Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1071717 times)

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DFHack 0.43.03-r1
« on: June 20, 2014, 02:40:48 am »

DFHack is an attempt to unite the various ways hack tools access DF memory and allow for easier development of new tools (and of course, make the game more enjoyable for players). It comes with some useful tools that can fix your fort and make things easier to handle. DFHack integrates with Dwarf Fortress and extends it with plugins, a command console and a way to bind hotkeys to the commands.

Continued development of DFHack would be impossible without its contributors and definitely isn't a one robot show. Check this out! Peterix started the project but has become relatively inactive so I've volunteered to take over managing the releases. It's open source so anyone can add changes and make their own releases.

Some command examples:
'reveal'     - reveals the map or portions of it.
'digFlood' - digs out a mineral vein as it is discovered without revealing the size
'prospect'   - counts available raw materials - mostly minerals.
'clean'      - removes nasty bloodstains and other such materials from the map, items and creatures.
'cleanowned' - removes ownership of claimed items, solving problems with worn clothing and military starving out the fort.
'stonesense' - an embedded version of the Stonesense isometric visualizer, ready for use.

And many more...

How to install DFHack:
  • First, get the archive meant for your system. Extract the contents into your DF folder.
  • On Windows, you're ready to use DFHack. An extra command line window should appear when you run DF.
  • On Linux, use the 'dfhack' script from a terminal to run DF with DFHack. If you have stonesense problems, you might have to get your own allegro 5 libraries and delete the ones in stonesense/deplibs.

How to uninstall DFHack:
  • Remove 'stonesense', 'hack' and 'dfusion' folders from your DF.
  • On Windows, remove SDL.dll and rename SDLreal.dll to SDL.dll
  • On Linux, remove the dfhack script.

Read the Readme for the full list of commands, their usage and installation instructions.

DFHack 0.43.03-r1 (Current):
Download Link

Currently Available Versions:
  • Linux (gcc 4.5.3)
  • Linux (gcc 4.8.1)
  • Windows
  • OSX (gcc 4.5.4)

What's New

Code: [Select]
This is a release for 0.43.03 (*not* 0.43.04, 0.43.05, or anything newer - support for those is in progress, but likely to take longer than usual, so we decided to make a release for 0.43.03 in the meantime). Please do let us know about any issues - we can always make another 0.43.03 release, even if support for newer versions isn't done.

Changes since 0.42.06:

Lua
---
- Label widgets can now easily register handlers for mouse clicks

New Features
------------
- `add-thought`: allow syndrome name as ``-thought`` argument
- `gui/gm-editor`

- Added ability to insert default types into containers. For primitive types leave the type entry empty, and for references use ``*``.
    - Added ``shift-esc`` binding to fully exit from editor
    - Added ``gui/gm-editor toggle`` command to toggle editor visibility (saving position)

- `modtools/create-unit`:

- Added an option to attach units to an existing wild animal population
    - Added an option to attach units to a map feature

Fixes
-----
- `autofarm`: Can now handle crops that grow for more than a season
- `combine-plants`: Fixed recursion into sub-containers
- `createitem`: Now moves multiple created items to cursor correctly
- `exportlegends`: Improved handling of unknown enum items (fixes many errors)
- `gui/create-item`: Fixed quality when creating multiple items
- `gui/mod-manager`: Fixed error when mods folder doesn't exist
- `modtools/item-trigger`: Fixed handling of items with subtypes
- `stockflow`:

- Can order metal mechanisms
    - Fixed material category of thread-spinning jobs

Misc Improvements
-----------------
- The built-in ``ls`` command now wraps the descriptions of commands
- `catsplosion`: now a lua script instead of a plugin
- `fix/diplomats`: replaces ``fixdiplomats``
- `fix/merchants`: replaces ``fixmerchants``
- Unified script documentation and in-terminal help options

Removed
-------
- `tweak` manager-quantity: no longer needed

Bugs should be reported here: Issues Tracker

There's an IRC channel on freenode: #dfhack (irc://irc.freenode.net/#dfhack or web client)

The source code is available from github, please read the Compile document before building.

