Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1079246 times)

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.08-r2
« Reply #465 on: August 17, 2014, 12:59:59 pm »

Hello everyone!
I installed DFHack on my debian machine amd64 (df 40.08) but cannot get stonesense to work
I removed libstdc++ to use system one, installed liballegro:i386 but still no luck
now stderr says: df_linux/hack/plugins/stonesense.plug.so: undefined symbol: al_color_rgb_to_hsv
hints?
https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/issues/282
https://github.com/DFHack/stonesense/pull/22/files

breadman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: August 17, 2014, 03:42:15 pm »

If you set more than a link to a stockpile, the linked list of "give: stockpile #1", "take: stockpile #2", ETC/ETC gets overlapped by: "J: No Job Selected" ??, its anybody else having this issue?

This one's my fault.  I'm open to suggestions on a better place for the stockflow lines.  Part of the trickiness is that the position of the links depends on the size of the window, and part is that I was working around Falconne's auto-trade/auto-melt/auto-dump plugin.

So, it turns out that I was remembering the 0.34.11 behavior of the stockpile links.  Now, they start at the top and work their way down the page, leaving one blank line before the "Done" line at the bottom.  This leaves four blank lines on the screen: above the menu, between the menu and the links, between the links and Done, and below Done.  Granted, the Done line is short, and less likely to be missed.

Stockflow wants two lines, preferably together, though I might be able to squeeze one to the right of the Done line given default keybindings.
The stocks plugin uses one line when enabled, though it's not obvious at first that the resulting screen differs from running "stocks show" globally.
The autotrade plugin wants another line, as do Falconne's autodump modification and automelt plugin, though it might be possible to combine the three with some work.

So, where should we put these four to six extra lines?  Should we overwrite the bottom of the link list, assuming that most people run in windows large enough, with few enough links, to not run into problems?  Should we try to squeeze everything into the blank lines?  Should we overwrite the Done line?

For aesthetic reasons, I'm leaning toward overwriting the bottom of the link list.  As long as lines are counted from the bottom, any overwritten lines are accessible by changing the window size, or by deleting a few links.
Quote from: Kevin Wayne, in r.g.r.n
Is a "diety" the being pictured by one of those extremely skinny aboriginal statues?

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 18, 2014, 12:48:51 am »

I have a question about this version of dfhack:
Can i use it with 0.40.03 df?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 18, 2014, 01:00:20 am »

You might be able to, but there's no guarentees at all.

I'd give it a one in twenty chance of not wrecking your savegames.

dariopnc

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 18, 2014, 01:20:39 am »

now stderr says: df_linux/hack/plugins/stonesense.plug.so: undefined symbol: al_color_rgb_to_hsv
hints?
https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/issues/282
https://github.com/DFHack/stonesense/pull/22/files

the way I get it is that there's a build error. seen that I don't/wont build my dfhack install, I'll have to watch for a new compiled version (r3?)

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 18, 2014, 03:29:57 am »

[ ... ]
For aesthetic reasons, I'm leaning toward overwriting the bottom of the link list.  As long as lines are counted from the bottom, any overwritten lines are accessible by changing the window size, or by deleting a few links.

I regularly get into trouble with the link list as I only have a netbook. I know I am sort of in the tails of the curve :/ (oh, and that was already with .34, though it continues with .40). I favor the "overwirte the DONE line" solution, though this might look more messy. Combining all three plugins would likely be a bit of a nightmare for you and Falconne, since you would create interdependencies between the three plugins. While that would probably result in the shortest (and potentially nicest) result, "you don't want to" [see his identification] (because of trouble).

This is unfortunately not the first program where updated versions ceased to work well with my screen due to the developers assuming everybody to have huge displays... (QLandkarteGT is the worst offender, almost unusable now).
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #471 on: August 18, 2014, 06:23:34 am »

I have a question about this version of dfhack:
Can i use it with 0.40.03 df?
No, you cannot - it will only work with 0.40.07 and 0.40.08, and the next version will only work with 0.40.09 and later (because of the new POLE worldgen parameter).

Why would you want to use an old and buggy version, anyways?
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Hesperid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 18, 2014, 08:46:18 am »

Advfort got broken by the new trees. You cannot fell trees anymore since the GUI simply complains that felling can only be performed on trees, and trunks apparently aren't good enough.

TV4Fun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 18, 2014, 11:22:09 am »

I'm having a problem with the DFHack patched version of DF 40.08 that I am not having with the vanilla version. Here is a new save in fortress mode from a newly created world. The patched version of DF crashes on loading this, but it loads fine in the vanilla version. http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9425

Euius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: August 18, 2014, 06:17:23 pm »

Anyway to access the feature list in a region before embarking?

I can cobble some information from df.global.world.world_data.region_details[0].features[ x ][y] that's valid for the region I have up on the pre-embark site selector, but that just provides an index into a table that's not populated pre-embark, not a description, and the values change worldgen to worldgen.

