Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1073339 times)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.43.03-r1
« Reply #5235 on: February 25, 2017, 08:01:52 am »

Just a note for anyone doing release builds of DFHack - please include the documentation!  It's dead easy if you have Python installed, and for new users an undocumented feature basically doesn't exist.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5236 on: March 01, 2017, 10:09:50 am »

okay discovered you could trigger getting into fast travel by going into the sleep confirm menu in advmode ui,
all you need to do then is wait know what here's warmist portal.lua script for writing delay timing for teleporting
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5237 on: March 01, 2017, 07:51:36 pm »

Yeah, I was trying to do that but if you try to force the quest log to open as well it crashes, but I was able to make questport send you where you point the cursor on the quest map whether you're on foot or in travel mode.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5238 on: March 01, 2017, 09:32:21 pm »

What are you referring to by "DFHack auto-startup"? If you mean the fact that the DFHack console opens when you open DF, you can avoid this on Linux and OS X by running the "df" script instead of "dfhack". On Windows, you can rename SDL.dll to something else, then rename SDLreal.dll to SDL.dll (and reverse the process to re-enable DFHack).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Ragnoff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5239 on: March 03, 2017, 04:13:57 pm »

Not sure if this is the correct thread. I was trying to use the Planning Mode for furniture, doors, tables and chairs.  I check that any material and quality is allowed.  after 8 or so tables were placed shortly after startup, the rest has sat for several seasons.  There were idle dwarfs, but no one installed the furniture.  I am using workflow, and I save and restart often as I do not have a long time to play at any one setting, so the planned furniture would have been a great benefit if it had worked. Am I missing something obvious or is it bugged? Using the latest version of LBP

Any help is appreciated!
I am Ulm (Dominions games 406 & 407)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5240 on: March 03, 2017, 11:09:51 pm »

What DFHack version are you using? It should be logged in the console on startup, and on the title screen.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5241 on: March 04, 2017, 05:03:42 am »

Not sure if this is the correct thread. I was trying to use the Planning Mode for furniture, doors, tables and chairs.  I check that any material and quality is allowed.  after 8 or so tables were placed shortly after startup, the rest has sat for several seasons.  There were idle dwarfs, but no one installed the furniture.  I am using workflow, and I save and restart often as I do not have a long time to play at any one setting, so the planned furniture would have been a great benefit if it had worked. Am I missing something obvious or is it bugged? Using the latest version of LBP

Any help is appreciated!
I've noticed this too in dfhack 43.05 beta1 when I reload a saved game from the main menu after having exited out of another one. It seems to go away if I restart the dwarf fortress executable itself, and the dwarves resume placing the queued furniture.
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

ab9rf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ab9rf@github
« Reply #5242 on: March 04, 2017, 01:04:52 pm »

Any help is appreciated!
I've noticed this too in dfhack 43.05 beta1 when I reload a saved game from the main menu after having exited out of another one. It seems to go away if I restart the dwarf fortress executable itself, and the dwarves resume placing the queued furniture.
Planning mode was bugged in early 43.05 alphas. I thought it was fixed in the beta, but maybe we missed something.

Ragnoff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5243 on: March 06, 2017, 01:01:23 am »

Using the LNP, DFHack 0.43.03.-r1-0-g9889379

Not sure if/when the LNP will update, but not confident in cobbling together my own version.

Ragnoff
I am Ulm (Dominions games 406 & 407)

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
« Reply #5244 on: March 06, 2017, 02:01:29 pm »

Hello,

I'm running DFHack version 0.43.03-r1 (release) on Windows 10 (the console says Warning: Plugin RemoteFortressReader compiled for DFHack 0.34.11-r3-3104-g58ed20b running DFHack 0.43.03-r1-0-g9889379) with Dwarf Fortress 0.43.03, 32 bit.

