Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1078562 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r5
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2014, 07:43:36 pm »

PTW, though waiting for some more fixes.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2014, 09:31:36 pm »

Quietusts make-monarch, which allows people that play with low pop-limits to get kings. Usually you need 140 dwarves to trigger the possible arrival of the king, the script allows smaller forts to do that.
I don't recall writing that script, and a quick check against the DFHack repository shows that it was Warmist who added it. I may have provided guidance on writing it, but I'm pretty sure I didn't actually write it (since I would've insisted on also adding history events for assigning the new monarch and possibly also for removing the old one).

Besides, there's a much easier way to get a King in a smaller fortress - run the command ":lua df.global.ui.fortress_rank = 5" to become a Metropolis.
Sorry Warmist/Quietust, I remember you (Quietust) posting the command you just quoted, and I added it to my scripts. I thought it was make-monarch. ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2014, 12:41:24 am »

New version of DFHack compiled with an older version of gcc for Linux users who don't have the most recent version.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2014, 01:33:44 am »

I'm working out how to do a dfhack tab in the LNP launcher, and thinking of using the onload.init - but I can't find any documentation on that in the readme.  Does anyone have a link or details on what the file should be called and where it goes?
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2014, 02:18:44 am »

You call the file "Onload.init" and put it into dwarffortress/raw.

Whats in it? That depends on you. Its exactly like the dfhack init, just that the dfhack init is read out when the game starts, while the onload init is read out when someone loads a world.

The onload.init is saved in each region folder, so if you have settings for it, they will be stored with each save. Mine has this in it:
#Adds pet types to civs on world load
AddMinionToCiv
AddMountToCiv
AddPackToCiv
AddPullToCiv
AddWagonToCiv
AddPetToCiv

#embark points and embark group
points 1274
dwarves 7

#patches the armor stands
enable fix-armory

#putnams awesome items
itemsyndrome contaminantsOn enable
itemsyndrome enable
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2014, 03:05:53 am »

@Meph - thanks, that's all I needed.  The basic idea is that I can keep it small enough to just generate a new file based on selected options, and leave everything else in dfhack.init

I'm also doing some unrelated cleanup and need to update a script, but I can't work out what "unit.appearance.unk_4c8" is these days (which I think is the problem).
Spoiler: details (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 03:10:51 am by PeridexisErrant »
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2014, 04:31:38 am »

My suggestion would be to diff the DFHack r3 sources with the DFhack r5 sources and hunt it down.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2014, 07:34:36 am »

@Meph - thanks, that's all I needed.  The basic idea is that I can keep it small enough to just generate a new file based on selected options, and leave everything else in dfhack.init

I'm also doing some unrelated cleanup and need to update a script, but I can't work out what "unit.appearance.unk_4c8" is these days (which I think is the problem).

I can do one better. I've been doing a lot of Lua recently and I happened to have already updated that script. There was one script in that folder that I forgot to test, so maybe it's that one, but I'd give this an 80% chance of working.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2014, 07:47:36 am »

My suggestion would be to diff the DFHack r3 sources with the DFhack r5 sources and hunt it down.
It would be a fun challenge to make a script that automates that. Lets say that you pass it git commit X and git commit Y and it outputs fields which changes in form "unit.wounds.unk48->unit.wounds.emotional_trauma"
That only involves interfacing with git and parsing xmls...

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2014, 08:06:58 am »

I can do one better. I've been doing a lot of Lua recently and I happened to have already updated that script. There was one script in that folder that I forgot to test, so maybe it's that one, but I'd give this an 80% chance of working.

tested, works.

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2014, 12:13:31 pm »

Is it just me or is rendermax.plug.dll simply not included in the wimbli dfhack zip file?

By the way, to any experienced raw modders out there: what scripts are commonly used that are not included in DFHack by default? Scripts are pretty small, so as long as they work and are useful to a large number of people, they should be included. I know my way around DFHack internals, but I don't know as much about how stuff is used.

I'm not an experienced modder but as a regular player I often use callmedic.lua and blooddel.lua from UristDaVinci as well as load-screen.lua from Lethosor. I also copy and paste scripts from PE's pack that aren't in the main repo and sometimes I play with IndigoFenix's druidism and machina. And when I'm really, really lazy I fire up df-ai.

Also there's a bug patched by UristDaVinci that fixes some combat mechanics related to non-integer values and since I'm too lazy I usually copy and paste PE's executable too :P
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 12:50:10 pm by Nopenope »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2014, 12:34:37 pm »

Nopenope, that link you posted is blank.  :-\

Could you please post the callmedic.lua and blooddel.lua? I do not have them in MDF, and would like to include them. Maybe with a short description of what they actually do? (I can guess, but it would be nice to be sure)

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2014, 12:53:32 pm »

Updated to include links. Turns out callmedic wasn't exactly from UristDaVinci.

And since we're talking about what scripts should be included, DFHack spells/script list (whatever its name is nowadays) should be in. These are mostly modder stuff but even regular players tend to get bored. There are also a few tidbits on Putnam and a few others' gists that I sometimes fetch to play with. No reason they shouldn't be included if they are in a working state.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2014, 08:23:59 pm »

Is there any way the "ls" command which lists all possible commands, plugins, and scripts can be improved to group/sort things so that we don't get a 2 kilometer long mess, especially if more scripts are added?

as a regular player I often use callmedic.lua and blooddel.lua from UristDaVinci

I did not make any "call medic" script. Perhaps you were thinking of the one that resets the feeding/watering patients/prisoners countdown? http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=138609.msg5286137#msg5286137

This thread has scripts for getting the butchering results from creatures or corpse/body items: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=137332.msg5134076#msg5134076 , presumably useful like prospector.

... And since we're talking about what scripts should be included, DFHack spells/script list (whatever its name is nowadays) should be in....

Many of those require complex interactions between plugins, scripts, and parsing raw file strings hidden in things like syndrome classes. It isn't something you can just drop onto an existing game.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2014, 10:37:04 am »

Question, I have a table in lua args = {[0] = 'here', [1] = 'upgrade', [2] = '500'}, I thought that #args == 3, but when I do print(#args) I get 2. Did I misunderstand what the #args did?

Code: [Select]
DFHack is ready. Have a nice day!
Type in '?' or 'help' for general help, 'ls' to see all commands.
Detected spatter add reactions - enabling plugin.
Detected reaction hooks - enabling plugin.
Fixing cloth stockpile handling (bug 5739)...
Patched 200506 bad references in 6046 materials.
FixGrowth: Fixed 6 units so that their size will grow/thicken.
[DFHack]# spells/base_upgradebuilding
Upgradable Buildings: Loaded
1                        = upgrade
2                        = 500
0                        = here
2                                                    <== #args
0                                                    <== should be 500 if #args == 3
500                                                  <== args[2]
[DFHack]#
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 360