Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1073322 times)

astronom

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r5
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2014, 06:39:18 am »

How to heal rotten bodypart?
My dwarves dig warpstone and they heart and spine are roten. fullheal or healunit script doesnt remove rotten status. (i'm use this script https://gist.github.com/warmist/8594614)

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2014, 12:22:53 pm »

Stonesense links are now provided in the front post for Windows and Linux.

I'm going to say that if you use the temporary names in a script, then you're accepting the risk of a change and it's the scripter's responsibility to stay current. At some point, I might write a script to automate what I did in the main post this time and make it include ALL changes. If I manage that, it'll help with those too.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 12:25:56 pm by expwnent »

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2014, 03:48:57 pm »

unit.body.body_plan.attacks i.e. caste_attack appears to have problems. DFhack crashed when trying to printall the tissue_layer_idx. Other data such as the skill used for body part attacks is always printed as 0.

See https://github.com/angavrilov/df-structures/blob/master/df.creature-raws.xml#L559
Looks like I got something messed up when mapping out that structure; remapping it now.

[edit] Fixed them now - specialattack_temp_mat should only be length 3, and there should be an additional int32 "velocity_modifier" after skill.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 03:58:23 pm by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2014, 05:22:47 pm »

What do you mean, biased? At least you know how the scripts are done. :P

Here my thoughts:
  • Autofixhandedness is a must, otherwise custom gloves cant be done.
  • Embark dwarves and embark points, for more dwarves/points at the start.
  • A script for skill training, I have several ones I use in the mod.
  • Boltguns conversion scripts. He can charm captured invaders and make civ members of them.
  • Everything Roses has written, ever. Seriously, they do so much for raw modders.
  • An announcements script.
  • Urist DaVincis scripts to add/remove materials and pets to civs.
  • Emigration by IndigoFenix, to handle unhappy dwarves.
  • Empregnate to replenish civ members.
  • Putnams Itemsyndrome, ProjectileExpansion, Gods, HackWish and more. Lots of this is basis for enchanted weapons, special ammo...
  • Force Event, also Putnam. Forces caravans, migrants, sieges... super useful for more interaction with the world, and to make reactions that might trigger a full blown attack. Good for bored people that want a challenge.
  • A feed script that sets hunger/thirst to 0, to allow keeping grazing animals indoor, which are fed manually.
  • Quietusts make-monarch, which allows people that play with low pop-limits to get kings. Usually you need 140 dwarves to trigger the possible arrival of the king, the script allows smaller forts to do that.
  • Add/Remove thoughts. Scripts that temper with thoughts, adding good or bad ones. Necessary for finer balancing, and to help save almost miserable dwarves.
  • Spawnunit is included now? Warmists creature spawning. This fixed the holy grail of modding, creating new units.

If you want any of them, I can have a look through my folder and send them to you/post them here. But most of them are in the dfhack script collection already. :)

IndigoFenix has written dozens of awesome features for the Masterwork Gnomes as well. Druidium and animal speech/taming, custom machines that allow turing complete setups (much easier than in vanilla), and for example a gun that shoots a cage as projectile and traps the unit it hits. Better ask him for details.... although he would have to write some form of readme. ^^

Masterwork-specific scripts should, of course, stay as a part of Masterwork so that we don't clutter the default scripts folder, but send me any that you think would be generally useful for modders overall. I'm a bit curious to see what scripters are doing these days anyway. If there's a more recent version of anything already in the repo, send me those too. I agree most or all of Putnam's scripts should be included unless he objects for any reason.

I realize this would be extra work, but if possible I'd like to comment each script with its original author to ensure that everyone is credited properly. If you could help with that I would appreciate it.

FWIW, here's the scripts that I include in the Starter Pack that were not in r3 (excluding those in r5):

forceunit info viewer GUI, plugin to fix growthbug, forumdwarves, showunitsyndromes, removewearrepeat, feeding-timers

Edit:  particularly the growth-bug fix - here's the source - since it seems that r5 doesn't fix that at all.  I'll have to track down one of the script versions in the meantime.

