Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1079052 times)

ldog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.43.03-r1
« Reply #4560 on: August 01, 2016, 11:19:52 am »

I haven't seen this mentioned (did a quick keyword search through the thread) but a request for the autogem cutting plugin:
Have it respect new workshop profile setting.

So I keep 2 gemshops, 1 set for cutting gems, 1 for encrusting furniture. Mechanixm's QSP setup. I have the workshops locked down to the job types, and I'd like to have the gems autocut, but it gives jobs to both shops.
Quote from: Dirst
For example, if you wanted to check if a unit was eligible to be a politician or a car salesman, you'd first want to verify that there is no soul present...

Quote from: gchristopher
The more appropriate question becomes, are they awesome and dwarven enough.

breadman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4561 on: August 01, 2016, 01:48:38 pm »

I haven't seen this mentioned (did a quick keyword search through the thread) but a request for the autogem cutting plugin:
I'll take a look.  Meanwhile, it already respects stockpile links, in case that helps.
Quote from: Kevin Wayne, in r.g.r.n
Is a "diety" the being pictured by one of those extremely skinny aboriginal statues?

ldog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4562 on: August 01, 2016, 01:55:40 pm »

I'll take a look.  Meanwhile, it already respects stockpile links, in case that helps.

Thanks.

I'd need to re-engineer stockpiles (I use 1 for both rough & finished gems), but it's an option at least. It's not like I don't have all kinds of segregated QSPs already anyway, so what's 1 more. Convenience of autogem is hard to beat, manager would require 1 job per gem.
For example, if you wanted to check if a unit was eligible to be a politician or a car salesman, you'd first want to verify that there is no soul present...

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4563 on: August 01, 2016, 04:44:06 pm »

Couldn't you create a stockpile that accepts nothing and link it to the workshop?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

ldog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4564 on: August 01, 2016, 04:48:41 pm »

Couldn't you create a stockpile that accepts nothing and link it to the workshop?

Well then the workshop wouldn't be good for anything?

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4565 on: August 01, 2016, 06:19:11 pm »

Is there an eventful event for sieges or traders arriving? Not a huge deal as I can just check if there is one every so often, just wondering if it's already been done.

EDIT: I'll piggy back another question. Is it possible to have two separate onLoad.init, one for fort mode and one for adventure mode?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 06:24:31 pm by Roses »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4566 on: August 01, 2016, 06:57:52 pm »

Oh, sorry. I thought you had a walled-off workshop that was accepting gem-cutting jobs, or something like that. (These forums aren't the most mobile-friendly...)

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

ldog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4567 on: August 01, 2016, 07:57:23 pm »

Oh, sorry. I thought you had a walled-off workshop that was accepting gem-cutting jobs, or something like that. (These forums aren't the most mobile-friendly...)

LOL, I thought maybe you knew something I don't (well I'm sure you know a lot about DF that I don't) but no worries, Breadman said he'd look at it, and he gave me a workable solution otherwise.

Lamandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Diagnostican
    • View Profile
« Reply #4568 on: August 04, 2016, 11:49:07 pm »

LOL, I thought maybe you knew something I don't (well I'm sure you know a lot about DF that I don't) but no worries, Breadman said he'd look at it, and he gave me a workable solution otherwise.
My solution is to clutter the workorder with either duplicates or specifying them for different furniture. So if I want only gem encrusted statues, I tell to use "any material" for the gems and use it on input item statue. So now every statue will be encrusted by any gem lying around.

Or: you can switch off auto-cutting gems. Give the one workshop the order: Cut xy (it has to be a gem, not a stone!), and also change the material to any material. You can even make a workflow job, specifying how  many cut gems should be there (regardless which kind). So it will always automatically switch on, when you need more cut gems.
Like this: workflow amount SMALLGEM 30 10
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 11:55:36 pm by Lamandus »

Algorithman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4569 on: August 10, 2016, 04:34:35 am »

Would it be possible to write the outside temperature to the game log on weather changes?
I'm tryin to improve the ambient sounds, which would be season and temperature dependent.
Any clues how to do that?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4570 on: August 10, 2016, 06:55:52 am »

It's pretty easy to detect weather changes by registering an event that gets triggered on new reports (which include announcements) and looking for announcements of type WEATHER_BECOMES_CLEAR, WEATHER_BECOMES_SNOW, or WEATHER_BECOMES_RAIN. devel/annc-monitor.lua may be a useful example.

I've never really worked with temperature, though, but see if df.global.world.arena_spawn.temperature works.

Algorithman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4571 on: August 10, 2016, 10:20:50 am »

Thx lethosor, i'll try that.

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4572 on: August 17, 2016, 11:36:44 am »

For on of masters of this thread  :)
Can someone told me short story of DFHack creation, and probadly give some linkes to first discussions about it? I really need it. Thanks.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4573 on: August 17, 2016, 11:58:36 am »

Peterix is the one to ask.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4574 on: August 17, 2016, 02:19:56 pm »

For on of masters of this thread  :)
Can someone told me short story of DFHack creation, and probadly give some linkes to first discussions about it? I really need it. Thanks.
At first there was chaos. Many young hackers did the same and did it differently. It was good time, because df was stuck in one version.

But soon one of those hackers has risen. He chose the hard path: to join everyone under a dfhack banner (and the nice performance gain by being in same address space) and that person was Peterix. And thus the Dfhack has risen from the chaos and is thriving since that day.

The second big revolution was "Lua". From the depths of internet came a person named "ag" (in these forums). He took the idea i toyed around and made it beautiful and powerful. And thus we could do anything (well almost) without any recompile.

The third big revolution was "Vmethod interposing". Again big thanks to "ag". This allowed us to do "MAGIC" with dfhack. Like catch when df calls some functions and replace them VERY EASILY. And also the gui was born.

Though this is only one half of it. During all that time there were many people - Like Peterix and Quietust - that worked on very important systems. Like the dfhack architecture itself and reversing the df.

Some links: old dfhack thread

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 360