Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1073462 times)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.08-r2
« Reply #450 on: August 16, 2014, 07:10:37 pm »

I didn't have an onLoad.init file in the folder with dfhack.init, so I made one and added the items but it didn't try to run the commands on load.

After doing some research it looks like the LNP has it's own onLoad.init file named LNP_dfhack_onLoad.init. I added the commands to this file and it seems to work fine. I just hope this file doesn't get overwritten by the LNP from time to time.

It will be overwritten by the launcher every time you launch DF or close the launcher.  Your onLoad.init needs to go in the /data/save/regionX/raw/ folder. 
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

adgriff2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 16, 2014, 07:13:07 pm »

It will be overwritten by the launcher every time you launch DF or close the launcher.  Your onLoad.init needs to go in the /data/save/regionX/raw/ folder.

I'll try that. Thanks!

Treefingers

• Bay Watcher
  • ...grumbles only mildly at inclement weather.
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 16, 2014, 08:04:14 pm »

dfhack is failing to start, giving me this:
Code: [Select]
./libs/Dwarf_Fortress: symbol lookup error: ./hack/libdfhack.so: undefined symbol: _Z10lua_gettopP9lua_State
I was previously getting the usual libstdc++ errors, which I fixed by (as usual) removing the libstdc++ file from "/libs". The above error only appeared after making the fix. Other than that, I've only done some basic changes to "dfhack.init". DF itself is the most recent v.

Workaround? Fix? Please/thanks!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 08:09:23 pm by Treefingers »

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 16, 2014, 08:18:48 pm »

How would one go about expanding the embark tools plugin? 

In my major mod, smelter reactions are all custom reactions with additional reagents to the ore itself.  For example, tetrahedrite smelting needs a flux in rough green glass which you can get in several ways, lead and tin ores need another coal bar to reduce the oxide, and ironworking is done entirely outside of the smelter.  This means, metal ores are no longer considered as such by the vanilla game, so that they no longer appear on the embark screen as "Shallow Metal" and "Deep Metal". 

I want to restore something like that to the embark screen, which I think would work in a similar way to the sand indicator.  As groundwork I've prefixed all the ore names with METAL_ORE_ (so, METAL_ORE_HEMATITE and so on).  How would such a script work, so that for example, the string to search would be "METAL_ORE_"? Ideally I would like for it to work like vanilla (with plurals and depth and all) though that is too much wizardry for me (I can't into DFHack programming  :()
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 12:08:03 am by samanato »

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 16, 2014, 08:19:54 pm »

!!double post, sorry!!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 08:22:40 pm by samanato »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 16, 2014, 08:33:29 pm »

gui/unit-info-viewer

*with realization* OHhh. Why didn't I think of that, lol. I thought I had to do lua or script or something. Thank you.

Edit: It doesn't do what I thought it would do, just the name, description, and size. I thought there would be a way to view stuff like the reason for them acting in a certain way to stuff, like the conversations? Though maybe that isn't developed yet.

Also, how do I view the adventurer info like reputation/fame?

Why are you guys not answering my new questions?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 16, 2014, 10:57:53 pm »

So the onLoad.init can be in the raw folder, but am I correct that any scripts you're using still need to get tucked into the /hack/scripts folder?

I was hoping to keep everything in the raw folder.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 16, 2014, 11:09:19 pm »

What's New
  • Internals
    • Support for per save script folders. DFHack will now look for scripts in raw/scripts before checking for scripts in hack/scripts. This will help portability of  savegames between people who have different mods.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

breadman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 16, 2014, 11:28:05 pm »

If you set more than a link to a stockpile, the linked list of "give: stockpile #1", "take: stockpile #2", ETC/ETC gets overlapped by: "J: No Job Selected" ??, its anybody else having this issue?

This one's my fault.  I'm open to suggestions on a better place for the stockflow lines.  Part of the trickiness is that the position of the links depends on the size of the window, and part is that I was working around Falconne's auto-trade/auto-melt/auto-dump plugin.

EDIT:
and this:
http://es.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=11lpoi0&s=8

Those locations made sense in 0.34.11, when the trade screen was limited to the top 25 lines.  That can be fixed, probably for the next release.

./libs/Dwarf_Fortress: symbol lookup error: ./hack/libdfhack.so: undefined symbol: _Z10lua_gettopP9lua_State
I was previously getting the usual libstdc++ errors, which I fixed by (as usual) removing the libstdc++ file from "/libs". The above error only appeared after making the fix. Other than that, I've only done some basic changes to "dfhack.init". DF itself is the most recent v.

