Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1073254 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r5
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2014, 10:40:49 am »

Lua table indexes start from 1, not 0.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2014, 10:45:24 am »

Looking through some lua documentation I found this;

Code: [Select]
The # operator doesn't count all the items in the table (!), instead it finds the last integer (not-fractional number) key. Because of how it's implemented, its results are undefined if all the integer keys in the table aren't consecutive (that is, don't use it for tables used as sparse arrays[2]).
So I was indeed misinterpreting what the # operator does. It is much more limited than I had hoped, I will have to make sure my scripts account for this.

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2014, 03:25:27 pm »

So what's with the lack of rendermax? Isn't it in the r5 changelog in the OP?

Many of those require complex interactions between plugins, scripts, and parsing raw file strings hidden in things like syndrome classes. It isn't something you can just drop onto an existing game.
What I usually do is use a Masterwork build and remove most of the extra stuff like metals and Succubi until I'm left with a practically vanilla game to play with. It'd be a pain to re-add all this stuff on top of a vanilla game by hand.

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2014, 09:30:46 am »

I'm sorry if it is an obvious question - I'm new to df. There are no bin patches for OS X in dfhack r5?

Question 2: What am I doing wrong?
I want seedwatch to activate automatically.

Dwarf Fortress r5/data/save/region1/raw/onload.init
seedwatch all 25
seedwatch MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP 50
seedwatch start

Log:
seedwatch supervision started.
seedwatch deactivated due to game load/unload
Protecting 62 jobs.
DFHack is ready. Have a nice day!
Type in '?' or 'help' for general help, 'ls' to see all commands.
[DFHack]# seedwatch info
seedwatch Info:
seedwatch is not supervising.  Use 'seedwatch start' to start supervision.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 10:24:34 am by falcn »

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2014, 10:39:23 am »

There are no bin patches for OS X in dfhack r5?
Most of the binary patches were only written for Windows and Linux - considerable extra effort is required in order to port them to OSX, so it hasn't been done yet.

[edit] For the record, I've located all of the patch points for the various patches, though I currently don't have the means to write the patches myself.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 03:14:05 pm by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2014, 11:26:48 am »

In trying to run DFHack on Linux, I'm experiencing an error where libstdc++.so.6 does not contain versions GLIBCXX_3.4.20, GLIBCXX_3.4.18, GLIBCXX_3.4.15, CXXABI_1.3.8, or CXXABI_1.3.5, and as such, I cannot run it. Libstdc++.so.6 is in the libs folder, so it is accounted for.

I hate to be that guy, but am I missing packages or libraries, goon up somewhere in unzipping the file, generally emit stupidity, or...?
Remove libstdc++ from libs/ and let DFHack use your system libc++.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2014, 11:47:26 am »

If you don't have gcc 4.9 installed (e.g. on Ubuntu), try the version for gcc 4.8 from the first post (here).

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2014, 06:34:25 pm »

Thanks to jj`` and Quietust, the hospital-overstocking binpatch now works on OS X: https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/tree/develop/patches/v0.34.11%20osx (save the .dif file(s) to "hack/patches/v0.34.11 osx/(patch name).dif").
Note that for this to work, you must patch hack/lua/binpatch.lua (not hack/scripts/binpatch.lua). Change line 45 from
local base = dfhack.internal.getImageBase()to
local base = (dfhack.getOSType() == 'darwin' and 0x1000) or dfhack.internal.getImageBase()This fix is also possible with DFHack r3/r4, but I have not tested the binpatch with those versions yet.

Edit: typo, updated link
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 04:16:28 pm by lethosor »

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2014, 06:43:03 pm »

Most of the binary patches were only written for Windows and Linux - considerable extra effort is required in order to port them to OSX, so it hasn't been done yet.

[edit] For the record, I've located all of the patch points for the various patches, though I currently don't have the means to write the patches myself.
Unfortunately, assembler isn't my cup of tea.
Thanks to jj`` and Quietust, the hospital-overstocking binpatch now works on OS X: \
Thanks! Works on 0.34.11 r5 / OS X 10.9.3, no overstocking
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 03:32:26 am by falcn »

Monkeylordmafia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2014, 09:19:05 pm »

what happened to the fullheal command?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2014, 09:28:24 pm »

what happened to the fullheal command?
That doesn't appear to have ever been part of the DFHack repository. An older version for r3 can be found here - it isn't compatible with r5, but parts of it still work.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2014, 10:32:02 pm »

I'll add it the queue of scripts I'm updating to include in this and future versions.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2014, 04:06:26 am »

There are no bin patches for OS X in dfhack r5?

Excellent. I checked the list, and there are 2 more binpatches that could make the list:
User2's manager unlimiter
Urist Da Vinci's weapon velocity patch

I see that jj is wrinting the .dif-s. Should I send the PM with this?

And a bit noob question. The patch that jj posted looks like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Do I need to use it as it is, or only the lines with the plus signs? I'm asking because I've seen github patches that marked the line changes with minus and plus signs, and I'm unsure about this one. The game accepts the binpatch either way, but I can't confirm if it's working correctly or not. :(

ag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2014, 04:17:34 am »

And a bit noob question. The patch that jj posted looks like this:
00110776: 75 90
00110777: D8 90
006602C4: 04 3C
006602CE: 40 47
Do I need to use it as it is, or only the lines with the plus signs? I'm asking because I've seen github patches that marked the line changes with minus and plus signs, and I'm unsure about this one. The game accepts the binpatch either way, but I can't confirm if it's working correctly or not. :(

Actually the important part is those four lines at the end. The rest is just documentation.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2014, 04:26:12 am »

Actually the important part is those four lines at the end. The rest is just documentation.
Thx!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 360