And after embark, df.global.world.features.map_features is an easier way to access it anyways.

breadman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: August 18, 2014, 07:04:27 pm »

I regularly get into trouble with the link list as I only have a netbook. I know I am sort of in the tails of the curve :/ (oh, and that was already with .34, though it continues with .40). I favor the "overwirte the DONE line" solution, though this might look more messy.

Dwarf Fortress can be played on a netbook‽

My current pull request overwrites the last three lines of the list, and sometimes the blank line below them, when all three plugins (stockflow, stocks, and autotrade) are enabled.  At the minimum height of 25 lines, that leaves at least five links visible.  Given a valid objection as the only response, though, I should consider alternatives.

Would it be okay if I squish the extra lines out of the way only when they would overwrite a link?  I should be able to figure out how many links there are to/from the selected stockpile...

Combining all three plugins would likely be a bit of a nightmare for you and Falconne, since you would create interdependencies between the three plugins. While that would probably result in the shortest (and potentially nicest) result, "you don't want to" [see his identification] (because of trouble).

Currently, I'm considering something like "Auto: Trade  Dump  Melt" where the three word colors indicate their selection status.  That way, each of the three plugins could write the "Auto:" part and its own word, leaving blank space where the other two plugins would write theirs.

The point is currently moot, though, unless and until auto-melting and auto-dumping from stockpiles get pulled from Falconne's fork into the main DFHack repository.
Is a "diety" the being pictured by one of those extremely skinny aboriginal statues?

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: August 19, 2014, 01:09:17 am »

I regularly get into trouble with the link list as I only have a netbook. I know I am sort of in the tails of the curve :/ (oh, and that was already with .34, though it continues with .40). I favor the "overwirte the DONE line" solution, though this might look more messy.

Dwarf Fortress can be played on a netbook‽

Well... sort of. If people complain about their "low" FPS of only 100 or so, I just smile and nod... it is playable until year 10 of a fort (well, was in .34.xx). I usually leave it running while doing other stuff and every hour or so see what the Dorfs are up to.

My current pull request overwrites the last three lines of the list, and sometimes the blank line below them, when all three plugins (stockflow, stocks, and autotrade) are enabled.  At the minimum height of 25 lines, that leaves at least five links visible.  Given a valid objection as the only response, though, I should consider alternatives.
Five links should be ok, if they were visible ...
checking, I believe some screen layout changed...
Wait a minute, wasn't the link list at the very bottom or am I confusing stuff? Sorry for causing the confusion, but I was sure (unable to check since the save is inaccessible at the moment) that the links were at the bottom and having more than, dunno, five or so would make the last ones disappear. In .40.09 the links start really at the top. Sorry for ( the confusion caused ) OR ( being confused myself )

Would it be okay if I squish the extra lines out of the way only when they would overwrite a link?  I should be able to figure out how many links there are to/from the selected stockpile...

Combining all three plugins would likely be a bit of a nightmare for you and Falconne, since you would create interdependencies between the three plugins. While that would probably result in the shortest (and potentially nicest) result, "you don't want to" [see his identification] (because of trouble).

Currently, I'm considering something like "Auto: Trade  Dump  Melt" where the three word colors indicate their selection status.  That way, each of the three plugins could write the "Auto:" part and its own word, leaving blank space where the other two plugins would write theirs.

The point is currently moot, though, unless and until auto-melting and auto-dumping from stockpiles get pulled from Falconne's fork into the main DFHack repository.

Actually the above solution sounds quite nice...
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 19, 2014, 10:53:23 am »

I notice something odd about the second world gen but it seems to generate nothing but Wars and conquering towns don't know if this is a case of say every night creature and forgotten beast up and dying but there's just a influx of war stories for the secondary world gen. sorry the second world gen just generates nothing but Conquests which are different from wars from that Conquest doesn't list armies.
So it's pretty much political figures moving into a spot saying they own the place and murdering the other figure head.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 11:25:21 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

breadman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 19, 2014, 11:40:50 am »

Five links should be ok, if they were visible ...
checking, I believe some screen layout changed...
Wait a minute, wasn't the link list at the very bottom or am I confusing stuff? Sorry for causing the confusion, but I was sure (unable to check since the save is inaccessible at the moment) that the links were at the bottom and having more than, dunno, five or so would make the last ones disappear. In .40.09 the links start really at the top. Sorry for ( the confusion caused ) OR ( being confused myself )

No, you're right, the layout changed.  In .34, the Done line was always on line 23, and the links started some number of lines from the bottom and worked their way up.  Yes, that means that even the default interface had collisions for certain screen sizes, and stockflow was well positioned up near the main menu.

Now in .40, the Done line is always near the bottom, and the links start just below the main menu and work their way down, paging before they would hit the Done line.  Nicer overall, but subtle enough that you don't notice the difference unless something else is being drawn on top.

kr0pper

• Bay Watcher
  • Coding is fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 19, 2014, 02:08:57 pm »

A little question about stockpiles and lua.

As I can see in stockflow.lua - stockpile is a bunch of tiles with special flags.
So, if I want to get all items in selected stockpile - I must flow through all "df.global.world.items.all" and compare their position/on_ground with coords of my stockpile' tiles?
There's no easiest way?
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 360