Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1079599 times)

Rafatio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.10-r1
« Reply #660 on: August 30, 2014, 03:14:24 pm »

Yay dfhack for 40.10, thanks everyone!

Can workflow watch for filled sand bags? And what would the command look like if it can, my guesses led to nothing so far.

(Is that supposed to be a forward slash in repeat.lua's path? I know nothing of that stuff, it just sticks out in the sea of red)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: August 30, 2014, 03:24:44 pm »

(Is that supposed to be a forward slash in repeat.lua's path? I know nothing of that stuff, it just sticks out in the sea of red)
Yes. The use of forward slashes there is intentional because they will work on all platforms in Lua (and usually C++).

Now, back to DFHack.  lethosor, was this the fix you just tried for Xerberus?
The fix for repeat.lua I suggested was from https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/pull/308, which appears to have worked for Xerberus.

Did he PM you?  The last I saw from him, he was saying this did not work.

I'm seeing the same issue and can confirm something is still broken after replacing that script.
Did you change "1 months" to "1 -timeUnits months"?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Xerberus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: August 30, 2014, 03:38:09 pm »

Now, back to DFHack.  lethosor, was this the fix you just tried for Xerberus?
The fix for repeat.lua I suggested was from https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/pull/308, which appears to have worked for Xerberus.

well like i already posted, i still get the same red error messages, even with the repeat.lua file you recommended.

now i see different recommendations in the last few posts which fix the problem, care to give the newbie in the room (me) a tip which one to apply now and how...thanks!

Edit: ok i tested the fix from Furcube and it removes the old red error text but adds a new one:

it also seems the "LNP_dfhack_onLoad.init" reverts back to default once you start DF, so changing it beforehand is pointless. like Furcube said, i had to change the file after starting DF but before loading the savegame. but still, the error messages before were kinda gibberish for me, the new one saying anything about caravans is slightly worrying me :/.

Edit2: i deselected "pure bugfixes" from the DF starter pack in the dfhack tab and this has removed the red error messages.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 04:13:21 pm by Xerberus »

Xerberus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: August 30, 2014, 04:18:12 pm »

sorry for double post but this is another question / topic dfhack related.

in my last fort in DF 40.09 i gave up duo to the FPS being kinda creepy slow (22 FPS), i had around 122 dwarves and at the time around 100 undead elves attacking me (which undoubtly was the reason for my lack). i have a intel core i5 4440 (4 x 3.2 ghz), i know DF runs on a single core but i would love to improve the FPS without drastically changing the gameplay experience. i know that in the old dfhack version (and in the masterwork mod) there is the option to simplify materials which seemed to increase the FPS drastically. now my question is if this option is already available in the current version (i just have to enter i command i don't know) or if this is still in developement for the current version.

thanks!

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: August 30, 2014, 04:23:58 pm »

in my last fort in DF 40.09 i gave up duo to the FPS being kinda creepy slow (22 FPS), i had around 122 dwarves and at the time around 100 undead elves attacking me (which undoubtly was the reason for my lack). i have a intel core i5 4440 (4 x 3.2 ghz), i know DF runs on a single core but i would love to improve the FPS without drastically changing the gameplay experience. i know that in the old dfhack version (and in the masterwork mod) there is the option to simplify materials which seemed to increase the FPS drastically. now my question is if this option is already available in the current version (i just have to enter i command i don't know) or if this is still in developement for the current version.

thanks!
I believe this is only part of the MDF mod (and another mod), but you may be thinking of other performance improvements - take a look at Readme.rst.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: August 30, 2014, 04:55:49 pm »

Anyone know of some symbol offsets I can manipulate to emulate nanofortress?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: August 30, 2014, 04:56:34 pm »

Anyone know of some symbol offsets I can manipulate to emulate nanofortress?
Use "embark-tools".
Edit: To be specific, "embark-tools enable nano".

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: August 30, 2014, 08:29:56 pm »

thanks!

