Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1078686 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.43.03-r1
« Reply #4890 on: October 29, 2016, 10:30:43 pm »

You shouldn't have to do the full thing more than once. My clone is at least two years old (although I don't know exactly how old, because I migrated to a new system a couple months ago). You might need a new build folder if you screw something up, but I reuse my build folders. I did have to make multiple folders when DFHack started supporting x64, but I haven't had to recreate them since.

Windows is another story, but you ought to still be able to keep at least your clone around between builds. There are a couple issues related to Visual Studio deciding to rebuild a large part of DFHack, maybe due to protobuf, and maybe fixed with recent commits, but that's mainly an annoyance.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4891 on: October 29, 2016, 11:06:18 pm »

Well I was screwing around trying to see if I could find some of the last symbols (my kingdom for linux 64 bit ui_advmode) so I had moved folders around to access them with edb and figured a clean rm -r before a new build wouldn't hurt.

Goatmaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4892 on: November 01, 2016, 11:05:37 am »

Can someone please tell me dfhack command to clear the dead missing list?
I'm still on 40.19 (r2 lnp).
2 game years after enabling Large Address Aware I've ran into the "Nemisis unit load failure" and I'm pretty sure Anvillocked is doomed.
I'm open to ANY suggestions at this point.
There is no backup.
I do have another retired fort, but retirement/ unretire of Anvillocked will be a nasty thing.

Goatmaan
My !!XXcpuXX!! *HATES* me.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4893 on: November 01, 2016, 02:39:11 pm »

I think that error is due to missing or corrupted unit files, which probably wouldn't be fixed by clearing the dead list (since I can't think of much reason for the game to load dead units), but I could be wrong.

The command appears to be fix/dead-units.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Goatmaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4894 on: November 01, 2016, 11:04:53 pm »

From what I've read, Anvillocked is doomed.  Seven days after the save point, on 1114/00//12 BOOM!!!! Nemisis load fail.
42 years game time.
22 months realtime, almost 1 year at 3 fps, killed by a corrupt save!? Well...hmn.
No time to train the 50 more squads, 10 will have to do.
75 miners will be ordered to dig down.
No time left to spiral them(GRRRR!!!! Was wanting to watch THAT!!
.), the clowns will get the job.
 Dammit. 2X.
Always planned on killimg them all, just thought I'd have more time.
Guess the dead is dead part is over, time to make a backup to post.
Then I kill them. All 938 of them. (836 adults, 99 children, 3 babes)
So close to 1000 adults, yet so far!!!!
Baa, stupid bugs.

*Extremely frustrated*,
      XXGoatmaanXX

Ps. lethosor thanks for the command, I have to try it (or anything else!) I'm pretty sure it's the Elvan diplomat who needs to enter, but he got FUBAR'd last visit!!  I have 1 dead elven merchant on the dead missing list....after I copy the save, I'll try EVERYTHING anyone can think of, but hope is slim, very slim. GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!
Who's got the sewer brew ??!! I need a drink!! Just leave the barrel, please.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 11:43:54 pm by Goatmaan »

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #4895 on: November 02, 2016, 07:43:36 am »

It might be possible to find the matching historical figure / nemesis record and alter it so maybe the game doesn't try to load the unit record (which is what generates the error), though determining exactly which one (assuming it's only one) is at fault would require careful analysis of your save file - upload a copy to DFFD and someone here might be able to help you.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Goatmaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4896 on: November 02, 2016, 12:00:43 pm »

Thanks Quietust, I'm officially boned.  :'(

What file specifically do I need to upload?
Region1 uncompressed is 1.3 GB.
World.sav uncompressed is 791 MB.

I've never compressed a file. Guess I'll have to now!
I also don't have net access at home so I'll have to take a flashdrive to the library. Hopefully they'll let me upload the monster.
Anything else?

I'm seriously considering retiring/unretiring to see if I can jump past the elves (invasions are off, gotta be them. Caverns unbreached) but Anvillocked has very high item counts, if they scatter...

Thanks for the help,
  Goatmaan

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4897 on: November 02, 2016, 06:17:30 pm »

Quote from: Toady One in response to an offset export flag
Global variables can work like that, and we should have something there for next time.
Is good?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #4898 on: November 02, 2016, 06:25:59 pm »

What file specifically do I need to upload?
Region1 uncompressed is 1.3 GB.
World.sav uncompressed is 791 MB.
The entire region1 folder. Compress it with 7-Zip (make a ".7z" file, not a ".zip" file) and it'll take a lot less time to upload to DFFD.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4899 on: November 04, 2016, 03:48:53 am »

I believe there should be an RNG seed controlling how each region is generated somewhere in the structures but I've been unable to locate it. Does anyone know if it's known and where to find it?

I'm trying to find the seed to manipulate it into generating a region map for an intended embark such that the biomes of each of the surrounding world map tiles plus the embark world map tile can be found officially within a single 3*3 embark area somewhere in that 16*16 embark tile region.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4900 on: November 04, 2016, 03:53:11 am »

df.global.world.worldgen_parms.seed

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #4901 on: November 04, 2016, 06:36:37 am »

df.global.world.worldgen_parms.seed
That's for the entire world - if you want seeds for each region tile, you probably want world_region_details.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4902 on: November 04, 2016, 08:05:20 am »

Thanks for the suggestions, but neither is what I'm after. I'm looking for the step in between, i.e. the region, rather than the world or the region tile.
As far as I've seen, the world_region_details structure contains the info for the currently selected (pre embark, embarked at, or, at a guess, the corresponding thing in adventure mode) world region, but the data doesn't exist in this structure when focus is elsewhere (it's populated by what's in that focus). Thus, my conclusion is that this structure is generated from a mid level seed for each world tile tucked away somewhere (or this structure is loaded from a store somewhere else, but that doesn't match the generation pattern I believe I see in DF). If I mess with the region parameters and change focus back and forth, the region is back to the way it was before I manipulated it. Embarking in a manipulated region will retain the manipulations at the embark level (specifying which biomes each of the 9 embark tiles of a 3*3 should have), but retiring and reclaiming shows the world region as it was before I manipulated it (but the reclaimed embark remain as it it was, i.e. affected by the manipulation).

Edit: I tried Putnam's approach to see if the region seeds were somehow derived from the world main seed, but it had no effect on region generation.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 04:31:07 am by PatrikLundell »

Aelius51

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4903 on: November 05, 2016, 04:30:44 pm »

Getting a crash with Stonesense enabled. I uploaded the save on DFFD and in the description I elaborated on the nature of the crash.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4904 on: November 09, 2016, 02:04:05 pm »

I was trying to make a artifact mod, with weapons and armor that can only be created with a mood, and that said artifacts are magical, but there were problems
  • it seems to work when the items are picked up, not actually wielded or worn
  • it seems to stop working when the items are put down, but it doesn't end the syndromes. the speed boots continued to speed up people after they put it down
  • the weapons that are supposed to put syndromes on hit enemies don't work
  • none of the things that would require locations work(the hellhammer can't create a hfs-pit on a hit enemy, or create a summoned demon)
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 360