Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1079328 times)

Veroule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.43.03-r1
« Reply #5265 on: March 13, 2017, 01:37:32 am »

After a bit of searching it seems many people want the option to cancel all migrants but no one ever wrote it. I cobbled together this Lua script that I hope will do it correctly, but I would like some experts to look it over before I give it a try. It might be able to be improved by using onReport, but I could not find any documentation indicating what reportID would relate to a season change. Possibly adding a season change event to DFHack would be a good idea.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Please, spare us additional torture; and just euthanise yourselves."
Delivered by Tim Curry of Clue as a parody of the lead ass from American Idol in the show Psych.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5266 on: March 13, 2017, 02:13:45 am »

Just set the pop cap to zero and you won't get any more migrants. There is no need to write a script for it as it's supported by vanilla DF already. As far as I understand, there was a bug a long time ago that caused it to fail to block the hard coded waves.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5267 on: March 13, 2017, 04:39:48 am »

I apologise if this question has been asked before or this is the inappropriate place, but what has become of autosyndrome and its successors, item-trigger and reaction-trigger? I cannot find them anywhere in the new dfhack nor recent mention in the forums.
I do stuff, I guess

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5268 on: March 13, 2017, 12:36:15 pm »

I apologise if this question has been asked before or this is the inappropriate place, but what has become of autosyndrome and its successors, item-trigger and reaction-trigger? I cannot find them anywhere in the new dfhack nor recent mention in the forums.

There is an item-trigger and reaction-trigger script in modtools, along with interaction-trigger.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5269 on: March 13, 2017, 08:04:09 pm »

There is an item-trigger and reaction-trigger script in modtools, along with interaction-trigger.

Oh dear, how could I have missed that. Thanks!
I do stuff, I guess

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #5270 on: March 14, 2017, 09:56:48 am »

When I tried to use add-syndrome to remove a syndrome when an item was dropped, the syndrome itself disappeared, but the effects of the syndrome appeared to stay(this was in the arena). How do I get a syndrome to appear on the unit when they pick an item up, and then make the effects of the syndrome disappear when they drop it(preferably with an option for armors to activate when worn, and deactivated when taken off, even if still being held.)?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

KillzEmAllGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Searching for the other sock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5271 on: March 15, 2017, 07:20:07 pm »

Still getting the odd crash when zooming to units.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5272 on: March 15, 2017, 07:54:18 pm »

Still getting the odd crash when zooming to units.
Mind linking me to where this was reported before? I don't remember seeing it recently. Have you verified that it doesn't occur without DFHack (assuming it occurs consistently with DFHack)?

Edit: found it:
Getting a crash now and then when going to some units through to unit menu as well as when pressing v to inspect or examining creatures. Mostly seems to happen to creatures on different z levels, think it might be with some of the DFHack options on some of these things.
This is from quite a while ago. I can't think of many DFHack tools that have anything to do with that screen. What DFHack version are you using? Are you using Truetype? TwbT? You could try disabling the search and manipulator plugins, I guess.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 10:58:09 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5273 on: March 17, 2017, 11:58:41 pm »

I got Stonesense "working" on 64-bit OS X today (in the sense that it loads, but it's still about as unstable as it was pre-0.43.05, which I'm afraid there isn't much I can do about). It has exposed a couple missing vtable addresses on 64-bit OS X that we still need to locate, but this is about the last major blocker before a stable release. I'll work on 64-bit Linux support soon, but that shouldn't run into the vtable issue.

Anyway, please be sure to report any issues you run into with 0.43.05-beta1. I'm hoping we can put up a stable release relatively soon.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5274 on: March 18, 2017, 03:07:37 pm »

So hey, I was wondering, is there a script that fixes the "hostility" of tamed megabeasts? I glanced over the source code for the loyalty cascade fix and to my limited understanding, it only targets citizens?
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5275 on: March 18, 2017, 07:01:39 pm »

alright I had a onload.init command that hooked a reaction to cause a unit to be created through create-unit on 43.03 at the location of the reaction,  the same line on dfhack 43.05 beta 1 places the unit at the 0,0,-25.

