Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1077863 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.42.06-r1
« Reply #4455 on: July 02, 2016, 03:23:26 am »

Bumber: do you remember how many tiles on the local map your embark was (when embarking)?
I thought it was 3x3 or 4x4, but Legends Viewer says "Size: 2 x 2". I'm not sure if that translates to 2x2 on the local map. Looks like 3x3 on the reclaim, which is my preferred size, so I'll assume that's the correct one.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 03:28:38 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4456 on: July 02, 2016, 05:53:29 am »

Q: Is there a relatively painless way to stop an NPC in Adventure Mode from being hostile? That is, to permanently convert a unit from hostile to neutral? Would this involve changing a flag on the unit, perhaps using the gui/gm-editor?
you can bound them against their will. which turns them into a companion you do have to talk to them to get this to work so,  guess turning them ghostly.

I meant... Is there a way to use DFHack to make a hostile NPC no longer hostile? Would the makeown part of the tweak plugin work in Adventure Mode? Could that turn a hostile NPC into an ally? (The docs make it sound like it's meant exclusively for Fort Mode.)

If not, would it be possible to write a script to change hostility? Is there a flag for hostility which could merely be turned off? Or must it be more complicated than that, such as hacking the NPC's ethics or your character's list of kills or something?

If changing the NPC's state of hostility is rather complicated, would it be easier to create a non-hostile clone of the NPC or reset the NPC's history or something? (I could have sworn that DFusion had a way to change hostility...)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4457 on: July 02, 2016, 01:41:01 pm »

Bumber: do you remember how many tiles on the local map your embark was (when embarking)?
I thought it was 3x3 or 4x4, but Legends Viewer says "Size: 2 x 2". I'm not sure if that translates to 2x2 on the local map. Looks like 3x3 on the reclaim, which is my preferred size, so I'll assume that's the correct one.
I'm honestly not sure what the issue is. Toady says the weather map is still 5x5, and the way we find it is by saving a special weather pattern in an older DF version, then searching for it after loading the save in a newer version. I'm seeing the exact same behavior on OS X, so it's really unlikely that someone messed up the step on both platforms. (Even if the address we had was wrong in the old version, DF would save from the correct address, then load part (or none) of our weather pattern into the correct address in the newer version, which should cause the weather scan to fail.)

In the meantime, you can run "weather clear" to get rid of the rain indicator. If more weather shows up later, it would be nice if you could run "weather" again to see what it looks like.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 01:42:37 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4458 on: July 02, 2016, 01:54:12 pm »

I'm honestly not sure what the issue is. Toady says the weather map is still 5x5, and the way we find it is by saving a special weather pattern in an older DF version, then searching for it after loading the save in a newer version.
How is that 5x5 map translated to the embark map? Does that mean it could be reading rain from outside my map, or is it scaled down to fit? I would still find it unlikely that the rain would never stop, however.

In the meantime, you can run "weather clear" to get rid of the rain indicator. If more weather shows up later, it would be nice if you could run "weather" again to see what it looks like.
Edit: I tried "weather clear" and the indicator disappeared for about a minute before the reappearing without a "started raining" announcement. R's in the same place as usual, no rain.
I already did. A minute of relief, followed by the usual pattern.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 02:01:20 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4459 on: July 02, 2016, 02:05:06 pm »

I'm honestly not sure what the issue is. Toady says the weather map is still 5x5, and the way we find it is by saving a special weather pattern in an older DF version, then searching for it after loading the save in a newer version.
How is that 5x5 map translated to the embark map? Does that mean it could be reading rain from outside my map, or is it scaled down to fit? I would still find it unlikely that the rain would never stop, however.
It's always 5x5, so it has to be scaled up or down.
Edit: I tried "weather clear" and the indicator disappeared for about a minute before the reappearing without a "started raining" announcement. R's in the same place as usual, no rain.
I already did. A minute of relief, followed by the usual pattern.
So four rows of "C", and one row of "R"?

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Weaselcake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4460 on: July 03, 2016, 12:06:43 am »

Any time estimate on the DFhack update for 43.04?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4461 on: July 03, 2016, 10:27:37 am »

Though I'm not a wizard, the usual answer is "it's done when it is done". I've been hearing that the 64-bit release has been making things difficult, however.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

nordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4462 on: July 03, 2016, 10:37:16 am »

It will arrive after you finish an apprenticeship under a owl man necromancer...  Also, by then you may also have wizards in the vanilla game, :p
Exerpt from townbrush.txt by Internet Kraken:

"Nobody wants to live in Townbrush, and for good reason. Almost everyone that has come to Townbrush has been eaten, stabbed, crushed, drowned, hacked, incinerated, or beaten to death with an octopre skin backpack. When we're not under siege, we're being attacked by Forgotten Beasts. And when we're not being attacked by Forgotten Beasts, there's probably a zombie whale crushing someone to death in the dining room."

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4463 on: July 03, 2016, 10:59:44 am »

Though I'm not a wizard, the usual answer is "it's done when it is done". I've been hearing that the 64-bit release has been making things difficult, however.
It's the new Windows compiler making things difficult. The 64-bit release hasn't been too bad, actually, although we have to update many of the automatic tools to support it as well.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4464 on: July 05, 2016, 01:53:44 pm »

Ok, either someone please tell me about a replacement to Dfusion's freaky Friday-like change adventurer script or just tell me how to re-add Dfusion.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4465 on: July 05, 2016, 06:51:14 pm »

It's always 5x5, so it has to be scaled up or down.
I wonder how it works in adventure mode. I can hear rain from a very far distance. I moved for a while on the travel map, and the weather map (not the problem one) didn't change at all.
So four rows of "C", and one row of "R"?
Yeah.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4466 on: July 05, 2016, 06:54:16 pm »

Adventure mode weather is different. We should probably make "weather" give an error message in adventure mode unless someone knows how it should work there. Still no idea on the weather issue in fortress mode, though.

Ok, either someone please tell me about a replacement to Dfusion's freaky Friday-like change adventurer script or just tell me how to re-add Dfusion.
It's pretty difficult to re-add (you'd have to compile DFHack yourself). I wasn't familiar with DFusion myself, but going by https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/pull/751, PeridexisErrant and Warmist might be able to help.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 06:56:35 pm by lethosor »

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4467 on: July 05, 2016, 07:30:50 pm »

Have there been any updates to the recent DFhack alpha1 for 0.43.03? So many pages to go through to find the link if that's the case.

Will be fun once 0.43.05-whatever version comes next and DFhack finally gets updated to the newest version with 64-bit support. For now, ye can take your time with it as I like to take time with my current modded adventure in 0.43.03.
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4468 on: July 05, 2016, 08:04:36 pm »

You could also check https://github.com/dfhack/dfhack/releases. The status of another 0.43.03 release is iffy, but not impossible.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4469 on: July 06, 2016, 07:09:23 am »

You could also check https://github.com/dfhack/dfhack/releases. The status of another 0.43.03 release is iffy, but not impossible.

I for one would really like a full release for 43.03 so I can release a stable pack for it :)
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 360