Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1073216 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r5
« Reply #120 on: June 30, 2014, 06:09:53 pm »

So cackling summoned bogeymen in fort mode seem to act friendly after you made the switch.

Sadly I have no idea how to trigger the cackling to keep spawning bogeymen in fort mode.

So good news it's even Easier to train and tame bogeymen.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 30, 2014, 07:08:50 pm »

I would recommend renaming hackWish to something more descriptive like gui/createitems or something along those lines.

It's on the todo list. I'm actually going to move the main part to modules/Items.cpp and re-expose it to Lua then have gui/hack-wish.lua for your nice user interface and modtools/create-item.lua for creating things from item-trigger/etc. It's all going to be different at first, but once it's all standardized and everyone switches over it'll be a lot easier to work with.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 30, 2014, 07:14:18 pm »

Sounds great.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 30, 2014, 07:59:16 pm »

Using the awesome power of "mode set", I have discovered and proven a few things about the game.
Fortress Mode and Arena Mode are very similar, as are Adventure Mode and Controlling-a-Creature-in-Arena Mode - to get to Fortress Mode from Adventure Mode, you must go to the second Arena Mode, remove control of the creature, and then set it to Fortress Mode.
The game defaults to the first entry specified for a type of object if none is defined - two examples are "toad" and "iron". "There are no idle toads or jobs" indeed.
Perhaps the ability to spawn a creature in Fortress Mode as a citizen could be added in another version/update?
Also, the game seems to define members of a civilized race as Hostile under a surprising set of conditions - using embark-tools to embark on a human fort had all soldiers hostile but the local law-giver Friendly. Using "mode set" proves that this seems to apply to any non-major historical figure - in a mass of hostile Human Bone Carvers, Farmers, and Engravers, a Bowman, a Lye Maker, and a Child were all Friendly for some reason, as well as the "adventurer", who was not my original due to "mode set" magics. Also, going from Arena Mode to Fortress Mode acts as if the game were under the effect of "reveal hell" minus the force-pause. Letting the game tick one frame lets the spoilers fly out, and going much further crashes the game.
More Research is required, preferably with more magma.

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 30, 2014, 08:06:59 pm »

Perhaps the ability to spawn a creature in Fortress Mode as a citizen could be added in another version/update?

Yes. YES. Please yes. I want that so badly you could not even know, and it would be useful in so many ways. Being able to decide its name, age, and skill/attribute levels would be good too.
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 30, 2014, 08:22:47 pm »

Yes. YES. Please yes. I want that so badly you could not even know, and it would be useful in so many ways. Being able to decide its name, age, and skill/attribute levels would be good too.
I'm pretty sure spawnunit can do most of this (except for age and skills, which are fairly easy to set manually).
Edit: link
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 30, 2014, 08:23:18 pm »

It's hard to think of a situation where it wouldn't be useful.
New soldier, on-the-field testing, bait for a trap, not Miserable citizen, the list goes on for its uses.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 30, 2014, 10:29:44 pm »

I'm pretty sure spawnunit can do most of this (except for age and skills, which are fairly easy to set manually).
Edit: link
you can't even set age in arena so  it can do all of those by editing the newly created unit.
spawn unit kinda killed the idea of arena spawning stuff... oh and one thing combat_side is tied to arena and 0 is Independent and 1 is team 1 and so on.
Not much to do in that other than performing the more broken way to switch between modes other than the save method like spawning liquids and spawning units and items are all done by plugins or addons to dfhack by now.
the only thing I can see arena has in use is to set up easier to do community events that doesn't take years of dfhack to make or run and cracking the other plane riddle "is it possible for a dwarf to add more land to a worldgen? can said land not be connected to the world."
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

GreyPowerVan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 30, 2014, 10:46:52 pm »

Is anyone still working on autolabor?  I was trying to teach my wife dwarf fortress and she hated micromanaging workers, but I just discovered autolabor can halt your fortress, due to it assigning 7 woodcutters (even though I only have one axe) and then being unable to assign them to the mining duty due to the equipment bug.

I eventually fixed it by disabling autolabor and going into therapist, then making people miners and turning autolabor back on, but that's not a solution.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 01, 2014, 06:04:58 am »

I'm working on converting spawn-unit to C++ and also other things. Does anyone have a working, tested script that has to do with adding units to historical entities and groups? It would help.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 01, 2014, 06:10:22 am »

I'm working on converting spawn-unit to C++ and also other things. Does anyone have a working, tested script that has to do with adding units to historical entities and groups? It would help.
https://gist.github.com/warmist/8563110#file-spawn-unit-lua-L364

The issue is that it add historical figure (and more importantly nemesis entry) to a site. If site is not available i have no idea how badly it corrupts your saves. The issue is that we don't mess with save files as a principle. Afaik this works in fort mode.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 01, 2014, 07:17:54 am »

I don't know how to expose it to Lua, but I typed it up in C++. https://github.com/expwnent/dfhack/tree/spawnUnit

Warmist: if you could expose it to Lua and sanity check it for me I would greatly appreciate it. I don't really know what I'm doing.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 01, 2014, 07:30:32 am »

I think it would be as easy as adding few lines here: https://github.com/expwnent/dfhack/blob/spawnUnit/library/LuaApi.cpp#L1402
Might be wrong though...

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 01, 2014, 07:33:10 am »

I tried that. It threw an exception about complex objects.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 01, 2014, 07:38:48 am »

Okay, i'll look into this, hopefully tonight.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 360