Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1073221 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.43.03-r1
« Reply #5310 on: March 27, 2017, 11:59:24 am »

remove the optional and required keywords, make sure the first listed item in any enum is 0, and put syntax = "proto3"; on top

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5311 on: March 30, 2017, 02:47:22 am »

Question, will the onJobCompleted eventful event trigger when a tree is chopped down or a plant is harvested? I am thinking about adding a script that lets you "research" better farming techniques, thus increasing your yield.

EDIT: Or a tile is mined? Basically if I can detect whenever one of these things happen you could limit certain yields, and be able to research better "techniques" which would increase yield.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 05:16:52 pm by Roses »

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5312 on: April 01, 2017, 03:58:13 am »

Question, will the onJobCompleted eventful event trigger when a tree is chopped down or a plant is harvested? I am thinking about adding a script that lets you "research" better farming techniques, thus increasing your yield.

EDIT: Or a tile is mined? Basically if I can detect whenever one of these things happen you could limit certain yields, and be able to research better "techniques" which would increase yield.
AFAIK tile mined worked okay. That is the way the auto-expanding burrows worked before.

Snafu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5313 on: April 02, 2017, 07:00:21 pm »

Is there a way to get autochop to prioritize mature trees or deprioritise immature ones)? Also, if I have AC enabled my chopping idiots will randomly chop trees (rather than the ones I've prioritised cos they're getting in the way of my buildings), & I don't seem to be able to cancel the global designation other than manually (disable autochop doesn't cancel the designation); is there a way around this?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5314 on: April 05, 2017, 09:48:16 am »

Scheduled meetings get screwed up when office holders are replaced (current DF bug). Is it known where the queue(s) holding the waiting petitioners/anger venters/diplomats is stored? It would be good to be able to reset the queue without slaughtering anyone suspected of stalling it (as reinstating the former office holder can be tricky after unfortunate accidents).

Another DF bug is where visitors somehow lose contact with what they're doing and just stays without doing anything ("no job"). In other cases they continue to socialize long after their clothes have degraded and fallen off their bodies. I'd guess there is some kind of timer that decides when it's time to stop the visit. Is it known where such a timer is located? It would be good to have a non violent way of telling the over stayers to get lost (the former kind can be told to head for the forest, but that's probably not the way they're supposed to leave, and so may have unwanted side effects. The second kind will only leave if they're blocked from socializing by the removal of the tavern).

Edit: Another pair of questions (not bug related): Where does DF store info of whether a biome will have an aquifer and at which depth it will appear at?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 06:25:04 am by PatrikLundell »

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5315 on: April 06, 2017, 11:43:41 pm »

So how far away is an official release for 0.43.05? I'm just wondering because I am still writing all of my scripts for 42.06 and would like to upgrade them all, but 43.03 to 43.05 has that unit.relationship structure change. Don't want to break everything for the official DFHack release.

EDIT: Did I brake the DFHack thread? No posts in a week! Well since mine is still the last I will put my new questions on to this one,

I am looking into total conversions and replacing built in things with custom scripts. The four big ones I can think of are
1. Smelting
2. Web Gather
3. Sand Gather
4. Butcher

Now I know milo has a working smelting script, and my butcher script does the job well enough. But does anyone know if there is a replacement for web and sand gathering?

EDIT2: Not sure how I forgot about it, but also, pretty much everything in the Farmer's Workshop (milking for example). I know I could probably make a script that targets a milkable creature, resets it's milkable counter, and then creates milk, but it would be so much easier if it could be possible to just be able to start a "Milk Creature" job without the need for the workshop.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 03:25:51 pm by Roses »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5316 on: April 14, 2017, 03:09:10 pm »

I was planning on putting up a second beta release a couple weeks ago. Unfortunately, I wound up being too busy to do it then, and then got sick, so that's been delayed for a while. I might be able to put one up this weekend, but if not, one is likely next weekend. I haven't gotten many reports of problems with 0.43.05-beta1, which is either a good thing or a sign that nobody's using it (at this point I'd like to assume it's actually stable, though). The main reason I want to put out another beta release is for Stonesense, so expect a stable release to follow that pretty quickly.