DFHack has many developers so we don't take donations. Donate generously to Toady instead! You can say it's in honor of DFHack if you want.

Full list of (old) downloadable versions can be found here: http://dethware.org/dfhack/download/

Previous Thread
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 09:24:17 pm by expwnent »

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r5
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 02:41:07 am »

Older releases:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 12:10:57 pm by expwnent »

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 02:41:48 am »

Reserved.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 05:35:09 am »

PTW, standing by for OSX compile.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 05:55:44 am »

I have a working OS X build, which I will upload as soon as I can (assuming danaris doesn't do it first).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 06:20:14 am »

PTW.  It's great to have an official release again - hopefully all the various scripts and plugins can once more support a single version.  The new features also look great!

I noticed that the Readme link goes to expwnent/dfhack, while the other links are to DFHack/dfhack - is this intentional, and are there any plans regarding the organisation page?
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2014, 06:27:48 am »

I noticed that the Readme link goes to expwnent/dfhack, while the other links are to DFHack/dfhack - is this intentional, and are there any plans regarding the organisation page?
The 0.34.11-r5 branch hasn't been merged back into DFHack/dfhack yet.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 07:07:42 am by lethosor »

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2014, 06:49:58 am »

Thought it'd be something like that.  I'm playing around with it now - i'll probably hold a starter pack release a day or two for Falconne's plugins to update, but I have to mention that your embark tools are fantastic

Edit:  very minor bug report, in the dfhack.init_example workflow bindings are given twice - near the top of the contextual bindings as Ctrl-W, Ctrl-I; and near the bottom as Alt-W. 
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 07:04:33 am by PeridexisErrant »
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2014, 07:03:14 am »

Here is an OS X build.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2014, 08:51:48 am »

The Readme linked in the top post, under "Getting DFHack", links to http://github.com/peterix/dfhack and says releases are announced in http://tinyurl.com/dfhack-ng which redirects to the r3 forum thread.

It's all very confusing.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2014, 09:01:05 am »

The Readme linked in the top post, under "Getting DFHack", links to http://github.com/peterix/dfhack and says releases are announced in http://tinyurl.com/dfhack-ng which redirects to the r3 forum thread.

It's all very confusing.
peterix/dfhack redirects to DFHack/dfhack, the new official repo (the links in the readme are outdated, as is the link in the first post). Expwnent made this release from a branch in expwnent/dfhack, which should be merged back into DFHack/dfhack once someone with write access decides to.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2014, 11:56:10 am »

The links pointed to my repo for things that have changed in this release. There are a few links to the main repo for things that have not changed and for things like the bug tracker, which is one of the places bug reports should go (this thread or the irc channel are also fine). Now that I have write access to the main repo, I switched the links to there. Everything should be fine now.

The readme there is wrong. It's a bug in the documentation.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 12:18:33 pm by expwnent »

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2014, 12:51:51 pm »

This, my friends, is going to be Fun.
And Helpful.
And !!Helpful!!.
Dfhack is awesome.
EDIT: Which plugin lets you manage jobs and check emotions? Because it doesn't seem to be on automatically.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2014, 02:50:04 pm »

EDIT: Which plugin lets you manage jobs and check emotions? Because it doesn't seem to be on automatically.

I believe you're referring to "manipulator" (this is the ASCII version of Therapist, which you get by pressing u l) and "dwarfmonitor", which puts the colored numbers in the lower right corner of the main screen.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2014, 02:51:19 pm »

I have a question, one that is rather important for MasterworkDF. Especially considering that I myself cannot code C++. Lua I understand a bit by now.

How much cross-compability exists between r4 and r5, and, if any assumptions can be made, how much updating will need to be done for the DF2014 release?

Where the r5 release has 36 scripts in the script folder, Masterwork has 151. If most of them break, a big portion of the mod becomes broken as well.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 360