Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1073402 times)

Xerberus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.10-r1
« Reply #645 on: August 30, 2014, 07:57:24 am »

hey, i use the current starter pack with dfhack and during my play i saw that red text appears in the dfhack console:

are these some errors i should be aware of or are these harmless? thx!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: August 30, 2014, 09:21:20 am »

I have no idea what you mean by "analyze" or "what's going on".

I have no idea what exactly I want either or how it would possibly work.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: August 30, 2014, 09:26:59 am »

hey, i use the current starter pack with dfhack and during my play i saw that red text appears in the dfhack console:

It looks like a problem with repeat.lua - can you try replacing it with https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Furcube/dfhack/master/scripts/repeat.lua?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Xerberus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: August 30, 2014, 09:44:25 am »

It looks like a problem with repeat.lua - can you try replacing it with https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Furcube/dfhack/master/scripts/repeat.lua?

sorry, noob here....how do i do that? first thinks first, if i try to rightclick-download your link then it gives me repeat.txt. ....i imagine simply renaming it to repeat.lua will do the job. where is the repeat.lua located? thx for your help btw :)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: August 30, 2014, 09:56:34 am »

Replace DF/hack/scripts/repeat.lua with that script, renaming it to repeat.lua if necessary. (It might be a good idea to make a copy of your current hack/scripts/repeat.lua, in case it doesn't work.)

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Xerberus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: August 30, 2014, 10:03:11 am »

Replace DF/hack/scripts/repeat.lua with that script, renaming it to repeat.lua if necessary. (It might be a good idea to make a copy of your current hack/scripts/repeat.lua, in case it doesn't work.)

thanks, one last question: how can i find out if it doesn't work? crashes? more red text? dwarves starting to kill each other? :D

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: August 30, 2014, 10:27:30 am »

thanks, one last question: how can i find out if it doesn't work? crashes? more red text? dwarves starting to kill each other? :D
If you change one thing (the repeat.lua script) and suddenly the game starts crashing on launch or when you use repeat, then yeah that would be evidence of it not working.  Same thing for red text.  Dwarves killing each other is typical tantrum behavior and probably unrelated :)
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Xerberus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: August 30, 2014, 10:59:42 am »

i replaced the repeat.lua with the one from you but after loading the game i get exactly theb same red error lines as before.

jwhite.df

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: August 30, 2014, 12:14:32 pm »

I want a pony.

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: August 30, 2014, 12:47:15 pm »

I want a pony.

Ask, and ye shall receive.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #655 on: August 30, 2014, 01:15:07 pm »

No, its not. Please keep it about dfhack.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: August 30, 2014, 01:25:54 pm »

No, its not. Please keep it about dfhack.

slayrace ponies

Now, back to DFHack.  lethosor, was this the fix you just tried for Xerberus?
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Treefingers

• Bay Watcher
  • ...grumbles only mildly at inclement weather.
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: August 30, 2014, 01:31:11 pm »

Getting this again:
Code: [Select]
./libs/Dwarf_Fortress: symbol lookup error: ./hack/libdfhack.so: undefined symbol: _Z10lua_gettopP9lua_State
If anyone's interested, I went into /usr/lib and renamed liblua.so (it was a link to liblua.so.5.2, itself a link to liblua.so.5.2.3) to hide it and see what happens. DF/dfhack works fine.

Problem is, I currently have no idea what to expect from my other lua-dependent programs now (conky, vlc, geany, etc). If they've been written to look directly for liblua.5.2, I should be fine, right? Might I get anything worse than failed scripts or a program crash? Or is this the sort of file that will always be replaced when it's not found? Would be a royal pain to have to rename it every time I want to dwarf.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: August 30, 2014, 02:04:53 pm »

The fix for repeat.lua I suggested was from https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/pull/308, which appears to have worked for Xerberus.

PaleBlueHammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: August 30, 2014, 02:39:24 pm »

The fix for repeat.lua I suggested was from https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/pull/308, which appears to have worked for Xerberus.

Did he PM you?  The last I saw from him, he was saying this did not work.

I'm seeing the same issue and can confirm something is still broken after replacing that script.
Quote from: misko27
If adamantine is revealed for more then 2 years without being completely mined it all turns into galena. Useless, Useless Galena.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 360