Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1079374 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.08-r2
« Reply #480 on: August 19, 2014, 02:12:32 pm »

Hi guys, can someone please update me which DFHack scripts were already updated to 0.40.08? Is advfort up to date? It would help my Wanderer mod a lot.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #481 on: August 19, 2014, 03:51:19 pm »

I'd like to add a second question to that: Does this r2 release only have ReactiobTrigger using registration, or does it have both this new system abd the old AutoSyndrome and SyndromeTrigger together?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: August 19, 2014, 03:53:45 pm »

What happened to your 'n' key, Meph? :)
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #483 on: August 19, 2014, 03:59:32 pm »

I am the worlds crappiest typer when I have to use my phone. Large hands vs tiny phone, hands win, phone loses. ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Eko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: August 19, 2014, 07:56:10 pm »

So, I know it has been said so many times that it can't be done, but I just want to keep banging my head against a wall with this.  I really want to explore all options to see what I can do with it.

I want to invalidate buildings when they aren't where I want them. 
This has a very specific purpose for me, I really want to force buildings to be built over water.  I thought with DFHack, that maybe if I grabbed building location, used some stuff from tiletypes to see if there is a water source under the building, and then (if I can find the hex) invalidate/validate the building appropriately. 

I know, a lot to do, and running it on every building placement might slow things down, but I really want to get this, if it is possible. 

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: August 19, 2014, 08:05:00 pm »

Try looking at the outsideonly plugin, see if that helps.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

PotatoHaulerBlu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: August 19, 2014, 08:36:13 pm »

help friends, stonesense overlay command freezes :(

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: August 19, 2014, 09:09:12 pm »

I'd like to add a second question to that: Does this r2 release only have ReactiobTrigger using registration, or does it have both this new system abd the old AutoSyndrome and SyndromeTrigger together?

Right now it's only the new system with registration. When I get around to it I'll make a temporary port of the old system.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: August 19, 2014, 09:53:01 pm »

Yeah, stonesense is really buggy right nw.

Does it freeze on the first or second ime you open it?

PotatoHaulerBlu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: August 20, 2014, 12:09:54 am »

Yeah, stonesense is really buggy right nw.

Does it freeze on the first or second ime you open it?

stonesense works but not the in-game overlay it just crashes dunno why. also it doesnt work with the newest version of masterwork either for me. so I dunno. but regular stonesense works for both. I guess thats somethin,

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: August 20, 2014, 01:49:47 am »

My current pull request overwrites the last three lines of the list, and sometimes the blank line below them, when all three plugins (stockflow, stocks, and autotrade) are enabled.  At the minimum height of 25 lines, that leaves at least five links visible.  Given a valid objection as the only response, though, I should consider alternatives.
Five links should be ok, if they were visible ...
checking, I believe some screen layout changed...
Wait a minute, wasn't the link list at the very bottom or am I confusing stuff? Sorry for causing the confusion, but I was sure (unable to check since the save is inaccessible at the moment) that the links were at the bottom and having more than, dunno, five or so would make the last ones disappear. In .40.09 the links start really at the top. Sorry for ( the confusion caused ) OR ( being confused myself )

No, you're right, the layout changed.  In .34, the Done line was always on line 23, and the links started some number of lines from the bottom and worked their way up.  Yes, that means that even the default interface had collisions for certain screen sizes, and stockflow was well positioned up near the main menu.

Now in .40, the Done line is always near the bottom, and the links start just below the main menu and work their way down, paging before they would hit the Done line.  Nicer overall, but subtle enough that you don't notice the difference unless something else is being drawn on top.

... which means it is overwritten by dfhack now:
j: no job selected

overwrites the second link

Edit: I don't want to come across like an overly demanding maddwarf, soon to be drowned in MAGMA...
To all developers and testers: Thank you very much, you make the world better (and less productive ;) )
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 02:25:35 am by gunpowdertea »
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #491 on: August 20, 2014, 02:51:56 am »

So, I know it has been said so many times that it can't be done, but I just want to keep banging my head against a wall with this.  I really want to explore all options to see what I can do with it.

I want to invalidate buildings when they aren't where I want them. 
This has a very specific purpose for me, I really want to force buildings to be built over water.  I thought with DFHack, that maybe if I grabbed building location, used some stuff from tiletypes to see if there is a water source under the building, and then (if I can find the hex) invalidate/validate the building appropriately. 

I know, a lot to do, and running it on every building placement might slow things down, but I really want to get this, if it is possible.
I have a script that restricts reactions, they only work if water is under or next to the workshop. You can still build the building where you like, but the reactions wont work. Would that help you?

expwnent: Before you do extra work, I will try with registration and see how it goes. You mentioned a script a while ago that automatically reads out raws and creates the correct syntax? That would be fine, no need for you to port stuff before I at least have tested the new system. If you and Roses say its amazing, who am I to not us it. ;)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 03:09:58 am by Meph »

Armeleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 20, 2014, 03:26:20 am »

I tried installing DF Hack on my Windows a while back, never could get it to work. But I want to try again. I don't know how I can mess up simple instructions, but somehow I do. If anyone can help that would be great!

Here's what I've done: 1-Downloaded the File. 2-Extracted into the DF main file level (so the DF 40_08_legacy runnable and most recent Hack runnable are at the same file level). 3-Ran DF like normal.

Nothing happens. DF loads, but there is no Hack. I don't know why. Any suggestions?
Playing since 2007

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: August 20, 2014, 03:42:57 am »

At any time, did it ask you if you want to overwrite sdl.dll?

Armeleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: August 20, 2014, 03:52:48 am »

At any time, did it ask you if you want to overwrite sdl.dll?

Ah, no. I downloaded Legacy. Downloading the SDL version had it work. I must have missed that little bit. Thanks for clearing that up. It works great now.
Playing since 2007
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 360