Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1079485 times)

kr0pper

• Bay Watcher
  • Coding is fun!
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.10-r1
« Reply #675 on: August 31, 2014, 02:10:12 pm »

Interesting, so you prefer for your dwarves to just continue digging as they find interesting material... do you ever run into issues where they dig new access points to the fortress?  Undefended ones?
And do you know why workflow drink doesn't work?

I'm always can do "digFlood digAll0", and back again with "script digflood.txt"

Maybe you need use "workflow amount DRINK 10000 1" (with caps) because it it raw token?
Taken from my working workflow.txt script loaded from my dfhack_onLoad.init

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos
« Reply #676 on: August 31, 2014, 02:44:02 pm »

Interesting, so you prefer for your dwarves to just continue digging as they find interesting material... do you ever run into issues where they dig new access points to the fortress?  Undefended ones?
And do you know why workflow drink doesn't work?

I'm always can do "digFlood digAll0", and back again with "script digflood.txt"

Maybe you need use "workflow amount DRINK 10000 1" (with caps) because it it raw token?
Taken from my working workflow.txt script loaded from my dfhack_onLoad.init

Excellent, this worked great and I can now set things to load into workflow from the start.  One more thing, if possible... I'd like workflow to load set parameters on initial embark, but not every time I load the game up.  (This is so that I can have a default state for new fortresses, but if I change things manually while playing it doesn't undo my changes every time I reload) 

Do you know of a way to modify the script so it only fires on initial embark?

kr0pper

• Bay Watcher
  • Coding is fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: August 31, 2014, 03:11:44 pm »

Hmmm, don't understand.

Do you want to load script only one time when you desired?
Create a file named my_embark.txt in df folder, add all your wishes there, like:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

and just run it in dfhack console after embark, eg:
Code: [Select]
script my_embark.txt

PS: And you don't need "load into workflow from the start" - workflow saves all jobs into df save.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 03:15:39 pm by kr0pper »

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: August 31, 2014, 03:19:11 pm »

Hmmm, don't understand.
Do you want to load script only one time when you desired?
Create a file named my_embark.txt in df folder, add all your wishes there, like:
and just run it in dfhack console after embark, eg:
script my_embark.txtPS: And you don't need "load into workflow from the start" - workflow saves all jobs into df save.

Like this:

Is there a way to trigger a script to only run once on initial world load instead of on every load?
In lua
'value' could be any true value, it's not actually even saving the boolean 'true', but rather an empty string.  Which is a true value.

jwhite.df

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: August 31, 2014, 08:10:06 pm »

Is 3dveins supposed to work? I've run it in the latest Starter Pack and it looks like it's frozen the app (I've let it sit for over an hour at this point).

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: August 31, 2014, 08:18:39 pm »

Is 3dveins supposed to work? I've run it in the latest Starter Pack and it looks like it's frozen the app (I've let it sit for over an hour at this point).
I haven't had any problems with it. Is it displaying any progress? What's your local map size?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

jwhite.df

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: August 31, 2014, 09:36:46 pm »

I haven't had any problems with it. Is it displaying any progress? What's your local map size?

No progress. 129x129 (medium) with a 4x4 embark.

Just tried again. Same thing. Grey'd out screen, "collecting statistics" on the dfhack window, and ... no action.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: August 31, 2014, 10:10:40 pm »

Regarding forum-dwarves.lua included in DFHack 0.40.10-r1, with vanilla DF 0.40.10:
[DFHack]# forum-dwarves
<viewscreen_textviewerst: 0x15481930>
child                    = nil
parent                   = <viewscreen_itemst: 0x14d2da10>
breakdown_level          = 0
option_key_pressed       = 0
title                    =   (prepared llama heart [5])
title_colors             =
src_text                 = <vector<string*>: 0x15481978>
outvar_type              =
outvar_name              =
meeting_context          = <meeting_context: 0x154819c0>
help_filename            = text_viewer
page_filename            =
formatted_text           = <vector<viewscreen_textviewerst.T_formatted_text*>: 0x15481a08>
hyperlinks               = <vector<char*>: 0x15481a18>
logged_error             = 0
scroll_pos               = 0
cursor_line              = 0
pause_depth              = 0
<viewscreen_textviewerst.T_formatted_text: 0x16dd8c60>
text                     = <char: 0x155ef618>
format                   = <char: 0x155ef420>
flags                    = <viewscreen_textviewerst.T_formatted_text.T_flags: 0x16dd8c68>
pause_depth              = 0
return_val               = -1
indent                   = 0
<char: 0x155ef618>
value                    = 84
...Documents\df\df_40_10_win\hack\scripts/forum-dwarves.lua:73: bad argument #1 to 'find' (string ex
pected, got userdata)
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function 'find'
        ...Documents\df\df_40_10_win\hack\scripts/forum-dwarves.lua:73: in function 'format_for_foru
m'
        ...Documents\df\df_40_10_win\hack\scripts/forum-dwarves.lua:116: in main chunk
        (...tail calls...)
That happens regardless of the item being examined; the script just fails.

