Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361]

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 676544 times)

ab9rf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.43.03-r1
« Reply #5400 on: May 14, 2017, 10:03:02 am »

I tried making a separate plugin to forbid eggs once, and found that it was a lot harder than I expected. It might be easier now that we have ways to cancel jobs easily, and I've been meaning to look into it again at some point.
I wrote the "nestboxes" plugin I can't remember how many years ago that does this: it forbids fertile eggs, no matter where they are, so they are left alone and allowed to hatch. (Some people consider this cheaty.) I suppose we could move this out of devel, it is perfectly stable.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5401 on: May 14, 2017, 10:32:14 am »

I was having an issue in 0.40 where forbidding them wouldn't stop existing egg-hauling jobs. (Also, there's an item_eggst flag that you can check instead of working with pregnancy information.) I think the addition of Job::removeJob() would make it easier to stop existing hauling jobs, so hopefully we can get one of the plugins working for r2.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

ab9rf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5402 on: May 14, 2017, 12:45:17 pm »

I was having an issue in 0.40 where forbidding them wouldn't stop existing egg-hauling jobs. (Also, there's an item_eggst flag that you can check instead of working with pregnancy information.) I think the addition of Job::removeJob() would make it easier to stop existing hauling jobs, so hopefully we can get one of the plugins working for r2.
Nestboxes runs fairly frequently (every five ticks), but it would be an idea to stop hauling jobs.

I think I coded it to check pregnancy information because the item_eggst flag was either unreliable or absent in 0.34.

Unless Toady's changed it, an egglayer that is currently incubating a brood is marked as being pregnant. It was my recollection that autobutcher will not butcher pregnant animals, and so it ought not butcher egglayers who are incubating a brood. I've noticed that there have been some changes in how pregnancy is handled in more recent versions of DF, and so these tools may need some tweaking to be reliable in current versions. (The main thing I've noticed is that dead units remain pregnant after dying.)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5403 on: May 14, 2017, 04:24:57 pm »

Looks like it was present in 0.34.11-r4 and absent in r3, so that would explain it. Anyway, "tweak eggs-fertile" has used that flag successfully for a while, so I'd say it's safe to use.

Also, there's a new thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=164123 (not that I mind having this conversation here, but my last post is on an older page now, at least with 15 posts/page).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361]