Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1078392 times)

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.10-r1
« Reply #690 on: September 01, 2014, 02:05:09 pm »

Could anyone explain how I go about using item-trigger in the RAWs? I can't seem to find anything on it other than an explanation of its function. My apologies if I am missing anything.

EDIT: More broadly, are there examples or a how-to-use the modtools mentioned in the readme? Because the readme itself only explains what they do, not how to apply them.

The various modtools were discussed here. I don't believe that there has been much other information about them, but you basically don't modify anything in the raws, you put everything into onLoad.init now, example syntax from expwnent's post

Code: [Select]
# example syntax
modtools/item-trigger -material INORGANIC:GOLD -command [ devel/printArgs "gold item equipped!" ] -onEquip
modtools/item-trigger -material CREATURE_MAT:DWARF:SKIN -command [ devel/printArgs "dwarf skin item? gross. put it back down." ] -onEquip
modtools/item-trigger -itemType ITEM_WEAPON_SPEAR -onStrike -command [ devel/printArgs "spear strikes target!" ]

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: September 01, 2014, 02:38:10 pm »

Basically the only documentation right now is modtools/blah -help and the readme. Do you have any specific questions about how to use them? I'm not sure what you want.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: September 01, 2014, 05:36:41 pm »

Anyone know of some symbol offsets I can manipulate to emulate nanofortress?
Use "embark-tools".
Edit: To be specific, "embark-tools enable nano".

embark_site is not a recognized command.
Invalid hotkey command: 'embark_site nano'

actually... seems to not error out, but I still don't end up with a 1x1

I'm looking at how I used it in mw v5.10

dfhack.init

keybinding add Alt-N@choose_start_site "embark_site nano"
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 05:39:16 pm by thistleknot »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: September 01, 2014, 05:44:46 pm »

I said "embark-tools enable nano", not "embark_site nano". embark-tools is a plugin new in r5 (an improved version of embark_site, plus a few other features).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: September 01, 2014, 05:47:39 pm »

I know what you said... [miscommunication on what I was stuck on.  I tried your command, and then looked at how pre version was implemented... then you noted the command line change]

It's working.

Pasting the command in, and resizing **down** my embark size seemed to work.

Glad to know the command line updates :)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 06:04:06 pm by thistleknot »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: September 01, 2014, 05:54:21 pm »

Basically the only documentation right now is modtools/blah -help and the readme. Do you have any specific questions about how to use them? I'm not sure what you want.
Just wanted to know how to use them. Thanks for the help.

Actually, another question:
Could anyone explain how I go about using item-trigger in the RAWs? I can't seem to find anything on it other than an explanation of its function. My apologies if I am missing anything.

EDIT: More broadly, are there examples or a how-to-use the modtools mentioned in the readme? Because the readme itself only explains what they do, not how to apply them.

The various modtools were discussed here. I don't believe that there has been much other information about them, but you basically don't modify anything in the raws, you put everything into onLoad.init now, example syntax from expwnent's post

# example syntax
modtools/item-trigger -material INORGANIC:GOLD -command [ devel/printArgs "gold item equipped!" ] -onEquip
modtools/item-trigger -material CREATURE_MAT:DWARF:SKIN -command [ devel/printArgs "dwarf skin item? gross. put it back down." ] -onEquip
modtools/item-trigger -itemType ITEM_WEAPON_SPEAR -onStrike -command [ devel/printArgs "spear strikes target!" ]
Where is onLoad.init located? Checked the dfhack files and couldn't find it. Assuming I have to create it, where does it go?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 06:03:16 pm by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: September 01, 2014, 06:07:49 pm »

data/save/regionX/raw/onLoad.init

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: September 01, 2014, 06:09:50 pm »

But if it only appears after genning a world, how can I, for example, set a specific god to be created for every world with moddable-gods?
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: September 01, 2014, 06:20:07 pm »

But if it only appears after genning a world, how can I, for example, set a specific god to be created for every world with moddable-gods?
You could create an onLoad.init in DF/raw, which should be copied to the 'raw' folder of new saves, but this won't apply to existing saves. I'm hoping to implement a global onLoadWorld.init in the next version of DFHack, but something like this should work for now (placed in dfhack.init, which loads onLoad.init in the main DF directory):
:lua dfhack.onStateChange.foo = function(state) if state == SC_WORLD_LOADED then print((dfhack.run_command('script onLoad.init'))) end end

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: September 01, 2014, 06:35:20 pm »

Placing it in dfhack.init will work as a global onLoad.init, placing onLoad.init into the objects/raw/onLoad.init will mean that any world you generate will get a copy of it put into that worlds file.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: September 01, 2014, 06:54:35 pm »

Placing it in dfhack.init will work as a global onLoad.init, placing onLoad.init into the objects/raw/onLoad.init will mean that any world you generate will get a copy of it put into that worlds file.
If moddable-gods needs to be run when a world is loaded, it won't work in dfhack.init (I'm not sure if this is the case, though).
Also, it's "raw/onLoad.init", not "raw/objects/onLoad.init" (see here). Assuming this was a typo.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 06:56:44 pm by lethosor »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: September 01, 2014, 07:34:07 pm »

My thanks for your help. I think I understand now. Are there any side effects of both creating a onLoad.int in raw and placing the command on dfhack.init as well?

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: September 02, 2014, 04:20:40 am »

It would run twice if you do it that way.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: September 02, 2014, 10:00:22 am »

I'm looking for information regarding if it's possible to enumerate the effects of Evil biomes via DFHack, and/or if anyone has done any investigation into how this might be possible.

Specifically, I'm looking to determine, proir to embark, if a region/tile/area with an evil biome has blood rain, nasty clouds, re-animation, husking, etc.  Much the same way that prospect and probe provide information, today, ideally.

Even if there is currently no script or tool that does it, does anyone know of where in the structures one might start to look to enumerate or identify these effects?  Thanks in advance for any direction or advice.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: September 02, 2014, 11:16:32 am »

Apologies if I am overlooking something extremely simple, but I am having a problem with the moddable-gods script. More specifically, dfhack claims that "template god" is missing. This template, however, is nowhere to be seen, nor are there any hints of how to create it in the file. Keep in mind I tried to use the script both through onLoad.init as well as dfhack.init (not at the same time, however).
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 360