Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1073244 times)

Hibgolz98G

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r5
« Reply #180 on: July 09, 2014, 10:08:57 pm »

That's amazing! Dwarf Fortress with graphics!

Hesperid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 10, 2014, 07:45:11 am »

Version 0.40.01 is so absolutely broken that I don't think it's even worth updating DFhack for it, yet.

e: typo

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 10, 2014, 07:47:42 am »

Version 0.40.01 is so absolutely broken that I don't think it's even worth updating DFhack for it, yet.

e: typo
Bugfixes usually change very little of df compared to real releases so almost everything will be straightforward to port into bugfix version.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #183 on: July 10, 2014, 09:50:43 am »

ptw, also mentioning that the image in Japa's sig automatically updates to tell you how much has been done on DF Hack!

« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 10:15:51 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Hesperid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 10, 2014, 04:37:11 pm »

So the newest release (r5) of DFhack for 0.34.11 doesn't work for me because the shared object libstdc++ that is bundled requires a newer glibc. I did the usual workaround of removing it and linking to my system's shared object, however:

stonesense.plug.so ALSO requires this same version of glibc. And I can't just replace the stonesense shared objects.

So I downloaded the stonesense repository to compile it. The compile instructions simply say it can't be compiled alone and must be compiled with DFhack.

So I download the source to DFhack and all the 32-bit libraries it requires and all the ruby nonsense it requires. I finally get it to compile, but: the compiled shared objects don't include stonesense!

So I go through the Cmake file in plugins/ to see that stonesense isn't included anywhere in the list. As a last resort I try just including it as a directory -- maybe now it'll get built. Well, no. There's a syntax error in the source code:

custom_builds/dfhack/plugins/stonesense/Creatures.cpp:578:35: error: ‘InBody’ is not a member of ‘df::unit_inventory_item::T_mode’ itemslot->mode != df::unit_inventory_item::T_mode::InBody) {

Doubt I have what it takes to actually start fixing code. The instructions to building stonesense say to look at the instructions to building DFhack to see how to build stonesense. The compile instructions for DFhack don't even mention stonesense.

So how do I build stonesense?

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 10, 2014, 08:39:11 pm »

So I download the source to DFhack and all the 32-bit libraries it requires and all the ruby nonsense it requires. I finally get it to compile, but: the compiled shared objects don't include stonesense!

You need to change the NO to YES on line 9 of plugins/CMakeLists.txt, then rebuild.

There's a syntax error in the source code:

custom_builds/dfhack/plugins/stonesense/Creatures.cpp:578:35: error: ‘InBody’ is not a member of ‘df::unit_inventory_item::T_mode’ itemslot->mode != df::unit_inventory_item::T_mode::InBody) {

I believe this means you need to update the dfstructures submodule in library/xml (git submodule init; git submodule update in the main DFHack directory should do this). However, I'm not 100% sure.

Is this on Linux or OS X?

Hesperid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 10, 2014, 08:41:35 pm »

You need to change the NO to YES on line 9 of plugins/CMakeLists.txt, then rebuild.

There's a syntax error in the source code:

I believe this means you need to update the dfstructures submodule in library/xml (git submodule init; git submodule update in the main DFHack directory should do this). However, I'm not 100% sure.

Is this on Linux or OS X?

It's on Linux. I updated the submodules before the error already so the problem's not there. I got it to work by stealing a copy of that single file from a different person's repository. It compiled and hasn't run into massive bugs at least yet.

I don't recommend anyone else going that route if they can avoid it, however.

Spacebat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 10, 2014, 09:45:51 pm »

I'm a programmer and I've worked with DFhack, how can I contribute to the update?

phphoenix

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 11, 2014, 01:19:41 pm »

I seem to be having an issue with exterminate, no matter how i select the unit by 'v' or 'k' or unit list, it either tells me i need to select a unit ingame or "Invalid race, use one of...". I've also tried "exterminate pig slaughter/butcher" (yes I have pigs) and get the same result, looking at the code for the script it seems like there should be a list there but it doesn't seem to be printing or finding it.

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 11, 2014, 01:29:05 pm »

I seem to be having an issue with exterminate, no matter how i select the unit by 'v' or 'k' or unit list, it either tells me i need to select a unit ingame or "Invalid race, use one of...". I've also tried "exterminate pig slaughter/butcher" (yes I have pigs) and get the same result, looking at the code for the script it seems like there should be a list there but it doesn't seem to be printing or finding it.
I've run into this same thing, but I assumed it was because I was getting the name for voracious cave crawlers wrong.

phphoenix

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 12, 2014, 04:26:15 pm »

I've run into this same thing, but I assumed it was because I was getting the name for voracious cave crawlers wrong.

I fixed my problem, seems to have been with the ruby api implementation in the Lazy Noob Pack, I just downloaded dfhack and extracted over the existing version of dfhack in the LNP and it worked. Not sure if that's what you were using salithus.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 12, 2014, 04:39:24 pm »

I fixed my problem, seems to have been with the ruby api implementation in the Lazy Noob Pack, I just downloaded dfhack and extracted over the existing version of dfhack in the LNP and it worked. Not sure if that's what you were using salithus.

The Ruby API is part of DFHack, the Lazy Newb Pack doesn't add any functionality to DFHack.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 12, 2014, 05:15:50 pm »

I fixed my problem, seems to have been with the ruby api implementation in the Lazy Noob Pack, I just downloaded dfhack and extracted over the existing version of dfhack in the LNP and it worked. Not sure if that's what you were using salithus
The Ruby API is part of DFHack, the Lazy Newb Pack doesn't add any functionality to DFHack.

Yeah, actually my fault. I sent over some scripts to Peredexiserrant, one of them was /hack/ruby/ruby-autogen.rb which has different line endings on mac, and because of this fails on windows. (btw: is that normal?)
thx for the report.

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 12, 2014, 05:33:07 pm »

I fixed my problem, seems to have been with the ruby api implementation in the Lazy Noob Pack, I just downloaded dfhack and extracted over the existing version of dfhack in the LNP and it worked. Not sure if that's what you were using salithus

Yeah, actually my fault. I sent over some scripts to Peredexiserrant, one of them was /hack/ruby/ruby-autogen.rb which has different line endings on mac, and because of this fails on windows. (btw: is that normal?)
thx for the report.
Sweet - I'll try this out later today and let you know if it works for me too.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 12, 2014, 08:39:25 pm »

Thanks for the bug reports!  I've changed the line endings in that file for pack r66. 
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 360