Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1079411 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.43.03-r1
« Reply #5250 on: March 07, 2017, 12:46:23 am »

Hello,

I'm running DFHack version 0.43.03-r1 (release) on Windows 10 (the console says Warning: Plugin RemoteFortressReader compiled for DFHack 0.34.11-r3-3104-g58ed20b running DFHack 0.43.03-r1-0-g9889379) with Dwarf Fortress 0.43.03, 32 bit.
You have the wrong remotefortressreader version.
If the warning would mention the same DF version both times, it'd likely be fine, but this won't work at all.

You need to get a copy of the plugin that matches your DF version.
No, whoever built that plugin didn't have the proper git tags for some reason. If the plugin had been build against 0.34.11, it would fail to load entirely. That one was build with DFHack 0.43.03-r1 (it must have been, since it loads under that DFHack version), but its more detailed version is reported as "3104 commits after 0.34.11-r3" instead of anything more recent.

In other words, that plugin should work perfectly fine, but it really ought to be rebuilt to get rid of that warning.

Edit: looks like 58ed20b is actually newer than 0.43.03-r1, but just due to RFR changes.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 12:48:50 am by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5251 on: March 07, 2017, 01:01:46 am »

okay, I must have been doing something wrong then, because I was sure that any backwards-compatibility compiles I did were on a fork made after the tag.

Ugh, this confuses things.

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
« Reply #5252 on: March 07, 2017, 01:40:22 am »

I understand that DFHack uses the happiness number, and Dwarf Therapist uses Stress value, but shouldn't these two lead to the same happiness category?
That is not the case - the Happiness number was removed when Stress was added, and the difference is entirely due to DFHack and Therapist using different labels for the different ranges.

If the happiness categories listed in the wiki to 0.34.x are still valid
Those categories are NOT valid anymore - you should be looking at the DF2014 page (i.e. the one for the current version), not one for an outdated version.

Thanks for explaining this. I was looking at the DF2014 Thought page, but I was expecting to find seven labels for the seven happiness levels displayed in DFHack's Happiness monitor at the bottom right. I only found them in the 0.34.x version of the article.

I'm starting to think that degrees of happiness are no longer what the thingy should show. Dwarves now have finely varied Emotions which are somehow color-coded. Maybe an indicator showing the population's current thoughts categorized by their color would be more useful.

In my last fortress, the monitor almost always showed me 90% of the fortress population in the top happiness category, the rest not too far below it. I was wondering what are they so ecstatic about, but when I looked in Dwarf Therapist or actually read dwarves' thoughts, I got a much more normal picture showing them just about fine, with the usual little annoyances.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 03:11:23 am by Nagidal »
I stream most of my DF sessions: gaming.youtube/nagidal146, they are archived on my youtube channel. (Dwarf Fortress Tutorials)

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
« Reply #5253 on: March 07, 2017, 01:42:43 am »

whoever built that plugin didn't have the proper git tags for some reason
Thanks, I reported this to PeridexisErrant. The build is from his current Starter Pack.
I stream most of my DF sessions: gaming.youtube/nagidal146, they are archived on my youtube channel. (Dwarf Fortress Tutorials)

Squirrelloid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5254 on: March 07, 2017, 02:38:17 pm »

43.03-r1 is still the current version even for 43.05?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5255 on: March 07, 2017, 03:16:58 pm »

The beta (which is stable from everything I can see) is here: https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5256 on: March 07, 2017, 03:34:30 pm »

No. DFHack releases never support DF versions newer than the ones they're named for. They sometimes support older versions, though (e.g. DFHack 0.43.03-r1 supports DF 0.43.03, 0.43.02, and 0.43.01).

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

soul4hdwn

• Bay Watcher
  • make due with what you have
    • View Profile
« Reply #5257 on: March 09, 2017, 02:25:56 am »

No. DFHack releases never support DF versions newer than the ones they're named for. They sometimes support older versions, though (e.g. DFHack 0.43.03-r1 supports DF 0.43.03, 0.43.02, and 0.43.01).

uhh well its working fine so far, df hack of 0.43.03-r1  applied on DF 64 bit windows 0.43.05.  only issue i've been having and its impossible to tell if its default DF or because i've been using fastdwarf obsessively, is that there's a lot of "distracted" dwarves that rapidly need to perform tavern and temple activities.  still happens with normal speed and moving dwarves but i only have about 20 out of 100 dwarves legitimately working (and everyone is maximal happy), thus dorfs still desperately using tavern and temple.

edit: clarified versions.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5258 on: March 09, 2017, 02:35:54 am »

uhh well its working fine so far, df hack of 0.43.03-r1  applied on DF 64 bit windows 0.43.05.  only issue i've been having and its impossible to tell if its default DF or because i've been using fastdwarf obsessively, is that there's a lot of "distracted" dwarves that rapidly need to perform tavern and temple activities.  still happens with normal speed and moving dwarves but i only have about 20 out of 100 dwarves legitimately working (and everyone is maximal happy), thus dorfs still desperately using tavern and temple.

edit: clarified versions.
I can guarantee that you're either not using DF 0.43.05 or not using DFHack 0.43.03-r1. Can you double-check the version that gets logged in the console (or on the title screen)?

