Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1073419 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.43.03-r1
« Reply #5340 on: April 26, 2017, 05:43:53 am »

It's difficult to damage candy, toggling the artifact_mood and artifact flags prevents item damage too.

creidieki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5341 on: April 26, 2017, 01:19:32 pm »

Hi, I really appreciate dfhack, I'm still learning to use it somewhat. I wanted to mention that I've been playing with gui/gm-editor and I'm pretty sure that in activity_event_performancest, the fields "anon_9" through "anon_11" hold the position of the dwarf performing. I hope that's helpful. Thanks!

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5342 on: April 26, 2017, 04:51:04 pm »

Thanks! Looks like anon_7 and anon_8 are duplicates of the x and y coordinates, at least for the event I'm looking at.

Edit: the 10 fields after that are all -30000 for me, which is usually a sign that they're coordinates (that's what Toady uses for invalid coordinates). I'm not sure which ones are 2D and which are 3D, but I'm going to give them slightly better temporary names. If you do figure those out too, let me know.

Also, it's usually better to report that sort of thing at https://github.com/dfhack/df-structures so that it doesn't get buried (which happens sometimes on the forums).
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 04:59:17 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

rostbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5343 on: April 27, 2017, 01:26:05 pm »

Here's a new beta release: https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases/tag/0.43.05-beta2. Still waiting on Windows for now, but this adds 64-bit Stonesense support on OS X and Linux (which was already available on Windows), so I didn't want to delay this further.

I logged on to my account on this site for the first time in months just to be able to say: Squeeeee! :D
I created a forum account to be able express my excitement. Thank you, lethosor!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5344 on: April 27, 2017, 06:19:49 pm »

just thought of this now, is it possible to Copy the entire world data of another save and paste it into another world?
like take some old gen world and port it over to an Arena save? or is this working into Save corruption territory?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5345 on: April 28, 2017, 03:42:53 am »

just thought of this now, is it possible to Copy the entire world data of another save and paste it into another world?
like take some old gen world and port it over to an Arena save? or is this working into Save corruption territory?
I'm afraid I fail to understand exactly what you're trying to achieve, so the answer is hit-and-miss:
- You can copy your save, retire, and start in another mode, then revert to the original save, but I guess that's not what you want.
- Transplanting the history etc. from one geography to another would result in a mess, since some settlements would end up in the ocean, for instance. While it should be possible in principle by shifting settlements around, it would be very hard to do in practice.
- Keeping the geography and replacing it with a different history is easy: just keep the main seed and let DF randomize the other ones when generating a new world.
- Transplanting a fortress would likewise be a mess. The "easy" part would be to copy the site, but you'd also have to stitch the civ in, and its sites, and relation to other civs would have to be adjusted, etc. Likewise, the inhabitants would have to be adjusted, so Urist McTraderLover could not be friends with 15 traders from civs that only existed in the original world, etc. You also have regions, geo-regions, etc. to take into consideration, as well as instruments, dance forms, and so on that don't exist in the new world.
However, I suspect you're after something completely different...

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5346 on: April 28, 2017, 06:29:25 pm »

I'm afraid I fail to understand exactly what you're trying to achieve, so the answer is hit-and-miss:
- You can copy your save, retire, and start in another mode, then revert to the original save, but I guess that's not what you want.
- Transplanting the history etc. from one geography to another would result in a mess, since some settlements would end up in the ocean, for instance. While it should be possible in principle by shifting settlements around, it would be very hard to do in practice.
- Keeping the geography and replacing it with a different history is easy: just keep the main seed and let DF randomize the other ones when generating a new world.
- Transplanting a fortress would likewise be a mess. The "easy" part would be to copy the site, but you'd also have to stitch the civ in, and its sites, and relation to other civs would have to be adjusted, etc. Likewise, the inhabitants would have to be adjusted, so Urist McTraderLover could not be friends with 15 traders from civs that only existed in the original world, etc. You also have regions, geo-regions, etc. to take into consideration, as well as instruments, dance forms, and so on that don't exist in the new world.
However, I suspect you're after something completely different...
well it's more taking the small Arena world map swapping it with a different world map.
porting  over history, civs, and all the other stuff is Accidental if works.
moving an entire Fort over to an arena mode world seem like Nuts and probably to advance for my skill.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5347 on: April 29, 2017, 03:30:01 am »

I think I now understand what you're after, but I'm afraid I don't know anything about arena mode...
Looking at it just now for the first time, it looks like a single world tile world with a single "embark".
It might be possible to write something that exported an embark and then imported it into arena mode, replacing what's there, but it might be easier to make an editor that allowed you to modify the arena, export it, and import it. It might very well be that arena mode already contains the editor (as I said, I have no experience with it). If you have a working export/import function it ought to be possible export the corresponding stuff from a normal embark, though. It might be possible to do the same with adventure mode, but I haven't got any experience with that mode either.
All speculation, and no actual knowledge.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5348 on: May 01, 2017, 01:58:52 pm »

Is it possible to run a script and suppress or redirect it's normal output?

For example, say I have a script 'attribute-change' that when run without a -unit declared will print a statement "No unit declared". In normal use I want that to be printed, but when running in "debug" mode I either don't want that statement printed, or I would like to send that statement to an external file. I know I could put a flag in the 'attribute-change' script, but I was wondering if there was another way.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5349 on: May 01, 2017, 02:16:41 pm »

You can use dfhack.run_command_silent(), although that would probably require writing another script to actually send the output to another file.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5350 on: May 01, 2017, 02:58:45 pm »

You can use dfhack.run_command_silent(), although that would probably require writing another script to actually send the output to another file.

Thanks! Silent running is better than nothing, if I really feel the ouput is necessary to properly debug I will write another script for that.

EDIT: Will running in silent mode also suppress error messages or will those still be listed?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5351 on: May 01, 2017, 03:42:18 pm »

All output is returned from that function instead of being printed, including errors. It's returned as a table, I think, which includes the color of each piece of text, so you could identify errors that way if you wanted.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5352 on: May 01, 2017, 03:53:26 pm »

All output is returned from that function instead of being printed, including errors. It's returned as a table, I think, which includes the color of each piece of text, so you could identify errors that way if you wanted.

Ah, perfect!

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5353 on: May 03, 2017, 12:05:47 am »

It's difficult to damage candy, toggling the artifact_mood and artifact flags prevents item damage too.
Was more thinking of some way to slow it way down.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Rusty Shackleford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5354 on: May 04, 2017, 10:32:41 am »

Not sure where to ask but is there an 'embark anywhere' utility with dfhack?
Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 360