I don't think that there are any mods with simplified materials that you can activate for a current save as it would change quite a few things. Quantum stockpiles does help keep fps low but also standardized materials makes a big difference to. What I mean is instead of different types of animal parts and different types of meat and leathers and so on you just have one creature type. Most people like to have more than one leather type though. I have a version I made for 40_07 that I updated to 40_08 and am planning on updating at some point to 40.10 or so. I was just going to wait till I finished with the twbt version but its really not that hard for me to update that and upload it for you. It'll have one type of leather and a few types of wood, I haven't messed with plants or metals/ materials yet though. It's basically that mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141715.0 but without all the extra mods except for the leather one.

Euius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: August 31, 2014, 12:50:15 am »

Can workflow watch for filled sand bags? And what would the command look like if it can, my guesses led to nothing so far.

workflow amount POWDER_MISC/SAND 105 10

In the future, you can use the gui to add a limit and then "workflow list-commands" to get the command you'd use in a world-start script

Rafatio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: August 31, 2014, 04:41:35 am »

In the future, you can use the gui to add a limit and then "workflow list-commands" to get the command you'd use in a world-start script
Thanks! Never used the gui before, I search for the names in the forum and raws, but this one had me stumped, your system sounds a lot easier.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: August 31, 2014, 06:13:46 am »

By the way, the solution in that pull request is wrong. It will work only for single-word repeating commands. The problem is that the documentation is wrong. You're supposed to put [ brackets ] around the command that's being repeated.

Eko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: August 31, 2014, 09:57:38 am »

I don't know if this goes here, if not, sorry.

I am wondering if there's a way in dfhack to get the offset or address of a function in df, if known?  I'm making an underwater civ, and while it was a simple hack to get the buildings to be able to be placed underwater, the build fails with "build site submerged". I've located five locations where the designation flags are checked by the game when that action fails, but going through all of them to narrow down the instruction I need to change is daunting.  If dfhack can point me to the address of the function df uses to build a workshop, I can more easily narrow down my scope, and more quickly find the right instruction. 

I am not a great disassembler, so I don't know exactly what I'm doing, but I was also thinking of finding the point in the program that calls MSVCR to display the "submerged" message might help.  I can't figure out how to do that though.  I found the function in the dll that sends the message, but can't figure out how to get IDA to give me the calling function in df.  I hope I'm just missing something simple.

Thanks for any and all help.

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos
« Reply #672 on: August 31, 2014, 10:17:32 am »

Could you direct me to some references/guide how to use workflow in a world start script?  I tried using workflow list-commands and then set it into a "LNP_dfhack_onLoad" init file but it didn't work.  workflow list-commands gave me this:
workflow drink 9999 9000
And when I loaded in it said 'cannot find "drink"'
Why would it give me what it calls the item with workflow list-commands but then not be able to use it's own info in an init script?

I constantly set the same initial workflow parameters and would love to get these settings working automatically when I start a new world. 

Thanks

kr0pper

• Bay Watcher
  • Coding is fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: August 31, 2014, 12:55:10 pm »

set it into a "LNP_dfhack_onLoad" init

As i know, this file overwrites automatically.

I just create dfhack_onLoad.init in df folder and put next line to my dfhack.init:
Code: [Select]
:lua dfhack.onStateChange.onloadscript = function(state) if state == SC_WORLD_LOADED then print(dfhack.run_command('script dfhack_onLoad.init')) end end

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos
« Reply #674 on: August 31, 2014, 01:05:57 pm »

set it into a "LNP_dfhack_onLoad" init

As i know, this file overwrites automatically.

I just create dfhack_onLoad.init in df folder and put next line to my dfhack.init:
Code: [Select]
:lua dfhack.onStateChange.onloadscript = function(state) if state == SC_WORLD_LOADED then print(dfhack.run_command('script dfhack_onLoad.init')) end end

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Interesting, so you prefer for your dwarves to just continue digging as they find interesting material... do you ever run into issues where they dig new access points to the fortress?  Undefended ones?

And do you know why workflow drink doesn't work?
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 360