Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1073324 times)

breadman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r5
« Reply #135 on: July 01, 2014, 02:42:36 pm »

Is anyone still working on autolabor?  I was trying to teach my wife dwarf fortress and she hated micromanaging workers, but I just discovered autolabor can halt your fortress, due to it assigning 7 woodcutters (even though I only have one axe) and then being unable to assign them to the mining duty due to the equipment bug.

I've considered fixing that, but haven't yet gotten around to more than a cursory scan of the source.  It has specific provisions for the three equipment labors (woodcutting, hunting, and mining), but they don't seem to work quite right.

So far, I've been able to work around the issue by limiting those three labors to small numbers (for example, autolabor CUTWOOD 1 2).  As long as the sum is less than the number of civilians in your fort, you should be all right.

I have also noticed that it tends to send quite a few people fishing even when limited to allow only one fisher, because it prefers to assign labors to an idle dwarf than to the ones actively performing the task.
Quote from: Kevin Wayne, in r.g.r.n
Is a "diety" the being pictured by one of those extremely skinny aboriginal statues?

Quarterblue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 01, 2014, 06:32:23 pm »

Is Emigration in the repo? I think it should be in, it's a useful, easily customizable feature that can't hurt.

Riemann

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 01, 2014, 06:37:43 pm »

So mucking about in Ruby for a DFHack plugin was way easier than Lua but still I am feeling too constrained here. Should have just stuck to what I know and gone with C++ from the start.

would any of you fine chaps have a link to how to set up a build environment for a C++ DFHack plugin? If it matters I'll be using Visual Studio.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Riemann

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 01, 2014, 06:46:34 pm »

thanks! will check that out when I get home

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 01, 2014, 08:10:51 pm »

Danaris has put up an experimental version of Stonesense here. It's not that stable or official yet, but it should work well enough for screenshots and experiments (be sure to save before using it).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 02, 2014, 03:33:36 am »

Danaris has put up an experimental version of Stonesense here. It's not that stable or official yet, but it should work well enough for screenshots and experiments (be sure to save before using it).
Won't load, freetype 6 dylib is missing.
Nevermind, works with freetype6 from XQuartz.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 04:16:06 am by fricy »

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 02, 2014, 09:13:59 am »

Yep, this is why I hadn't posted about that build myself—I'm still trying to work all the library bugs out of it :P

Merkator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 02, 2014, 11:59:49 am »

Hi everyone.
I spent few minutes on writing something that seems to me useful.
DF normally doesn't give you any small 'reward' when you play it.
By reward I mean things like 'Badges' or 'Achievements'.
From psychological point of view they give us great tool for attracting attention of players and even teaching
about game itself.

Here is the source code -> https://gist.github.com/Demagogue/216e89435d2550108f6f

This is already only basic template and lack almost any documentation and code for updating variables.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 02, 2014, 12:11:52 pm »

Hehe, sounds fun. I could definitely find a use for that.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #145 on: July 02, 2014, 12:18:02 pm »

Hi everyone.
I spent few minutes on writing something that seems to me useful.
DF normally doesn't give you any small 'reward' when you play it.
By reward I mean things like 'Badges' or 'Achievements'.
From psychological point of view they give us great tool for attracting attention of players and even teaching
about game itself.

Here is the source code -> https://gist.github.com/Demagogue/216e89435d2550108f6f

This is already only basic template and lack almost any documentation and code for updating variables.
I love it. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Merkator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 03, 2014, 06:13:14 am »

@Putnam @Meph Great to see you both like it.

I made some updates.
Little more docs now + now it is possible to set how often those archievement achievements (I don't know why but I always have the weird feeling that somewhere inside word 'achievement' need to be 'r'. ) need to be checked.
For now I don't have time to test it properly, but if you feel generous download it and play with this.
I appreciate every comment about my style and/or mistakes.

Link stay the same -> https://gist.github.com/Demagogue/216e89435d2550108f6f

If I clutter this topic just say I move somewhere else.  ::)

esarbe

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Building for Fedora 20, c'td.
« Reply #147 on: July 03, 2014, 06:44:13 am »

Hi everyone,

thanks for the help so far!