muppet9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: September 01, 2014, 08:00:49 am »

3dveins had never worked for me in DFHack40.08-r2 or DFHack40.10-r1. I always use a 4x4 embark (I honestly never thought of trying another lol). It output "Collecting statistics" in the dfhack console then 2-5 secs later the windows crash screen came up for Dwarf Fortress.exe. I've tried it on 6 embarks over 2 (medium all the way) worlds, that were genned on 40.08, using PE's starter packs.

I've downloaded PE's starter pack 40.10 r4 and genned a new medium world on it. Tried 1 3x3 embark(at the place the cursor starts) 3dveins completes successfully. Tried 1 4x4 embark(same place), completes successfully. Tried 2 more embarks 4x4 at some random places on the 40.10 genned world with no issues too.

I tried copying over my 40.08 genned map, loaded up a just arrived save, same old crash. Maybe it is just a problem with some worlds or something that was fixed in 40.10 either in DF or dfhack or the plugin.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #684 on: September 01, 2014, 08:10:37 am »

So... has anyone figured out how to add new tiles to a tree yet?

I can change a tile to a branch/twig/trunk tile, but I can't find where the trees themselves store their shape data, so the new tiles are just generic branches/twigs/trunks without a species, not actually a part of any tree.

The most promising spot I've found is df.global.world.map.map_block_columns[c].plants[p].tree_info.body.value, but that's just a list of booleans where it looks like there ought to be arrays...

Anyone able to help?  I want to make a tree-manipulating magic system but right now I'm stumped...

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: September 01, 2014, 09:02:23 am »

3dveins had never worked for me in DFHack40.08-r2 or DFHack40.10-r1. I always use a 4x4 embark (I honestly never thought of trying another lol). It output "Collecting statistics" in the dfhack console then 2-5 secs later the windows crash screen came up for Dwarf Fortress.exe. I've tried it on 6 embarks over 2 (medium all the way) worlds, that were genned on 40.08, using PE's starter packs.

I've downloaded PE's starter pack 40.10 r4 and genned a new medium world on it. Tried 1 3x3 embark(at the place the cursor starts) 3dveins completes successfully. Tried 1 4x4 embark(same place), completes successfully. Tried 2 more embarks 4x4 at some random places on the 40.10 genned world with no issues too.

I tried copying over my 40.08 genned map, loaded up a just arrived save, same old crash. Maybe it is just a problem with some worlds or something that was fixed in 40.10 either in DF or dfhack or the plugin.
It could be a world-specific issue - there's no difference between the DFHack build from this thread and the one included in PE's pack.

I don't think so - the only solution I'm aware of for growing trees is to set a timer to one tick before they should grow. https://github.com/DFHack/df-structures/blob/master/df.plants.xml#L49 seems relevant.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: September 01, 2014, 09:59:30 am »

I can change a tile to a branch/twig/trunk tile, but I can't find where the trees themselves store their shape data, so the new tiles are just generic branches/twigs/trunks without a species, not actually a part of any tree.

The most promising spot I've found is df.global.world.map.map_block_columns[c].plants[p].tree_info.body.value, but that's just a list of booleans where it looks like there ought to be arrays...

Anyone able to help?  I want to make a tree-manipulating magic system but right now I'm stumped...
df.global.world.map.map_block_columns[c].plants[p].tree_info.body is the right place, but you can't really properly access it in lua, because lua can't really do two dimensional arrays. it's actually tree_info.body[z][x+y*width].bits.whatever
The bits correspond to the thickness of the branches on that tile, ranging from twigs, up to trunk. the game will show the biggest size of the branches there, and there's a blocked flag for when there should be a branch there but there's something in the way.
I'm not sure what's the difference between the different thick branches, but they might be directions, I'm not sure.

jwhite.df

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: September 01, 2014, 10:07:56 am »

Interesting. I'm using r3, so maybe I'll try an increment.

jwhite.df

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: September 01, 2014, 11:50:29 am »

Interesting. I'm using r3, so maybe I'll try an increment.

Nope. Same problem.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: September 01, 2014, 01:04:54 pm »

Could anyone explain how I go about using item-trigger in the RAWs? I can't seem to find anything on it other than an explanation of its function. My apologies if I am missing anything.

EDIT: More broadly, are there examples or a how-to-use the modtools mentioned in the readme? Because the readme itself only explains what they do, not how to apply them.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 01:18:23 pm by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 360