection
>> Change Adv permenent

Also, these:
>> Impregnate
>> Change site type
>> Change site flags
>> Protect site from item scattering

I can find equivalents to some of these:
  • There is a teleport script, which functions like one expects.
  • There's the full-heal script: "Attempts to fully heal the selected unit. full-heal -r attempts to resurrect the unit." That makes it like Ressurection, only better.
  • The lair plugin "allows you to mark the map as a monster lair, preventing item scatter on abandon." This is equivalent to Protect site from item scattering and, partially, like Change site type.
  • The makeown part of the tweak plugin can "Force selected unit to become a member of your fort." This sounds reminiscent of Friendship. But it can't do all of the same things... can it?
  • The adv-bodyswap plugin "allows taking control over your followers and other creatures in adventure mode." Is this like an updated Change adventurer script? Will it allow the same stuff as the old Quantum Travel trick?
(Actually... Searching inside the files of dfhack-0.42.06-r1, I could not find any file with "adv-bodyswap" in the filename. And the only files which seem to mention "adv-bodyswap" are plugins.txt and plugins.html, which merely documents how it is used. Where can I find the actual code for the adv-bodyswap plugin? Or was it left out of that version and somebody forgot to edit the documentation to reflect this? :()

But, as far as I can tell, that's it. I can't find equivalents to Make creature follow, Toggle ghostliness, Toggle hostile, Wagon mode, or Change flag.

I also can't find an equivalent to DFusion's "Impregnate". I searched for "pregnant", but the closest I could find was petcapRemover, which can cause pregnancies in pets.

However, I did find some plugins and scripts which I think fit the spirit of the old DFusion Adventure Tools, namely:
  • gui/companion-order: an adventure mode command interface for your companions. (These include the commands follow and leave. But it's not really equivalent to the old Make creature follow, is it?)
  • gui/advfort: a way to do jobs with your adventurer (e.g. build fort).
  • gui/family-affairs: view, add, remove, or otherwise change romantic relationships
  • forceequip: moves local items into a unit’s inventory. It is typically used to equip specific clothing/armor items onto a dwarf, but can also be used to put armor onto a war animal or to add unusual items (such as crowns) to any unit.
Anyway, any info on what happened to DFusion and suggestions on how to achieve the same results as with "Adventure Tools" using existing scripts and plugins would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 08:48:07 am by Thundercraft »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4356 on: June 05, 2016, 08:39:39 am »

The short version is that most of the DFusion-specific stuff hadn't been updated and was no longer compatible with recent DF versions, and for technical reasons (it was really old) further updates were unlikely (easier to start over).  So the removal was mostly to allow cleaner docs, instead of pretending that the whole system was still functional.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4357 on: June 05, 2016, 10:09:02 am »

• adv-bodyswap was part of the advtools plugin, which was disabled in 2014 (before we released DFHack for 0.40). We're not very good at updating documentation, it seems. Also, I'm not familiar enough with it to know if it's possible for it to return.
  • follow: If you're talking about setting up DF to follow a creature, that became a vanilla feature in 0.34.08.
  • For changing flags, gui/gm-editor should work, although I'm not sure how it compares in terms of user-friendliness.
  • I think people decided that friendship was no longer necessary with the visitor/citizenship changes in 0.42. Not sure how it worked before.
  • tweak clear-ghostly can get rid of ghosts.
I'm not entirely sure what "wagon mode" is supposed to do.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4358 on: June 05, 2016, 04:20:22 pm »

"friendship" was made completely obsolete by 0.42.01.

"ectobiology" in Fortbent is basically impregnate.

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4359 on: June 05, 2016, 06:20:43 pm »

Thank you for the replies. It helps. And at least, now, I know.

But, I suppose I should have explained what the missing adv_tools did:

>> Make creature follow -- makes creature temporarily follow you
>> Toggle ghostliness -- can't hit anything but are sort of invulnerable & everyone ignores you
>> Toggle hostile -- changes creature hostility
>> Make creature follow -- makes creature follow (even after traveling)
>> Wagon mode -- turns you into a wagon

"ectobiology" in Fortbent is basically impregnate.

Hmm... Fortbent is a major mod, not a utility, correct? Looking at DFFD, the latest release (Fortbent 6) was for DF v0.34.11. And searching for "ectobiology", I find nothing on the DFHack GitHub or in DFHack documentation.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4360 on: June 05, 2016, 06:30:53 pm »

I don't release on DFFD anymore. Here's ectobiology.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4361 on: June 05, 2016, 07:01:25 pm »

I don't release on DFFD anymore. Here's ectobiology.

Just curious, is there a problem with DFFD?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4362 on: June 05, 2016, 07:28:05 pm »

Github has a better API.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4363 on: June 05, 2016, 08:41:00 pm »

It's also more convenient to post releases on GitHub for projects that are on GitHub, to keep things in one place.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4364 on: June 06, 2016, 12:13:53 pm »

-snip-
okay most of those were made back when DFUSION was all I had for modding Dwarf fortress also warmist was a great tutor for hacking and writing scripts in Dwarf fortress and I was mostly pushing around weird stuff.
I warmist made a script called spellbook which allowed me to dump future scripts into a gui run plugin before I used companion order to dump most of the good script commands.
adv-bodyswap and bodyswap are two different and similar things one being a plugin and the other being a txt function script that I copy and pasted.
you could harvest most of it from the recarnation script as that kinda puts you in the body of the killer and the coding needed to do that has the basic command needed to swap bodies.
lair plugin was made during the time I was using Retire method which save the fort back when saving the fort that way still scattered items and killed all the pets.
friendship is a whole different beast that kinda wish was updated, as toady still hasn't made that possible outside of a long grind, so friendship added different creatures from a list to pop up as migrants.
so you could end up with dragons, demons, what ever as fully citizen migrants of the fort. the issue with it being dub obsolete was toady version was playing paper please with a bunch of guests

wagonmode is doable in vanilla as wagons don't scuttle in adventure mode to the point of making an animalman version of one is possible.
impregnate was the one function I miss the most and should have made a backup via the dfhack folder in the dfhack plugin and scripts section

ghostliness is busted in the new version of Dwarf fortress as toady forgot about ghost folks not being able to continue moving in the air because they are missing the gaits needed so they just move up into the air then be lock out of any movement command like a spider not being able to swim and floating in the air. this only happens to creatures with no flying and works normally with birdfolk.
also Toady doesn't see this as a bug until someone finds a solution that doesn't use Dfhack.

the make creature follow script kinda got super improved when I found a bound person via talking to them option in the talk dialog and made a script for that.
and later realize you an just make an interaction that gives anyone you want to follow you HIGH Excitement seeking trait which works on talking animals so I have to test out how better is doing that than bounding folks against their will and other stuff.
all in all oh boy I think most of the stuff is on warmist or my github gist account.

I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 360