(just in case anyone is having the same problems:
Code: [Select]
CMake Error at depends/protobuf/CMakeLists.txt:60 (MESSAGE):
   Could not find a working hash map implementation.  Please install GCC >=
   4.4, and all necessary 32-bit C++ development libraries.
)

i was able to build the dfhack 0.34.11 r5 on Fedora 20 (Heisenbug). I was indeed lacking the appropriate i686 packages, which in the case of Fedora are glibc-devel.i686 and libstdc++-devel.i686. I also added the -m32 flag to the C and CXX compilers.

However; for the project build to actually complete I had to manually add the /usr/lib/pthread.so library during the linking stage for protoc-bin and dfhack-run.

In the case of protoc-bin I edited the generated file 'build/depends/protobuf/CMakeFiles/protoc-bin.dir/link.txt'

Code: [Select]
/usr/bin/c++   -m32 -fvisibility=hidden -m32 -march=i686 -mtune=generic -std=c++0x -O3 -DNDEBUG  \
  CMakeFiles/protoc-bin.dir/google/protobuf/compiler/main.cc.o  -o protoc -rdynamic libprotoc.so  /usr/lib/libpthread.so \
  libprotobuf.so -lz -Wl,-rpath,/home/bra/source/dfhack/build/depends/protobuf

I guess this is something that could be fixed during build configurations. I don't have any experience with cmake, so I'm open to any suggestions on how to fix this.

Cheers,
esarbe

ExpHP

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 03, 2014, 12:54:54 pm »

A couple of tips for those still on the previous LTS release of Ubuntu (12.04 Precise), which was only superseded very recently, and will continue to receive support for a couple more years:

Even the alternate version included here is still too "bleeding-edge" compared to the versions of g++ available on the Precise repositories, so you'll need to build it.  Here's a complete list of commands to run, starting from a fresh 32-bit Ubuntu 12.04: (64-bit users, read below)

64-bit users will need to get multiarch or i386 versions of most of the packages.  I personally find it to be a lot of trouble seeking out all the appropriate 32-bit dev packages sometimes, so I will describe how you can get around this entirely by using lxc to create a virtual 32-bit build environment.

You may still need a couple of 32-bit packages to run DFhack outside the virtual box, but not nearly as many as you would need to build it.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 10:26:10 am by ExpHP »

SanderMarechal

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 03, 2014, 06:22:04 pm »

Hi. I can't get dfhack to work. I am on a fresh install of Debian "Jessie" testing, the upcoming Debian release. My Linux is 64bit but I installed all the libraries I need (I think) in 32bit. Vanilla DF works fine. But when I try to start dfhack I get:

sander@porky:/opt/df_linux$ ./dfhack
./libs/Dwarf_Fortress: /opt/df_linux/libs/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by ./hack/libdfhack.so)
./libs/Dwarf_Fortress: /opt/df_linux/libs/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.8' not found (required by ./hack/libdfhack.so)
./libs/Dwarf_Fortress: /opt/df_linux/libs/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.18' not found (required by ./hack/libdfhack.so)
./libs/Dwarf_Fortress: /opt/df_linux/libs/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.5' not found (required by ./hack/libdfhack.so)
./libs/Dwarf_Fortress: /opt/df_linux/libs/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by ./hack/libdfhack.so)
./libs/Dwarf_Fortress: /opt/df_linux/libs/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.8' not found (required by ./hack/libprotobuf-lite.so)
-e

Any help? I have libstdc++6 installed in both 32bit and 64bit versions so I'm not sure what the problem is. Is this a problem with the libstdc++.so.6 file shipped by DF?

EDIT: I think I worked around it for now, but I haven't properly tested yet. dfhack starts, but I haven't run any game yet. What I did was move the provided libs/libstdc++.so.6 out of the way and replace it with a symlink to /usr/lib/gcc/i586-linux-gnu/4.9/libstdc++.so
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 06:27:02 pm by SanderMarechal »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 360