Well since mine is still the last I will put my new questions on to this one,
When you do that, this thread doesn't show up under "Updated topics" for anyone who's replied, which makes it less likely for people to notice that you've asked more questions.

I'm not at all familiar with those scripts myself, but what exactly about sand gathering are you looking to "replace"? Are you talking about reimplementing sand gathering, supporting additional materials, removing it entirely, or something else? (Same for the farmer's workshop jobs, etc.)
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5317 on: April 14, 2017, 08:51:47 pm »

Well currently all of those functions are only available in hard coded buildings. I was hoping to make it possible to create custom buildings with those jobs

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5318 on: April 15, 2017, 02:38:14 am »

Well currently all of those functions are only available in hard coded buildings. I was hoping to make it possible to create custom buildings with those jobs
Try adding sand collecting job to other buildings. Do the dwarves figure out how to do it? if so you just need to auto-add job.
If you want something more... different (like building which auto-fills bags with sand when it has power) you'll need to do it manually.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5319 on: April 15, 2017, 11:32:33 am »

Try adding sand collecting job to other buildings. Do the dwarves figure out how to do it? if so you just need to auto-add job.
If you want something more... different (like building which auto-fills bags with sand when it has power) you'll need to do it manually.

How do I add the sand collecting job to other buildings?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5320 on: April 17, 2017, 02:23:37 am »

Mine doesn't open. Well, it does, but it immediately closes. Help?
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5321 on: April 17, 2017, 01:13:07 pm »

Sounds like you might have a mismatch between DF version and DFHack version

How do I add the sand collecting job to other buildings?

Can jobs be created from nothing with dfhack.job.linkIntoWorld(job,new_id)? When it talks about jobs is that just reactions, just "tasks" (e.g. Gather Sand, Milk Creature, Tame Animal, etc...), or both?

I'm guessing the eventful.addReactionToShop won't work for adding "tasks" to buildings since they don't have a reaction ID. Is there a similar function for adding "tasks"?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 01:20:21 pm by Roses »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5322 on: April 17, 2017, 05:05:31 pm »

Sounds like you might have a mismatch between DF version and DFHack version
That should display a dialog and just deactivate DFHack (keeping DF open) - if it's not doing that when the DF/DFHack versions aren't compatible, that's another issue.

It could be due to a mismatch between architectures, though - e.g. using 32-bit DFHack with 64-bit DF or vice versa.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 05:07:13 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5323 on: April 18, 2017, 01:03:47 am »

Can jobs be created from nothing with dfhack.job.linkIntoWorld(job,new_id)? When it talks about jobs is that just reactions, just "tasks" (e.g. Gather Sand, Milk Creature, Tame Animal, etc...), or both?

I'm guessing the eventful.addReactionToShop won't work for adding "tasks" to buildings since they don't have a reaction ID. Is there a similar function for adding "tasks"?

Yes jobs can be created from nothing. DF even assigns workers for some works. You might need to add it to job postings (or how it's called).

Yes task are a bit special. For one thing it needs other references which are not set by reaction framework. E.g. Tame Animal needs an animal target, which you could set manually. Imho you could add fake reactions that when triggered create the correct job. However each special task has it's own arcane invocation setup. That is basically why i'm procrastinating with advfort development (and the fact that it's a maze of code).

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5324 on: April 18, 2017, 10:48:01 am »

Yes jobs can be created from nothing. DF even assigns workers for some works. You might need to add it to job postings (or how it's called).

Yes task are a bit special. For one thing it needs other references which are not set by reaction framework. E.g. Tame Animal needs an animal target, which you could set manually. Imho you could add fake reactions that when triggered create the correct job. However each special task has it's own arcane invocation setup. That is basically why i'm procrastinating with advfort development (and the fact that it's a maze of code).

Interesting. I will definitely have to take a look at assigning tasks through reaction-trigger. If I could figure that all out then you could get rid of all vanilla buildings and have a total conversion.
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 360