From what I remember, dwarves can become distracted if they aren't given break time to perform those tasks normally. That might happen if you're constantly scheduling work for those dwarves, although I'm not really sure there.

soul4hdwn

• Bay Watcher
  • make due with what you have
    • View Profile
« Reply #5259 on: March 09, 2017, 09:30:14 pm »

you're right, i'm using "dfhack v 0.43.05-beta1" as per listed on title screen then "v0.43.05" df per title screen.

about job orders, there's a LACK of things to do and yet the purple (aka important) break messages still occur and i can bring up my stress values if needed, they're all -40,000 or higher except for immigrants... which i will need to cull next map i play as fps plummets after 40 dwarves... yay teleporting dorfs doesn't help :D

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5260 on: March 10, 2017, 04:35:58 pm »

Is modtools/create-unit fully functional in the 43.05 beta 1 release? I'm able to use it to spawn units that show up on the citizens list and can be assigned labors, but they don't have proper ethics (they have their "he personally values" but not the civ ethics,) any gods, and an English first name. The command I'm using is:

modtools/create-unit -race DWARF -caste MALE -civId \\LOCAL -groupId \\LOCAL -name MOUNTAIN
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

wuphonsreach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5261 on: March 12, 2017, 12:34:04 pm »

Is stonesense included in dfhack-0.43.05-beta1-Linux-64-gcc-4.8.1?  The rest of DFHack works properly, but when I try and use the "stonesense" command at the DFHack# prompt, I get "stonesense is not a recognized command".

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5262 on: March 12, 2017, 01:16:57 pm »

about job orders, there's a LACK of things to do and yet the purple (aka important) break messages still occur and i can bring up my stress values if needed, they're all -40,000 or higher except for immigrants... which i will need to cull next map i play as fps plummets after 40 dwarves... yay teleporting dorfs doesn't help :D
It probably depends on which dwarves are doing work. This thread might explain it better. Also, teleporting dwarves doesn't make them do actual jobs faster - it only cuts down on travel time. I suppose that could allow them more time to take care of their needs, but it wouldn't necessarily be enough if they're doing time-consuming jobs.

Is modtools/create-unit fully functional in the 43.05 beta 1 release? I'm able to use it to spawn units that show up on the citizens list and can be assigned labors, but they don't have proper ethics (they have their "he personally values" but not the civ ethics,) any gods, and an English first name. The command I'm using is:

modtools/create-unit -race DWARF -caste MALE -civId \\LOCAL -groupId \\LOCAL -name MOUNTAIN
It hasn't changed since 0.42, as far as I know. It should be functional, but there have always been a few things it doesn't handle. I'm not sure what you mean by an "English first name" - are they missing a nickname? modtools/create-unit has an option for nicknames (see "modtools/create-unit -help"). There's also "spawnunit", which you might find easier for typical usage.

Is stonesense included in dfhack-0.43.05-beta1-Linux-64-gcc-4.8.1?  The rest of DFHack works properly, but when I try and use the "stonesense" command at the DFHack# prompt, I get "stonesense is not a recognized command".
It is not, sorry.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5263 on: March 12, 2017, 09:26:19 pm »

It hasn't changed since 0.42, as far as I know. It should be functional, but there have always been a few things it doesn't handle. I'm not sure what you mean by an "English first name" - are they missing a nickname? modtools/create-unit has an option for nicknames (see "modtools/create-unit -help"). There's also "spawnunit", which you might find easier for typical usage.

The name is untranslated. A dwarf I spawn using that line (with -name MOUNTAIN) will be called Castle Mosuskeskal, for instance, instead of Rimtar Mosuskeskal like a regular dwarf would be. The atheism doesn't really matter, but I at least need the ethics. Are there flags for those things I'm just missing, and if so are they documented somewhere?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5264 on: March 12, 2017, 10:14:03 pm »

I'm looking into the name issue. I'm not familiar with ethics, but I suspect it's more complicated than setting a flag or two.

Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 360