Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1077115 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.43.03-r1
« Reply #4785 on: September 30, 2016, 01:18:11 pm »

I have long believed that if Toady would just release the header files for DF the world would be a much nicer place...

The statement makes a lot more sense when you put the ‼ symbols on the fun.

I knew something was missing :P
I kinda found discovering the how stuff worked in this game Fun. led to some fun discoveries and dfhack scripts/plugins
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4786 on: September 30, 2016, 01:22:37 pm »

Reverse engineering something is an interesting intellectual exercise... The first time you do it. Maybe even the second time. When it needs to be done periodically for every new version of something it just becomes a chore.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4787 on: September 30, 2016, 01:57:51 pm »

In other news: I have discovered that "dfhack.gui.makeAnnouncement" (and a few related functions) do not work. The problem is that no matter what you pass for the position argument it will be the wrong type. (...)
This was already discussed on Github, but for anyone who didn't check, the problem was with the second argument (flags):
df.announcement_flags.D_DISPLAY

It should be {D_DISPLAY=true} or {[df.announcement_flags.D_DISPLAY]=true}.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

zenos14

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.13-r1
« Reply #4788 on: September 30, 2016, 04:28:32 pm »

Thanks. I had to dig around for how to access some of the relevant data, but this was enough for me to put together a toggleaquifer script that suits my purposes. It seems that the rock/soil type does not in fact need to be tagged as aquifer for this to work, and in particular the veins and inclusions can be made into aquifer. So, it was necessary to test that the tiletype is not MineralWall. I also added checks for surrounding open blocks, so that exposed edges don't begin to leak. (Though it is amusing for a slope to just start leaking all over the landscape.)

This was years ago but does anyone have something similar?
Tiletypes can remove the aquifer flag but when you try to create on it just seems to make a damp wall
I got a project I want to try to work on, but I'll need an actual aquifer for it

« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 04:41:33 pm by zenos14 »

mross

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4789 on: October 03, 2016, 10:21:21 pm »

Where's the version for 40.05?

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4790 on: October 03, 2016, 10:48:57 pm »

There isn't one. It wasn't until v0.40.13 that they got it working with DF v0.40.

If you want DFHack for Dwarf Fortress v0.43.05, then you will need to compile it from the develop branch located here: https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/tree/develop

There's instructions on compiling here: https://dfhack.readthedocs.io/en/stable/docs/Compile.html

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4791 on: October 03, 2016, 11:19:34 pm »

It was 0.40.08, actually: https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases/tag/0.40.08-r2

We just didn't start uploading builds to Github until 0.40.13.

Also, for compiling the develop branch, you want https://dfhack.readthedocs.io/en/latest/docs/Compile.html instead. The "stable" branch in the docs corresponds to the master branch of the repo, which is still for 0.43.03, and the build system changed substantially between 0.43.03 and 0.43.05.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4792 on: October 04, 2016, 12:30:44 am »

Linux is nice and easy, git clone *dfhack addy*, cd dfhack, git checkout develop, git submodule --init, cd build, ccmake .., configure it for 64 bit architecture, generate and exit, make install, wait.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4793 on: October 04, 2016, 12:44:55 am »

Linux is nice and easy, git clone *dfhack addy*, cd dfhack, git checkout develop, git submodule --init, cd build, ccmake .., configure it for 64 bit architecture, generate and exit, make install, wait.
Linux is nice and easy*

* easy when it works
* nice when you are used to building stuff for yourself
* when it does not break in some arcane way

:D

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4794 on: October 04, 2016, 01:19:45 am »

If this was a reply to me, the Linux build instructions changed too. It's mostly just recommending GCC 4.8 instead of 4.5 now, but there are a couple other changes that could cause people issues if they try using old instructions to build DFHack for 0.43.05.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4795 on: October 04, 2016, 02:15:45 am »

Yar, the gcc changes are quite welcome too. I was trying to get edb working to poke at some of the missing symbols but it's too far into eldritch territory still.
Linux is nice and easy*

* easy when it works
* nice when you are used to building stuff for yourself
* when it does not break in some arcane way

:D
Well, as I say, if you can play df, you can install linux... though I don't remember how I installed arch anymore, but just from checking the latest and stable docs both have the same info, clone > checkout dev > cmake/ccmake > build. Same info in the compile.rst on github.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4796 on: October 04, 2016, 12:38:17 pm »

So with one of the more recent game updates the option for stacking syndromes became available. I was wondering if anyone has looked into adding that functionality into modtools/add-syndrome?

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4797 on: October 05, 2016, 04:14:01 pm »

Is the workflow / work flow plugin being phased out now that vanilla has something similar?

I thought this had been mentioned before but couldn't find anything in the last 2 dozen pages of this thread. Then I checked PE's thread, which is pretty much general DF chat, and found some discussion related to this. (attached below)

Looks like the Workflow plugin isn't working either. I'm messing with the new manager jobs and conditions system thats new in 43.xx, which pretty much replaces Workflow anyway (or would if i could work the darn thing out), so all good.

Workflow plugin has been removed for exactly that reason, actually.
It wasn't removed - PE just took out the keybindings for it.
Actually the keybindings were removed upstream, by the DFHack maintainers.  The plugin still exists. I will however remove the launcher option for Workflow to prevent further confusion.

Oh, yeah, that was Eswald that removed the bindings. I don't know if anyone has done a full analysis of whether workflow/stockflow can be removed entirely or not yet.

If I could figure out how to use the new management system to enable limits I'd happily give up on workflow.. in the meantime, for those happy with the constant log spam when workers run out of resources, here's how to enable it (with thanks to the poster in the dfhack thread):

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.43.03-r03!
As usual, you can get it here.

This update checks off a range of new and old bugs, along with some new bugs caused by old bugs.  Fun all round.
Hopefully I won't find anything else that needs fixing before a 64bit pack is ready with 43.05... or perhaps a later version.  Time to strike the earth!

0.43.03-r03
 - DungeonSet: can select in launcher, change on saves correctly, better text tileset
 - updated Armok Vision (bugfix)
 - added Therapist config (absent due to subtle old bug)
 - fixed SoundSense log config
- removed Workflow option in launcher (replaced by vanilla manager upgrade)

SHA256:  e2de47c4ec181ad3de39ab403bd6354c3a92e394273cb34bd0f231205ddfb956

If you want to say thanks, check out Toady's Patreon, or even mine!  ;D

Thanks PE, as always you're amazing

EDIT: Now that i've got the manager stuff working nicely with repeatable jobs and conditions, i haven't found any uses yet for needing Workflow at all so far, so more than happy to use the built in one

It's still useful for somethings the new work order conditions can't seem to handle like milling plants or processing into bags of leaves (although I don't think even workflow can deal with leaves). Dumping filled buckets doesn't hurt either.

No reason for it to be up front and center though.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4798 on: October 05, 2016, 05:07:23 pm »

Short summary: 

Most of the functions of the Workflow plugin can now be accomplished by the vanilla manager.  Everyone is therefore trying to strike a balance between keep it available for crusty old players (eg me), while encouraging new players to use the manager and old players to switch.  I imagine workflow will be kept until it breaks in a particularly annoying way, and then it'll be easy to delete.

- DFHack kept Workflow, but removed the keybindings
- I removed the GUI option to enable workflow (so you need the console now), but kept the keybinds so it's easy once enabled.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4799 on: October 05, 2016, 05:35:01 pm »

Thank you! That's very helpful.
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 360