Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1077474 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.43.03-r1
« Reply #4515 on: July 21, 2016, 08:00:47 am »

A brief 0.43.05 update:

DFHack is getting to the point where it can be compiled as 64-bit and run with a 64-bit DF without dying completely. Finding offsets so it can actually do useful things with DF is a bit harder, since jjyg's scripts choke on some changes brought around by MSVC 2015 and GCC 4.8, and most don't work at all with 64-bit DF, and he's away for another week or so. Mifki has been working on more scripts to locate things for 64-bit DF (many thanks there), and NCommander got 32-bit Linux working, from what I remember.

Note: If you've been using the "world.cur_savegame" structure in any personal scripts, it turns out that it has probably never existed - all of those fields (save_dir, save_version, etc.) are world fields instead. Mifki should have fixed occurrences of these in DFHack, but for anyone else using that structure, plan to make changes there.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4516 on: July 21, 2016, 02:28:42 pm »

Thanks for the update lethosor!

As for my detecting embark, the onload.init runs just before the embark screen loads rather than just before the fort loads... which means unfortunately rummaging through history won't work, but fortunately I only need to detect the embark screen.

For a new fort the onload.init runs while df.global.gps.screen.value is 0, and then it becomes 219 when the embark screen is ready for user input.  It is also 219 in fort mode and arena mode and while a saved game is reloading, so I'm not sure what that value is really supposed to represent.  But, since you can't get to "screen 0" in an active fort it's good enough for my purposes.

This is good luck, because I can't make heads or tails out of the .events in the entity, nor can I find the .activities.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Snafu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4517 on: July 22, 2016, 04:30:48 pm »

Can any DFH dev (or appropriate scripter) say if a command to copy orders in the new (0.43.x) management screen (similar to military screen) is being worked upon?

Initially placing orders is very useful, but when you want to have pretty much the same order conditions for thread, cloth, (individual) clothes/armour pieces etc etc it can quickly become a timewasting PITA :(

I guess I'm asking for /user-defined/ order templates.. (preferably independently saved so they can be used across embarks/worlds, but the initial ability to do the above would help immensely!)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4518 on: July 22, 2016, 08:33:20 pm »

We've been mostly working on 0.43.05 support, not features. We're also not very psychic and don't usually work on suggestions without them being suggested first. :)
(I've added that on the issue tracker, which is a good place to suggest things, since they're less easily-buried there than here.)
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Snafu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4519 on: July 22, 2016, 09:30:45 pm »

Tks Leth; I wasn't aware of a suitable place to add requests, that's why I posted here. I'll use the tracker in future, when I remember :)

Perhaps amend the first post to include that link for suggestions rather than only bugs, or will that overwhelm you?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4520 on: July 23, 2016, 03:55:38 pm »

I got a question about item-trigger: does -onStrike also work for ammo?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4521 on: July 23, 2016, 07:12:18 pm »

Don't think so, but there is projectile-trigger for ammo

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4522 on: July 23, 2016, 09:19:35 pm »

Don't think so, but there is projectile-trigger for ammo
Oh, thanks.

By the way, I'm trying to use create-unit and reaction-trigger to spawn a creature, but it's not working (but isn't spitting an error in the dfhack window either). Here's the code:
Code: [Select]
modtools/reaction-trigger -reactionName SPAWN_DEBUG -command [ modtools/create-unit -race GOLD_HOUND -caste DEFAULT -civ_id \\LOCAL -group_id \\LOCAL -domesticate -location [ \\LOCATION ] -age 1 ]
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4523 on: July 23, 2016, 10:50:26 pm »

On a phone at the moment so I can't check, but make sure the parameters are right.  Might be civId and groupId.  In any case, it ought to throw an error unless reaction-trigger suppresses that for some reason.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4524 on: July 25, 2016, 01:36:48 pm »

On a phone at the moment so I can't check, but make sure the parameters are right.  Might be civId and groupId.  In any case, it ought to throw an error unless reaction-trigger suppresses that for some reason.
Well, it was part of the problem. changing civ_id to civID spits this out:

While I'm at it, when using create-unit with interaction-trigger, how do I make it so that the created creature is of the same group as the unit performing the interaction?

EDIT: Changing -civ_id \\LOCAL -group_id \\LOCAL to -civ_id a -group_id a made them spawn. But now I'm running into some weirdness. Sometimes, it spawns a single one, but others it spawns multiple. I've noticed a few things about this: if I repeat the reaction, it will always spawn the same number every time. The number change when I close DF and open it again. The multiplied creatures will fight each other, and only each other. If I spawn two groups of two creatures, each will only fight it's own pair.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 02:04:12 pm by Teneb »

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4525 on: July 25, 2016, 02:22:14 pm »

Well, it is definitely -civId and -groupId (note the camelCaseCapitalization), and \\LOCAL will make them aligned with the player's fort which ought to be aligned with the person performing the reaction.
Just got back, updating:

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4526 on: July 25, 2016, 02:29:46 pm »

Well, it is definitely -civId and -groupId (note the camelCaseCapitalization), and \\LOCAL will make them aligned with the player's fort which ought to be aligned with the person performing the reaction.
\\LOCAL is simply not working for me, instead getting me the error I pasted above. Anyway, it's mostly working now, just have no idea why it's sometimes spawning multiple creatures who then proceed to try to murder each other. Any idea why that's happening?

On an unrelated note, are the any plan to allow for projectile-trigger to, well, trigger based on the item type of the projectile rather than its material?

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4527 on: July 25, 2016, 02:57:10 pm »

When using it in interaction-tigger you need to add an extra \

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4528 on: July 25, 2016, 03:27:21 pm »

I have a feeling once this updates something will break

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4529 on: July 26, 2016, 03:47:50 am »

For a new fort the onload.init runs while df.global.gps.screen.value is 0, and then it becomes 219 when the embark screen is ready for user input.  It is also 219 in fort mode and arena mode and while a saved game is reloading, so I'm not sure what that value is really supposed to represent.  But, since you can't get to "screen 0" in an active fort it's good enough for my purposes.
The gps.screen.value iš the first tiles ( upper left corner) character. So it might fail with fps display on ( or off)
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 360