It looks like the happiness meter at the bottom right is report different happiness than Dwarf Therapist (37.0.0). Right after the embark it says this:

Spoiler: DFHack hapiness report (click to show/hide)

I think that Dwarf Therapist has the right values. Why does the Happiness meter show something else?
I stream most of my DF sessions: gaming.youtube/nagidal146, they are archived on my youtube channel. (Dwarf Fortress Tutorials)

Thorfinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5245 on: March 06, 2017, 04:48:11 pm »

Not that big of a deal. DFHack has the lowest category at negative numbers, Therapist goes with non-positive (so includes zero). I don't know that the basic game tells you which, if either, is "correct".

I haven't actually looked all that hard for it in completely vanilla 43.05, but neither have I bumped into it. I've just been eyeballing the description to see how many satisfied, unfocused, unfettered, etc. I see. As long as I see a lot of green or teal or grey, I figure they are OK. Does it appear somewhere? That would be handy...

[EDIT]
Oh, I see it's probably that first sentence in the last paragraph --e.g., "somewhat focused with satisfied needs". Is there a screen that displays where he is in that broad range?
[/EDIT]
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 04:54:50 pm by Thorfinn »

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
« Reply #5246 on: March 06, 2017, 06:07:30 pm »

I don't quite understand what you're telling me. My problem may be much simpler than you think. If the happiness categories listed in the wiki to 0.34.x are still valid, then DFHack tells me that I have 7 dwarves who are "happy". But Dwarf Therapist categorizes them as "fine", which is two categories lower.

I understand that DFHack uses the happiness number, and Dwarf Therapist uses Stress value, but shouldn't these two lead to the same happiness category?

Or maybe, if these values are linked to fundamentally different feelings, Dwarf Therapist should rename it's column and instead of Happiness it should say Stress.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 06:09:37 pm by Nagidal »
I stream most of my DF sessions: gaming.youtube/nagidal146, they are archived on my youtube channel. (Dwarf Fortress Tutorials)

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #5247 on: March 06, 2017, 07:28:52 pm »

I understand that DFHack uses the happiness number, and Dwarf Therapist uses Stress value, but shouldn't these two lead to the same happiness category?
That is not the case - the Happiness number was removed when Stress was added, and the difference is entirely due to DFHack and Therapist using different labels for the different ranges.

If the happiness categories listed in the wiki to 0.34.x are still valid
Those categories are NOT valid anymore - you should be looking at the DF2014 page (i.e. the one for the current version), not one for an outdated version.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Thorfinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5248 on: March 06, 2017, 08:26:45 pm »

I don't quite understand what you're telling me. My problem may be much simpler than you think. If the happiness categories listed in the wiki to 0.34.x are still valid, then DFHack tells me that I have 7 dwarves who are "happy". But Dwarf Therapist categorizes them as "fine", which is two categories lower.

Or maybe, if these values are linked to fundamentally different feelings, Dwarf Therapist should rename it's column and instead of Happiness it should say Stress.
Quietust gives you the rigorously correct answer, so far as I know. I take a more casual approach.

In games where I play with DFHack, when I use (u)nits (l)abor,  I see stress starts with 0. I assume that is what DF reports. May or may not be true. I don't care. I just assume that if stress is increasing, I need to fix that. Lots of green or cyan means stress is decreasing. I think grey is more or less neutral. So long as there's more green than red, cyan than orange, all is good.

For what it's worth, I find unless you go out of your way, it's pretty easy to keep stress level negative.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 08:29:17 pm by Thorfinn »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5249 on: March 06, 2017, 09:58:53 pm »

Hello,

I'm running DFHack version 0.43.03-r1 (release) on Windows 10 (the console says Warning: Plugin RemoteFortressReader compiled for DFHack 0.34.11-r3-3104-g58ed20b running DFHack 0.43.03-r1-0-g9889379) with Dwarf Fortress 0.43.03, 32 bit.
You have the wrong remotefortressreader version.
If the warning would mention the same DF version both times, it'd likely be fine, but this won't work at all.

You need to get a copy of the plugin that matches your DF version.
Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 360