Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1073328 times)

Imperator314

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r5
« Reply #345 on: August 12, 2014, 06:50:43 pm »

Since it seems there's no link as yet, here are my DFhack builds based on Quietust's latest pull
GNU/Linux: http://wikisend.com/download/557900/df_linux_40_08_hack.tar.gz
OS X: http://rghost.net/57423137
Note that the links will likely expire in 7 and 30 days respectively, until I find a better file-hosting site. Most stuff works, including most UI plugins and the essentials like reveal or dig-v.

Is this available for windows?

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 12, 2014, 07:07:04 pm »

Building stuff for Windows is a pain in the butt. For some reason my Windows partition can't install the SP1 update of Visual Studio Express 2010 (says it can't detect VS). If there's a way to install it as a standalone I'd be grateful (and I could build dfhack I guess).

I wonder when DFhack will be available for 40.08? I'd really like to be able to figure out what the heck is going on with the responses and why x is acting y way. It's really confusing atm and vague.

And also whatever is causing some underground critters to spam path fail errors sometimes. I feel like posting a bug report, but just saying I'm getting craploads of path fail errors isn't really enough.
Look at the post above yours, tell me if it works.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 07:09:09 pm by Nopenope »

sv-esk

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry for my bad english
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 12, 2014, 07:44:40 pm »

Finally, installed vc2010 and sp1 succesfully.
Removed stonesense, rprobe and autolabor2. Because it causes errors and fail while compiling. May be someone more experienced can build with it and post here?
Removed autolabor.plug.dll - because it fails to initialize.
Removed "UI and game logic tweaks", "Apply binary patches at runtime" , "Scripts" and stockflow from dfhack.init. It seems , they are for 34.11. Something of them even causes crash on embarking.
dfhack.init-example left unchanged
Here is it: http://www.mediafire.com/download/pf9bdyvsyq815np/dfhack-0.40.08-r0-Windows.zip (edit: outdated)
Reveal, autodump, createitem, liquids, tiletypes, search, manipulator, prospect, exterminate, digl, digv works fine.
It can be very buggy. Use at your own risk. It is recommended to wait official build.(edit: official build avaible!)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 06:23:23 am by sv-esk »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 12, 2014, 08:05:50 pm »

Building stuff for Windows is a pain in the butt. For some reason my Windows partition can't install the SP1 update of Visual Studio Express 2010 (says it can't detect VS). If there's a way to install it as a standalone I'd be grateful (and I could build dfhack I guess).

I wonder when DFhack will be available for 40.08? I'd really like to be able to figure out what the heck is going on with the responses and why x is acting y way. It's really confusing atm and vague.

And also whatever is causing some underground critters to spam path fail errors sometimes. I feel like posting a bug report, but just saying I'm getting craploads of path fail errors isn't really enough.
Look at the post above yours, tell me if it works.

I can't run it, using Windows 8 here and I used the OSX one. It just refuses to launch.

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 12, 2014, 08:27:36 pm »

Yeah uh that's because I built it on OS X so I don't think it's going to run on Windows. You should probably use sv-esk's build; I managed to build it for Windows (after removing what he did) but for some reason it crashes on embark, even when commenting out obsolete binpatches.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 12, 2014, 08:52:38 pm »

Going to wait for an official build though maybe.

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 12, 2014, 08:55:14 pm »

I think it has more to do with the plugins - the builds work mostly fine but many plugins haven't been updated to work with .40.08 yet, causing all sorts of weirdness.

Imperator314

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 12, 2014, 09:31:39 pm »

Finally, installed vc2010 and sp1 succesfully.
Removed stonesense, rprobe and autolabor2. Because it causes errors and fail while compiling. May be someone more experienced can build with it and post here?
Removed autolabor.plug.dll - because it fails to initialize.
Removed "UI and game logic tweaks", "Apply binary patches at runtime" , "Scripts" and stockflow from dfhack.init. It seems , they are for 34.11. Something of them even causes crash on embarking.
dfhack.init-example left unchanged
Here is it: http://www.mediafire.com/download/pf9bdyvsyq815np/dfhack-0.40.08-r0-Windows.zip
Reveal, autodump, createitem, liquids, tiletypes, search, manipulator, prospect, exterminate, digl, digv works fine.
It can be very buggy. Use at your own risk. It is recommended to wait official build.

It doesn't like the new SDL. I get this error when I try to start DF: “The program can’t start because protobuf-lite.dll is missing from your computer.”

sv-esk

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry for my bad english
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 12, 2014, 09:47:43 pm »

It doesn't like the new SDL. I get this error when I try to start DF: “The program can’t start because protobuf-lite.dll is missing from your computer.”
Looks like an error while extracting the archive
 protobuf-lite.dll, SDL.dll(4Mb), all other files and "hack" folder from archive must be extracted to root DF folder (where Dwarf Fortress.exe, old SDL.dll(that will be replaced), "data", "raw", "SDL" folders)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 10:00:49 pm by sv-esk »

ohgoditburns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 12, 2014, 10:14:20 pm »

Since it seems there's no link as yet, here are my DFhack builds based on Quietust's latest pull
GNU/Linux: http://wikisend.com/download/557900/df_linux_40_08_hack.tar.gz
OS X: http://rghost.net/57423137
Note that the links will likely expire in 7 and 30 days respectively, until I find a better file-hosting site. Most stuff works, including most UI plugins and the essentials like reveal or dig-v.

Getting crashes as soon as I unpause after embark.

Code: [Select]
# /Users/rbrady/df/dfhack: line 15: 69791 Bus error: 10           DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES=./hack/libdfhack.dylib ./dwarfort.exe "$@"

logout

The landscape routinely being soaked in flammable fluids somehow seems less than benevolent.

isitanos

• Bay Watcher
  • Seasonal river flood nostalgic
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 12, 2014, 11:37:28 pm »

Yeah um, careful with those experimental builds people. Given how dfhack toys with DF's memory, if some obsolete plugin change the wrong things you're likely to end up with crashes and saves corruption... so only use those for fooling around with a fortress you don't care about much.

Also, some people should educate themselves on what OSX, Windows and Linux are. No excuse, you've got Wikipedia and the intertubes at your disposal.

Streeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Playing D&D Counts as Partying
    • View Profile
    • https://www.google.com/
« Reply #356 on: August 13, 2014, 12:15:06 am »

Isitanos, I don't get the impression that the folks ITT cloning the repos will have unrealistic expectations. They probably comprehend what it means to be an unstable/incomplete version. I just see it as enthusiastic beta testing. :P

Compared to most game communities, even other early release games, I don't find Dwarf Fortress fans to be very entitled.  8)
"To ensure quality standards, this space is hereby declared a Signature-Free Zone (SFZ). All intruding signatures, real or made-up, will be shot on sight."

ohgoditburns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 13, 2014, 10:24:30 am »

There's a repo here: https://github.com/EldrickWT/dfhack that supposedly compiles, "but expect explosions". Testing it on osx. Hopefully it won't crash right off the bat :P
The landscape routinely being soaked in flammable fluids somehow seems less than benevolent.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 13, 2014, 10:24:47 am »

*deleted*
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 11:11:15 am by Phoebus »

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 13, 2014, 10:44:46 am »

There's a repo here: https://github.com/EldrickWT/dfhack that supposedly compiles, "but expect explosions". Testing it on osx. Hopefully it won't crash right off the bat :P
Uploading Macnewbie with DFhack right now, cherry picked all the commits that'd compile.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 360