I'd prefer a script version to include in the repo. That's the sort of thing that shouldn't require a plugin. Technically plugins make startup time a little slower for the main program and make compile time a little slower. Individually it doesn't matter, but in general I think we should use scripts when possible. I realize that many of the plugins I've written could be converted into scripts and I'm working on it.

In general, I'd like to keep the scripts in the repo up to date. Someone (probably the original author) should let me know when there's an update to any of them. Ideally they'd make a pull request themselves but a lot of people don't know how to use git (it's not that hard and the tutorials out there are good).

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2014, 05:31:19 pm »

I'm currently using Kurik's ruby script, here.  Which I just realised isn't listed on my contents page... I'll go fix that. 

Edit:  and with the stonesense build, I get an error right at the top when I open DF:  "plugin stonesense has no enabled var" in red. 
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 05:46:22 pm by PeridexisErrant »
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2014, 07:28:23 pm »

I don't object; the only reason I haven't done a pull request to get them included myself is because I'm meek as shit and worried that I'm not up to snuff.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2014, 09:07:23 pm »

Edit:  and with the stonesense build, I get an error right at the top when I open DF:  "plugin stonesense has no enabled var" in red.
I have the same since a dozen version or so of my mod. Never figured out what it is, Japa doesnt now either. Doesnt seem to do any harm.

Are falconnes plugins in this mix?

When I find the time I can bundle you up a few scripts with author name and all that, but I will work on text will be text for now.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2014, 09:41:52 pm »

I have the same since a dozen version or so of my mod. Never figured out what it is, Japa doesnt now either. Doesnt seem to do any harm.

Huh.  If it's not causing any issues I guess I'll stick it in, and hope the overlay version comes out soon...

Falconne's plugins are in, but as they were about a month ago - v43 or v44 probably - and the drop-in set should update soon. 
 Donations here.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2014, 09:58:24 pm »

Japa should really fix it. It won't cause problems, but it should still be fixed.

Falconne's plugins are already merged in periodically by angavrilov.

Putnam: I'll take a look at your scripts. The most recent versions are in your gist right?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 10:14:53 pm by expwnent »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2014, 10:04:07 pm »

Huh.  If it's not causing any issues I guess I'll stick it in, and hope the overlay version comes out soon...

Falconne's plugins are in, but as they were about a month ago - v43 or v44 probably - and the drop-in set should update soon.

That is  the overlay version, actually.

EDIT: I fixed the overlay var error. a fix should be up in a bit.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 10:26:14 pm by Japa »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2014, 10:33:28 pm »

And checking the logs, I got no result for typing "stonesense overley".  /derp.  It works now. 

It's fantastic.  It even works with mousequery, although the following cursor is offset a little in tracking mode. 

Edit:  the cursor, for me, is always offset from the mouse by the same amount:  [-2,3,0] tiles (ie DF cursor is above and left of the mouse).  This happens with both 16x16 and 12x8 tilesets.  Would it be possible to configure an offset? 

I also get a crash if I launch the overlay from dfhack.init, and then maximise the DF window before everything finishes loading.  Waiting a few seconds to maximise avoids the issue. 
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 11:11:47 pm by PeridexisErrant »
 Donations here.

itg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2014, 03:19:49 am »

Great work! Just wanted to report a little bug: the "die" command causes the game to crash. I mean, mission accomplished, in a sense, but still.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2014, 03:26:38 am »

that's a known bug, and not sure how to fix it, but it only happens after stonesense has been run.

catvanbrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2014, 09:20:09 am »

how do you spawn wild animals with the command spawn?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2014, 11:03:27 am »

Quietusts make-monarch, which allows people that play with low pop-limits to get kings. Usually you need 140 dwarves to trigger the possible arrival of the king, the script allows smaller forts to do that.
I don't recall writing that script, and a quick check against the DFHack repository shows that it was Warmist who added it. I may have provided guidance on writing it, but I'm pretty sure I didn't actually write it (since I would've insisted on also adding history events for assigning the new monarch and possibly also for removing the old one).

Besides, there's a much easier way to get a King in a smaller fortress - run the command ":lua df.global.ui.fortress_rank = 5" to become a Metropolis.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 11:06:44 am by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 360