Here's the line:

modtools/reaction-trigger -reactionName KILL_CAPTIVE_DWARF -command [ create-unit -race FAKE_SAPIENT -caste MALE_DWARF -location [ \\LOCATION ] -age 20 ]

This line has worked before.  The only thing I can think of is how does the \\ thing work.  I was looking for some sort of documentation on this, but it is by far the hardest thing to search for.

Well I was going to post all of that.... then I remembered the create-unit.lua I was using in 43.03 was inside of raw\scripts\ not hack\scripts\modtools.  Moved it and the old line worked, but I really don't want to put it there.  So what would be the correct call of "location" if create-unit.lua in hack\scripts instead of raw\scripts? or is that the only way to get the location to be accurate to the reaction?
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5276 on: March 18, 2017, 07:56:50 pm »

Which file did you move where? I'm guessing your old version of create-unit works differently somehow. Where'd you get it from? Can you post it here?

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5277 on: March 18, 2017, 08:36:07 pm »

Let me dig it back up.  It starts off similar but looks like its been restructured from an earlier version or the version included in DFHack 43.05 beta 1 was a modified version from the same version.  the move fixed a few problems I was seeing occur.  let me see:

this one was causing a Crash-To-Desktop.  While roaming the scripts and searching for keywords I discovered the revised version in the hack\scripts that came with DFHack 43.05  version 0.55 or this one:

So basically I kicked the old one out, and went back to testing, since generally it doesn't seem to care where the file is located as long as you have it.  Well first attempt the creature is gone!  No error in the console relating to the creature, so I go seeking the creature and find it literally beneath hell.  last level of z below the bottom z of hell and in the top corner. 0,0,-25 of the particular map I was on.  Which is when I started the above post... which made me think wait, how about move the create-unit.lua (the v 0.55) into the raw\scripts like the old one was and retest.  multiple tests now and every time it pops up right.

If I put it back, the unit shows up at the above mentioned location.  rather odd actually.  I'm not sure why its not wanting to read \\LOCATION, or this was an error to begin with.

Edit:
old version was in raw\scripts ; new version was in hack\scripts ; deleted old version ; new version placed in raw\scripts ; problem solved.

Second Edit: and my reaction hooks for create-unit-friendly need to be edited too... going to move the file like I did for create-unit, unless someone can show me how to rewrite the line...  and here's a nice image for you...

its confirmed you only get a number when you go to hell... create-unit-friendly tosses dwarfs too....  here's the code line from my onLoad.init

Code: [Select]
modtools/reaction-trigger -reactionName RELEASE_DWARF_MIGRANTS -command [ modtools/create-unit-friendly -race DWARF -caste MALE -civId a -groupId a -location [ \\LOCATION ] -name MOUNTAIN -age 20 ]
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 09:59:17 pm by Amostubal »
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5278 on: March 19, 2017, 12:51:44 am »

I'm trying to get the EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT of a creature from the df.global.world.raws.creatures.all.caste.body_info.extra_butcher_objects, but all that shows up is a list of 13 numbers. Now I'm fairly certain anon_1 is the body part that drops the butcher item. But I can't really figure out how to get the item type/subtype and material type/index.

Code: [Select]
[lua]# world.raws.creatures.all[31].caste[0].body_info.extra_butcher_objects[0]
<caste_body_info.T_extra_butcher_objects: 0x05ee36d0>
anon_1                   = 24
anon_2                   =
anon_3                   = 11
anon_4                   =
anon_5                   =
anon_6                   =
anon_7                   =
anon_8                   =
anon_9                   = 1
anon_10                  = -1
anon_11                  = -1
anon_12                  = -1
anon_13                  = 1

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5279 on: March 19, 2017, 03:00:47 am »

So hey, I was wondering, is there a script that fixes the "hostility" of tamed megabeasts? I glanced over the source code for the loyalty cascade fix and to my limited understanding, it only targets citizens?
After my experience with raw modding, I believe the hostility is a function of the [MEGABEAST] token itself being present on the tamed creatures and not actually a bug with unit loyalty. That being said, I would also like a script to fix this if it is possible to make one.
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"
Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 360