Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1078724 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.43.03-r1
« Reply #4875 on: October 22, 2016, 07:01:09 am »

so future studies show that with dfhacking you can work on a project for around under 30 hours. the accurate time Might be a lil more than that but the game will cancel the construction if you put in 42 hours in.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4876 on: October 22, 2016, 09:48:57 am »

Do you mean in-game hours (i.e. messing with the fields you were talking about)?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4877 on: October 22, 2016, 03:58:01 pm »

Do you mean in-game hours (i.e. messing with the fields you were talking about)?
in game hours for building stuff in adventure mode.

anon_46 is the hours the player going to work and
anon_47 is the hours cap which rises and lowers depending on anon_45, but it's capped at 16 hours.
messing with 47 allows you to increase the cap limit and then set the hours as you wish, messing with 46 changes the hours planned and probably go over the cap, I haven't testing this.
there also anon_45 which is the print total for how man hours needed to complete the project and probably affects anon_47 until it goes past 16 which by that point it just a total.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4878 on: October 23, 2016, 12:33:24 am »

What changes when you have companions?

xordae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4879 on: October 23, 2016, 02:58:44 am »

Been using the 32-bit version of DFHack for 0.43.05 for a couple of days now. No crashes and no weirdness so far, the save seems fine.

I miss 'fixdiplomats' though.. have a sneaking suspicion that the Elves have stopped visiting.

A bit of weirdness I noticed. When using the (e)nhanced stocks screen, the selections seem a little inconsistent. I can for example input a search term for 'silver', select to modify the whole list and do (M)elt, but I can't reverse that order. I have to select to modify one item at a time and un-check each one.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 03:00:22 am by xordae »

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #4880 on: October 23, 2016, 08:09:19 am »

I miss 'fixdiplomats' though.. have a sneaking suspicion that the Elves have stopped visiting.
There are two problems with that statement:
1. Fixdiplomats still exists, just under the new name "fix/diplomats" because it was converted from a plugin to a Lua script
2. Elves already have diplomats, so even if you run "fix/diplomats", it won't actually do anything.

If you're not seeing their diplomats, you either haven't met the criteria (having a Baron) or there's a bug preventing them from arriving.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4881 on: October 23, 2016, 11:02:47 am »

companions just divide the time it takes for you to build stuff, I haven't found a way to quickly build stuff yet as I was working on passing the time through construction manipulation.
I guess there might be a way to pump the number high enough.
at this point I'm kinda focused on night trolls and if resurrection would cure a mate's curse or not.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4882 on: October 23, 2016, 01:32:07 pm »

I'm embarked in goblin camp. Where are some campfires and they are killing my FPS! How I can destroy them(with DFHack or not no matter).
Please! It's really good embark and I don't want to loose it to FPS!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4883 on: October 23, 2016, 05:17:45 pm »

gui/gm-editor df.global.world.fires then go into uh, I assume it's an all entry, then delete the campfire entries, 0, 1, 2, etc. Then use tiletypes paint s floor to remove the ashes tile.
companions just divide the time it takes for you to build stuff, I haven't found a way to quickly build stuff yet as I was working on passing the time through construction manipulation.
I guess there might be a way to pump the number high enough.
at this point I'm kinda focused on night trolls and if resurrection would cure a mate's curse or not.
I'd check myself but I don't see linux 64 bit ui_advmode symbols yet.

redsector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4884 on: October 25, 2016, 05:45:46 am »

Hey,

apologies if this is the wrong place to report/ask, not sure if it's a bug, but I ran into a problem with the teleport script in the DFhack 0.43.05 alpha release, Windows build, both x32 and x64 versions.

* first of all, the showpos and showunitid args work fine.
* specifying teleport coords without a unit Id does nothing, there's no error, but no actual teleporting of the unit under the cursor either
* providing a unit ID (with or without coordinates, doesn't matter) results in the following error:

Invoking: teleport -unit 7911 -x 142 -y 43 -z 162
...43_05_win_64-bit_(recommended)/hack/scripts/teleport.lua:53: Cannot write field unit.find(): integer expected.
stack traceback:
   [C]: in field 'find'
   ...43_05_win_64-bit_(recommended)/hack/scripts/teleport.lua:53: in local 'f'
   ...5-\df_43_05_win_64-bit_(recommended)\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:562: in function 'dfhack.run_script_with_env'
   (...tail calls...)

