Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1078496 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.43.03-r1
« Reply #5010 on: December 12, 2016, 09:55:31 pm »

okay trying to see if I can fix the crash that would happen if you play on a dfhack spawn site in fort mode
and hit a snag on trying to insert a pointer to unk_188 in the site.
edit: so uhh just copied the unk_188 of another site and now need to see if this fix the seasonal bug with fort mode on dfhack made sites.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 02:58:49 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5011 on: December 13, 2016, 11:38:31 am »

server online again: http://dwarffort.duckdns.org/

Now experimenting with tilesets... Anyone know how to color images correctly?

Edit: Okay finally done... The result is: first draw with normal tiles, then draw "source-atop" tile colors and then draw "destination-over" backgrounds.
Next maybe ajax? though don't really want to :/
This is how it looks like, when the server will go down to see:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Next idea: arena mode - each client gets a dwarf which fights in arena, you could buy items etc... Would get money for victories. Also you could probably direct where should the dwarf move... Maybe, i'm not sure...

EDIT: NOW WITH ANIMATED CANVAS
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 01:56:24 pm by Warmist »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5012 on: December 13, 2016, 03:18:35 pm »

okay trying to see if I can fix the crash that would happen if you play on a dfhack spawn site in fort mode
and hit a snag on trying to insert a pointer to unk_188 in the site.
edit: so uhh just copied the unk_188 of another site and now need to see if this fix the seasonal bug with fort mode on dfhack made sites.
To help a bit more with this, crosspost from the adventurer threads, a pre-existing zone from an adventurer site seems to cause a crash any time visitors arrive in fort mode trying to go to the camp zone. Get "succession traveler placed out of bounds" type errors and poof game crashes to desktop.

Delete the camp zones before putting a fort on top.

hagger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5013 on: December 13, 2016, 05:25:23 pm »

Hi all,

I'm getting a crash whenever I try and run the adaptation script. I've tried pretty much all possible arguments, and DF just goes down once I enter that command.

I'm on x64, Windows 10, can try and get more details/upload a save if required. I've had a little poke around, and it seems to write the following to stderr in the df folder:

Code: [Select]
FirstCall()
Initized HOOKS!

I've never used this script before, so don't know expected functionality or anything, but I'm guessing crashes aren't expected hehe.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5014 on: December 13, 2016, 06:22:07 pm »

Log information is appended to the end of stderr.log. That's status information that DFHack logs on startup.

Anyway, adaptation is a Ruby script, so it's probably https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/issues/1023, which we already know about. I don't think anyone's mentioned that script, though, so I'll add it to the list. Thanks!
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5015 on: December 14, 2016, 05:31:14 am »

hmm wonder if it's possible to generate a world that has one long road on a flat surface in the woods and to cram as many dwarves into a minecart and have online players send in push commands to the cart.
as an idea for warmist duckdns df
edit: thinking about a DF version of chicken where everyone shaking the minecart and seeing who going to chicken out last,
considering you could jump out of the minecart
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 05:34:41 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

hagger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5016 on: December 14, 2016, 07:03:59 am »

Log information is appended to the end of stderr.log. That's status information that DFHack logs on startup.

Anyway, adaptation is a Ruby script, so it's probably https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/issues/1023, which we already know about. I don't think anyone's mentioned that script, though, so I'll add it to the list. Thanks!

cool, no problem! and thanks for the info. I'll just fix cave adaptation in soldiers the old-school way, by stationing them outside until they stop puking. Ahhh, Dwarf Fortess.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5017 on: December 14, 2016, 09:26:15 am »

cool, no problem! and thanks for the info. I'll just fix cave adaptation in soldiers the old-school way, by stationing them outside until they stop puking. Ahhh, Dwarf Fortess.
Does that work? I always thought that once you get cave adaptation it's there for all times.

DanielCoffey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5018 on: December 14, 2016, 11:24:22 am »

Fortunately not according to the wiki... being "outside" will cause cave adaptaion to wear off (with possible vomiting and unhappy thoughts), being "indoors but light" will not affect adaptation either way and being "inside and dark" (below ground) will increase adaptation.
Caselabs S8 : Intel i5-12600K / 64Gb DDR4 3600 / Asus 1080 Ti / Samsung 980PRO 1Tb / Dell U2715H 27" 2560x1440 / Corsair AX1200i / APC SMT1500I / Windows 11

Caselabs X2M NAS 24Tb : Intel i3-8300 / 32Gb DDR4 3000 / ASUS ROG Strix H370-I / 4x WD Red 8Tb, Samsung 960PRO 1Tb / Corsair AX860i / APC SMT1000I / unRAID Plus 6.11.5

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5019 on: December 14, 2016, 11:51:08 am »

By the way, ab9rf should have fixed that issue. Turns out accessing globals on Win64 would always crash, because addresses were getting truncated somewhere in the Ruby API.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5020 on: December 14, 2016, 12:11:44 pm »

What causes visitors to display that they're ready to leave (it seems they have a path for a meeting with the edge, but something ought to cause them to set up that path in the first place)? I've failed to find it, and I'd like to hack units that have overstayed their welcome by several years (causing scandals by running around naked as well as uselessly using up a visitor slot) to nudge them to depart.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5021 on: December 14, 2016, 02:25:54 pm »

Here is a new alpha release, with the Ruby fix (and several other fixes): https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases/tag/0.43.05-alpha3

Do keep reporting issues that come up, although hopefully there are fewer now.

What causes visitors to display that they're ready to leave (it seems they have a path for a meeting with the edge, but something ought to cause them to set up that path in the first place)? I've failed to find it, and I'd like to hack units that have overstayed their welcome by several years (causing scandals by running around naked as well as uselessly using up a visitor slot) to nudge them to depart.
I can't answer this well myself (maybe someone else can), but I did fairly minimal research into visitors when that version of DF came out, and I don't remember seeing a lot done by other people, so it's possible that nobody has discovered the relevant structure(s) yet (or they've been mapped but not named, which would make things a lot easier). It definitely seems like something unit-specific, so maybe look for unit fields added around 0.42.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5022 on: December 14, 2016, 02:50:23 pm »

What does:  ui_advmode: aligned enough so that it doesn't crash (64-bit OS X/Linux) mean? The symbols are still missing or was it not merged from the symbols where that was changed?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5023 on: December 14, 2016, 03:31:11 pm »

It means that I fixed the layout of the ui_advmode type. The address is available on OS X, but the layout is the same on Linux, so once the address is located there, it should be more stable.

It's also possible that the address originally couldn't be found on Linux because the layout was bad.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5024 on: December 14, 2016, 04:16:18 pm »

Ahhhh, I was super confused when I pulled it up and started looking through the symbols and such, makes sense.
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 360