Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1073393 times)

Bartholomew The Pious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r5
« Reply #165 on: July 06, 2014, 10:19:58 pm »

That's the "kittens" plugin.
Possible Problems:
  • Developer plugins were accidentally included in the linux distribution in the Linux and Windows versions. These plugins are used by individual developers for testing purposes. Unless you are certain otherwise, you should assume they are all dangerous, and that there will not be any backwards compatibility guarantees. The safest thing is to delete them from hack/plugins manually after installing. The full list:
    • autolabor2
    • buildprobe
    • counters
    • dumpmats
    • eventExample
    • frozen
    • itemhacks
    • kittens
    • memview
    • nestboxes
    • notes
    • onceExample
    • printArgs
    • rawdump
    • ref-index
    • rprobe
    • stepBetween
    • stockcheck
    • stripcaged
    • tiles
    • tilesieve
    • vectors
    • vshook
so far the only dangerous thing kitten does is prevent me from quitting the game at all, unless the console is terminated
I can't quote for squat, but this is very true. Credit to PTTG?? for this insightful comment.
~Haven & Hearth has always been a terrible game with great promise. That promise kind of faded away, and now it's mainly a way for a few dedicated scumbags to annoy the few new people who drift in.~

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 06, 2014, 10:20:45 pm »

The most common mistake with syndromeTrigger is that you have to explicitly enable it in dfhack.init or manually with

Code: [Select]
enable syndromeTrigger
Just glancing at your inorganic, it looks fine to me but I haven't tested it personally. If you still have problems after the above I'll look into it in more detail.

PS: Just so you know, in the next release you'll need to switch over to the new system, which will require this line in onLoad.init:

Code: [Select]
syndrome-trigger -syndrome "wake gabbro" -command [ tesb-spawn GABBRO \\LOCATION \\UNIT_ID ]
It turns out that it's syndromeTrigger enable rather than enable syndromeTrigger but thanks for the tip on putting it in the init file.  Unfortunately, it still doesn't seem to work :(

Although I can hunt down some of the actual mineral clusters, what I've been doing as a test is using DFHack's createitem BOULDER "LIVING GRANITE" (which sometimes fails to check temperature, leaving a boil-away stone that doesn't boil away).  When it poofs properly, there's no indication of the syndrome.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 07, 2014, 02:40:52 am »

syndromeTrigger enable and enable syndromeTrigger should both work.

Not sure this is exactly the right place to ask this question, but I can't get syndromeTrigger to work.  I have a set of minerals that are supposed to trigger a script when mined, but the script is never getting called (I put an unconditional print in there to make sure).  The script runs from the DFHack prompt, but repeated applications of the boil-away stone don't work.  Once I found out that syndromeTrigger can be enabled or disabled, I re-genned a world with syndromeTrigger enabled, but got the same (non)results.

The script is a stripped-down version of spawn-unit.lua with an added bit to make an announcement.

I'm probably making a rookie mistake with the syndromeTrigger, but I just can't find it.  Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Are you sure that the syndrome is being applied at all? Can you make it happen when the syndrome is applied as part of an interaction?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 07, 2014, 10:31:50 am »

syndromeTrigger enable and enable syndromeTrigger should both work.

Not sure this is exactly the right place to ask this question, but I can't get syndromeTrigger to work.  I have a set of minerals that are supposed to trigger a script when mined, but the script is never getting called (I put an unconditional print in there to make sure).  The script runs from the DFHack prompt, but repeated applications of the boil-away stone don't work.  Once I found out that syndromeTrigger can be enabled or disabled, I re-genned a world with syndromeTrigger enabled, but got the same (non)results.

The script is a stripped-down version of spawn-unit.lua with an added bit to make an announcement.

I'm probably making a rookie mistake with the syndromeTrigger, but I just can't find it.  Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Are you sure that the syndrome is being applied at all? Can you make it happen when the syndrome is applied as part of an interaction?
That occurred to me after I quit for the night.  Next time I get a crack at it, I'll add a specific effect like a blinking tile or something to make sure.  I just find it hard to believe that the dwarf happened to not inhale after so many tests.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

ChaosOrdeal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 08, 2014, 05:25:27 pm »

OK, I'll be the guy who asks.  Where can I find info regarding DFHack for the just-released (0.40.0x) version.  Please note that this is NOT a when-you-gonna-get-it-done-? post.  I just want to know where to check for it when it is finished, or is in beta and needs testers, and thanks for all your very appreciated work so far.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 05:27:28 pm by ChaosOrdeal »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 08, 2014, 05:56:34 pm »

OK, I'll be the guy who asks.  Where can I find info regarding DFHack for the just-released (0.40.0x) version.  Please note that this is NOT a when-you-gonna-get-it-done-? post.  I just want to know where to check for it when it is finished, or is in beta and needs testers, and thanks for all your very appreciated work so far.

Probably right here or at least in a new topic in the DF Modding subforum. It wouldn't be anywhere else here. Github is the only other place to look.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 08, 2014, 05:58:54 pm »

Probably right here or at least in a new topic in the DF Modding subforum. It wouldn't be anywhere else here. Github is the only other place to look.
#dfhack on freenode.net is fairly active
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #172 on: July 08, 2014, 09:13:45 pm »

its not a when-you-gonna-get-it-done-? post.
Oh, but I want to do one. :P

I am in absolutely no hurry with this, but a rough idea (1 week, 1 month, 3 months-after-Toady-did-bugfix-releases-himself), would be nice. Not necessary in any way, but it would allow me to time my own stuff better to be on par with it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 08, 2014, 09:32:31 pm »

its not a when-you-gonna-get-it-done-? post.
Oh, but I want to do one. :P

I am in absolutely no hurry with this, but a rough idea (1 week, 1 month, 3 months-after-Toady-did-bugfix-releases-himself), would be nice. Not necessary in any way, but it would allow me to time my own stuff better to be on par with it.
Updating from 0.31.25 to 0.34.02 took 9 days, IIRC. It'll probably be longer this time - maybe 2 weeks? I'm not doing memory analysis myself, so I'm not sure.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 09, 2014, 12:20:16 am »

Some amount of time between a week and a month is seems like a safe bet.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 09, 2014, 12:42:55 am »

Some amount of time between a week and a month is seems like a safe bet.
But does not take into account meteor strikes. I would plan from a week and infinity. :D

EDIT: a somewhat realistic measure of progress: here . The more stuff gets aligned/verified, the more finished new version is.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 12:45:05 am by Warmist »

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 09, 2014, 01:37:45 pm »

my guess is there'll be a wait for bugfix updates first, which is reasonable.  That said I'm looking forward to playing the new adventure mode with advfort :D, hopefully now we'll be able to build anywhere now and not just already established lairs *crosses fingers*

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 09, 2014, 05:10:47 pm »

my guess is there'll be a wait for bugfix updates first, which is reasonable.  That said I'm looking forward to playing the new adventure mode with advfort :D, hopefully now we'll be able to build anywhere now and not just already established lairs *crosses fingers*
Actually there was a script that would create a site at current location. Bigger problem was returning to almost any site would duplicate something till it lagged everything to death. Hopefully that is fixed in new df.

Hibgolz98G

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 09, 2014, 08:21:36 pm »

Sorry but how do I run the stonesense inside of the game? I really cant figure it out and its one of the coolest new features. I try to enter stonesense into DFhack while the game is running but it just makes a second window like it always does.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 09, 2014, 09:22:48 pm »

type "stonesense overlay"
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 360