I'm kinda puzzled and would appreciate any help. Despite being a long-time player (just returned after a 2 years pause to try the new DF release), I've actually never used DFhack before, so feel free to tell me in case I was simply too dumb to use it correctly.

(FYI, I want to use the teleport script to fix the invisible caravan bug using this workaround: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=159297.0)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4885 on: October 25, 2016, 07:52:28 am »

Try replacing hack/scripts/teleport.lua with the latest script from https://github.com/DFHack/scripts/blob/master/teleport.lua

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4886 on: October 25, 2016, 12:13:46 pm »

I finally got sapling deletion working, here is what I ended up with:

Code: [Select]
-- Install a periodic ticker that kills saplings over a certain count.

do return end -- Remove this once I figure out a good way to calculate a sapling limit.

-- TODO: Change the way this works:
-- Rather than set a sapling limit set a tree limit. At the game start get a tree count, then use that
-- (plus a few) as the tree cap. Then if there are more trees than the limit delete all saplings, else
-- allow saplings to grow as they will. This will preserve the relative amount of trees on the map at
-- all times. If you embark in a heavily forested biome it will always be heavily forested, while grass
-- lands will remain mostly grass.

-- How many saplings to leave alive on the surface.
local livecount = 25

local function treeTicker()
-- Get a list of all the saplings on the map.
local plants = df.global.world.plants.all
local saplings = {}
for i = 0, #plants - 1, 1 do
local plant = plants[i]
local ttype = dfhack.map.getTileType(plant.pos)
if not plant.flags.is_shrub and df.tiletype.attrs[ttype].shape == df.tiletype_shape["SAPLING"] and df.tiletype.attrs[ttype].special ~= df.tiletype_special["DEAD"] then
-- plant is a live sapling...
if df.tiletype.attrs[dfhack.map.getTileType(plant.pos.x, plant.pos.y, plant.pos.z-1)].material == df.tiletype_material["SOIL"] then
-- ...growing in a soil layer (probably the surface).
table.insert(saplings, {i = i, ref = plant})
end
end
end

-- Choose random saplings to delete...
local del = {}
for #saplings > livecount do
local i = math.random(1, #saplings)
local plant = saplings[i]
table.insert(del, plant)
table.remove(saplings, i)
end

-- ...and sort the list in reverse order by index in plants.all
table.sort(del, function(a, b)
return a.i > b.i
end)

-- Finally delete the selected saplings.
for _, plant in ipairs(del) do
local block = dfhack.maps.ensureTileBlock(plant.pos.x, plant.pos.y, plant.pos.z)
block.tiletype[plant.pos.x%16][plant.pos.y%16] = df.tiletype["SoilFloor1"]

-- The list is high indexes to low indexes, so we can just delete from the list without fear of messing up later indexes.
df.global.world.plants.all:erase(plant.i)

-- Plants do not have an ID number, so we need to compare them based on location.

for j = 0, #df.global.world.plants.tree_dry - 1, 1 do
if same_xyz(df.global.world.plants.tree_dry[j].pos, plant.ref.pos) then
df.global.world.plants.tree_dry:erase(j)
break
end
end

for j = 0, #df.global.world.plants.tree_wet - 1, 1 do
if same_xyz(df.global.world.plants.tree_wet[j].pos, plant.ref.pos) then
df.global.world.plants.tree_wet:erase(j)
break
end
end

plant.ref:delete()
end

-- Every 60 seconds (at 100 FPS) should be fast enough.
    dfhack.timeout(6000, 'ticks', treeTicker)
end
treeTicker()

Obviously I am still not done with it yet, but the "delete sapling" part seems to work correctly.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

redsector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4887 on: October 25, 2016, 06:26:58 pm »

Try replacing hack/scripts/teleport.lua with the latest script from https://github.com/DFHack/scripts/blob/master/teleport.lua

Yep, that one works! Now I just hope that I actually fixed my invisible caravan problem, preferably without messing up anything else.

Thank you very much for your help!

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4888 on: October 29, 2016, 06:10:43 pm »

Good news: Ruby should finally work on 64-bit Windows now! Also, a lot of Ruby issues have been fixed recently, so it should be more stable, particularly in the 64-bit build on all platforms. Hopefully there can be a release up in the next couple of days, but feel free to test the current develop branch in the meantime if you like.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4889 on: October 29, 2016, 10:07:29 pm »

Gotta love it when you can do the full git clone/checkout/build/make chain from memory at this point.
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 360