Workaround? Fix? Please/thanks!

This sounds like it's failing to load ./hack/liblua.so for some reason.  Has that file been deleted?  Do you have another liblua.so on your system?

Edit: It doesn't do what I thought it would do, just the name, description, and size. I thought there would be a way to view stuff like the reason for them acting in a certain way to stuff, like the conversations? Though maybe that isn't developed yet.

When we don't know an answer, we tend to stay silent in case someone with more expertise in that particular area can chime in.  Unfortunately, there isn't always a good answer, and we can't always tell when that's the case.  Frequently, the experts are doing something else, such as playing the game or updating DFHack to the new version, instead of paying close attention to the thread.

In this case, it doesn't sound like there's a good script anywhere that does exactly what you want.  However, you could try launching lua and poking around in the memory structures to see if something sounds like what you're looking for.  In this case, historical_figure_info.reputation sounds promising.
Quote from: Kevin Wayne, in r.g.r.n
Is a "diety" the being pictured by one of those extremely skinny aboriginal statues?

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #459 on: August 17, 2014, 01:59:51 am »

Well, I'm glad that most of the new structures are added on instead of removed outright.  Most of the old scripts should still work.

That being said, has anyone been playing with trees?  I've worked out how to change the tiles of a tree provided they are already part of that tree, but how does the game determine the tree's current shape?  It doesn't seem to be all tree tiles within a cube, since adding new tree tiles within a tree's cube just creates a species-less 'tree' tile.  Stranger still, trees don't seem to have ID numbers.  How does the game determine which tiles belong to which tree if the tree has no ID?

Treefingers

• Bay Watcher
  • ...grumbles only mildly at inclement weather.
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 17, 2014, 02:51:51 am »

This sounds like it's failing to load ./hack/liblua.so for some reason.  Has that file been deleted?  Do you have another liblua.so on your system?

./hack/liblua.so exists. I tried removing it just to see what would happen. I got the exact same result: no change to that error and no new errors.

I have packages lua (5.2.3-1) and lua51 (5.1.5-4) installed. Can't remove either because important stuff depends on them. And I never had lua problems with dfhack for DF 0.34.11. OS is 32-bit Arch, but I'm not using the repos for DF/dfhack. I'm just downloading from the sites.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 17, 2014, 10:52:58 am »

Well, I'm glad that most of the new structures are added on instead of removed outright.  Most of the old scripts should still work.

That being said, has anyone been playing with trees?  I've worked out how to change the tiles of a tree provided they are already part of that tree, but how does the game determine the tree's current shape?  It doesn't seem to be all tree tiles within a cube, since adding new tree tiles within a tree's cube just creates a species-less 'tree' tile.  Stranger still, trees don't seem to have ID numbers.  How does the game determine which tiles belong to which tree if the tree has no ID?

There's a list of trees in the first map_block_column of the embark square, each of which has a list of all the branches in the tree, and their sizes. You have to modify that if you want to add new tiles to the tree. Keep in mind that the bounding box of the tree is kinda fixed after the tree is made, so you can't easily make ygdrassil, as far as I know.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 17, 2014, 10:59:35 am »

When we don't know an answer, we tend to stay silent in case someone with more expertise in that particular area can chime in.  Unfortunately, there isn't always a good answer, and we can't always tell when that's the case.  Frequently, the experts are doing something else, such as playing the game or updating DFHack to the new version, instead of paying close attention to the thread.

In this case, it doesn't sound like there's a good script anywhere that does exactly what you want.  However, you could try launching lua and poking around in the memory structures to see if something sounds like what you're looking for.  In this case, historical_figure_info.reputation sounds promising.

The first one was kind of a semi-question since I'm pretty sure such a thing doesn't exist to analyze the new reactions regarding the new conversation system.

Also, I swear there was already some script or tool to view the numbers of the adventurer stats and stuff like that. The whole reputation thing is different from the previous version since the rep isn't civ wide anymore, so you probably have to build new scripts for that anyway.

dariopnc

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 17, 2014, 12:10:30 pm »

Hello everyone!

I installed DFHack on my debian machine amd64 (df 40.08) but cannot get stonesense to work

I removed libstdc++ to use system one, installed liballegro:i386 but still no luck

now stderr says: df_linux/hack/plugins/stonesense.plug.so: undefined symbol: al_color_rgb_to_hsv

hints?
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 360